Register

Race Thread

Skinny tyres, drop handlebars and mud. Lots of mud.

Moderator: Eshnar

25 Nov 2018 15:48

SPOILERS

well... not so much. MVdP wins, WvA 2nd, Aerts 3rd.
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon

26 Nov 2018 20:00

De Vlaeminck is right. Cyclocross has become too boring due to MVDP domination. If only he does not feel the need to humiliate his opponents so much and only use the last lap to win, it might become more interesting.
The women's race though remains exciting
IndianCyclist

Re:

27 Nov 2018 10:36

IndianCyclist wrote:De Vlaeminck is right. Cyclocross has become too boring due to MVDP domination. If only he does not feel the need to humiliate his opponents so much and only use the last lap to win, it might become more interesting.

I've prioritized watching the women's races lately and catching the men's races only if I have the time. Last sunday's race was great, again way more interesting than the men's. 4 different winners in 5 races, shapes up to be a nice world cup.
davebqvst

Re:

27 Nov 2018 13:44

IndianCyclist wrote:De Vlaeminck is right. Cyclocross has become too boring due to MVDP domination. If only he does not feel the need to humiliate his opponents so much and only use the last lap to win, it might become more interesting.

Did you mean to use an emoti after that? :rolleyes:
jmdirt

Re: Race Thread

29 Nov 2018 21:01

The problem with De Vlaeminck is that he's not a great communicator. I'm sure he admires Mathieu and has already said so but he makes it sound like it's Mathieu's fault that the field cannot keep up to him. Well in a way you cannot blame the opponents either for not having the same talent as Mathieu has unless you would argue that some like Wout can do better. That's what Roger seemed to suggest in a facetious way ("If I train him, Mathieu does not drop him"). Of course it's a quip but it made me laugh and suggests that Wout could do better (when he's free from all the transfer issues).

Besides, Roger also did dominate cyclocrosses from first to last lap in his days, but they weren't really televised at that time.
Echoes

08 Dec 2018 11:33

Roger just sounds like an old ex pro who is out of touch with the modern sport. 'If I train him, Mathieu does not drop him' - unbelievable comments, and totally clueless.
Axel Hangleck

Previous

Return to General