Log in:  

Register

Cyclocross Bosduin Kalmthout

Skinny tyres, drop handlebars and mud. Lots of mud.

Moderator: Eshnar

Cyclocross Bosduin Kalmthout

02 Oct 2011 15:36

Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,174
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

02 Oct 2011 15:51

Watching it, right now.

wow Laurens Sweeck won the U23 race, for his first cross in that category? :o
Echoes
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,015
Joined: 08 Oct 2009 17:57

02 Oct 2011 16:02

Albert's response to De Vlaeminck. :D
Echoes
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,015
Joined: 08 Oct 2009 17:57

02 Oct 2011 16:12

US races were good prep for Wellens, he seems very fit.
Echoes
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,015
Joined: 08 Oct 2009 17:57

02 Oct 2011 16:21

New attack by Albert. Amazing how much power this guy has in the tank.

2 laps to go.
Echoes
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,015
Joined: 08 Oct 2009 17:57

02 Oct 2011 16:39

not a bad race.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,174
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

02 Oct 2011 16:39

1 Albert
2 Wellens
3 Meeusen
4 Mourey
5 Baestaens
6 Nys
7 Pauwels
8 Aernouts
9 Vanthourenhout D.
(10 Al
11 Walsleben?
12 Vantornout)

Gil somewhere.

Edit: 10 Adams, 11 Al, 12 Gil etc.

18 Gaudy

25 Van Compernolle


Pauwels made a mistake in the last lap and Nys could not avoid it otherwise Nys could podium.

Simunek out due to broken chain. :(
Echoes
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,015
Joined: 08 Oct 2009 17:57

02 Oct 2011 17:15

Zam_Olyas wrote:not a bad race.


Yup I enjoyed it, too. But I'm looking forward to the muddier winter crosses. ;)
Echoes
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,015
Joined: 08 Oct 2009 17:57

03 Oct 2011 07:40

Echoes wrote:Watching it, right now.

wow Laurens Sweeck won the U23 race, for his first cross in that category? :o

Huh? No he didn't. Van der Haar took it.
theyoungest
Veteran
 
Posts: 12,244
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

03 Oct 2011 10:28

You wouldn't have quoted me if a Belgian won, would you? :D


I posted during the coverage. Since then I've seen the full results, just like you.


Anyway, Sweeck is 5th and that's already a great performance. The guy is barely 17 !! (12/17/1993). A full year younger than the youngest U23. He should still be a junior normally. :o

Also glad Jouffroy is doing well. :)
Echoes
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,015
Joined: 08 Oct 2009 17:57

03 Oct 2011 14:47

Echoes wrote:You wouldn't have quoted me if a Belgian won, would you? :D

The odds for a Belgian to win a cyclocross race are almost 100%. You should be happy some foreigners still occasionally watch some 'cross.

Anyway, Sweeck is 5th and that's already a great performance. The guy is barely 17 !! (12/17/1993). A full year younger than the youngest U23. He should still be a junior normally. :o

Barely 17? He's almost 18... I think most "new" espoirs are from '93?
theyoungest
Veteran
 
Posts: 12,244
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

04 Oct 2011 11:42

You sure don't know me very well then. Usually I'd root for a non-Low Countries rider in a cyclocross (exception for Pauwels and van der Haar:)) and I was fed up with the Belgian dominance of the early 21st century. Back then, I'd always root for Franzoi. :)


Who else turned U23 at age 18?

Junior = U19, right? So an 18 year old rider should be junior. Van der Haar turned U23 at age 19.
Echoes
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,015
Joined: 08 Oct 2009 17:57

04 Oct 2011 21:38

Echoes wrote:You sure don't know me very well then. Usually I'd root for a non-Low Countries rider in a cyclocross (exception for Pauwels and van der Haar:)) and I was fed up with the Belgian dominance of the early 21st century. Back then, I'd always root for Franzoi. :)


Who else turned U23 at age 18?

Junior = U19, right? So an 18 year old rider should be junior. Van der Haar turned U23 at age 19
.


Untrue, you are a junior from the year you turn 17 and that for 2 seasons ... So you can be junior at 16 and U23 at 18
Life's too important to be taken seriously
Doping sucks

Wouter, John and Xavi, you all will be missed.

hrotha wrote:You guys have an ancient barbarian mentality. Charge right in and be inevitably slaughtered by the superior foe, so that you can be buried with your sword and your silly notions of an "honorable fight".
and proud of it :D
User avatar Michielveedeebee
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,799
Joined: 25 Feb 2010 08:54
Location: Kortrijk, Belgium

05 Oct 2011 00:04

Damnit I always miss cross races. Going to make a calendar thread if that's ok with you guys.
blackcat wrote:you must respect the Cobra, a man who can give himself his own nickname. he trancends hubris.
User avatar luckyboy
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,690
Joined: 26 May 2009 21:26

05 Oct 2011 17:55

Huh Mick, Sweeck is 17 at the moment. He will turn 18 in December.

Hence, he's advanced for his age (so is his twin bro, by the way). That's what I said. ;)
Echoes
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,015
Joined: 08 Oct 2009 17:57

05 Oct 2011 21:53

theyoungest wrote:The odds for a Belgian to win a cyclocross race are almost 100%. You should be happy some foreigners still occasionally watch some 'cross.


Barely 17? He's almost 18... I think most "new" espoirs are from '93?


Why? Cyclocross is a Flemish sport. We're aware of that and still enjoy it every bit as much- it's part of our identity.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran
 
Posts: 16,255
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

06 Oct 2011 20:06

luckyboy wrote:Damnit I always miss cross races. Going to make a calendar thread if that's ok with you guys.


Every Sunday usually, sometimes Saturday :p

It's not that hard to remember!
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran
 
Posts: 16,255
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

10 Nov 2011 15:25

Hi, interesting post.
I roundly decided to go dissertation writing services privately. I look I’ll be really glad with excellent consequents.
User avatar Chupakabro
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Nov 2011 11:10


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Back to top