Register

Enjoy the Ride

Whether it's cross country, marathon or gravity, post all your MTB chat here.

Moderator: Red Rick

11 Nov 2017 17:33

It is a nice ride on most days. I used to ride much more out in Redmond. Since I lost my job at Nintendo, my cycling has been more close to my home area. These rides are often interrupted by the homeless but I'm glad maybe the city have started to clean some of this out. It is an epidemic here in Seattle.
User avatar Sue White

Re:

11 Nov 2017 19:10

Sue White wrote:It is a nice ride on most days. I used to ride much more out in Redmond. Since I lost my job at Nintendo, my cycling has been more close to my home area. These rides are often interrupted by the homeless but I'm glad maybe the city have started to clean some of this out. It is an epidemic here in Seattle.

Interesting... I've never had my ride interrupted by any of the large homeless population in the Seattle area but I see them 'shooting up' on the side of the Interurban trail all the time and have been a little worried at times of being attacked while riding by but usually I'm going way too fast for them to notice me much.

With the Interurban trail going through some of the more seedy areas north of downtown Seattle the homeless seem to have taken over some of the wooded areas along the trail which can get a little gross if you stop to take in the scenery. I agree that homelessness is an epidemic and will get worse if we allow monitored shooting galleries like they've had in Vancouver BC. Since the legalization of weed and the complete disregard for upholding any other drug laws, Seattle has become the mecca for homeless drug addicts from all over the US. There are sheriffs from California buying one-way bus tickets for their homeless drug addicts with a destination of Seattle because we won't send them back, we encourage it by letting people shoot heroin in plain sight and **** and piss anywhere they want. It's disgusting... This is just my opinion based on what I've seen and heard, although the story about sheriffs sending their homeless up here is documented by King 5 news. :confused:
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

13 Nov 2017 03:10

Not so much interrupted per say but as a visual of people using the restroom as they please on the grounds it was a bit of an interruption. I guess that is what we get for the current local officials who allow such.
Maybe one day soon someone will wake up and realize that the common citizen is being abused in all of this? Or no one cares?
User avatar Sue White

Previous

Return to General