Log in:  

Register

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Whether it's cross country, marathon or gravity, post all your MTB chat here.

Moderators: Susan Westemeyer, Red Rick

14 Jul 2018 08:20

Everyone gassed at the end of high altitude XCC in Vallnord. Usual suspects still high in the results but not quite at the top.



SPOILER:
Congrats to Keller and Avancini.
More:
https://www.redbull.tv/video/AP-1W6CZQHC52111/xcc-short-track-en-vallnord
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,526
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

16 Jul 2018 00:37

XCO **SPOILER**

It might just be glass and I here so I'll keep it short:

Gunn-Rita on top of the box! 20 years older than second place!
http://www.uci.ch/mountain-bike/results/

Gery 'Buamer stomps!
http://www.uci.ch/mountain-bike/results/
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,199
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

Re:

16 Jul 2018 12:53

jmdirt wrote:XCO **SPOILER**

It might just be glass and I here so I'll keep it short:

Gunn-Rita on top of the box! 20 years older than second place!
http://www.uci.ch/mountain-bike/results/

Gery 'Buamer stomps!
http://www.uci.ch/mountain-bike/results/


Brilliant rides from Rita and young Gery - looks like high altitude suits them.
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,526
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

17 Aug 2018 09:56

Congrats to N1NO for his 6th XCO World Cup overal win. Bit of bad luck in the race (snapped chain + flat rear tire = 7th place).
Also Jolanda seems to be back at her top shape this season.

La Bresse is next 24-26.8.2018
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,526
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

24 Aug 2018 16:32

Please post links for La Bresse. Thanx in advance!
I'm late for work on Monday and my boss is bitchin
User avatar Black Betsy
Junior Member
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 16 Mar 2014 08:55
Location: Cyprus

Re:

26 Aug 2018 05:50

Black Betsy wrote:Please post links for La Bresse. Thanx in advance!

XCC
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1W6D29H8N2111/xcc-short-track-en-la-bresse?playlist=AP-1VWM2FPCH1W11:live_programs
DH on the right
XCO will be there later also.
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,526
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

26 Aug 2018 15:36

Tight XCO for the ladies with the top four within 30 sec.
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,199
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

Re:

26 Aug 2018 18:58

jmdirt wrote:Tight XCO for the ladies with the top four within 30 sec.


Really happy for Neff to claim that overal WC win also. It really was obvious today, that Langvad just isn't complex mt-biker (so much struggle with technical sections) and therefore the overal title is in the right hands.

Really rooted for MVDP today to claim his 1st XCO WC win, but it looks like that ridiculously long season (he's racing non-stop since last Sept.) might be finally starting to take its toll...
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,526
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

Re: Re:

26 Aug 2018 19:56

glassmoon wrote:
jmdirt wrote:Tight XCO for the ladies with the top four within 30 sec.


Really happy for Neff to claim that overal WC win also. It really was obvious today, that Langvad just isn't complex mt-biker (so much struggle with technical sections) and therefore the overal title is in the right hands.

Really rooted for MVDP today to claim his 1st XCO WC win, but it looks like that ridiculously long season (he's racing non-stop since last Sept.) might be finally starting to take its toll...

I think that Nino vs MVDP with both on their best form with no issues, Nino wins 9 out of 10 XCO. When MVDP is racing 200 days a year, in three disciplines, plus all the travel, that makes it Nino 10 out of 10. MVDP is the future of whatever discipline he wants, but a little focus goes a long way. Nino was never his best this year, had crashes, injuries, mechanical issues, stomach issues,... yet still won the title. CONGRATS Nino!! :D
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,199
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

26 Aug 2018 21:07

MVDP has finished 2nd in the World Cup despite missing a round, and racing (successfully) on the road. And coming after a long CX season. What could he do if he just concentrated on XC?? Put it another way; could Nino finish 2nd in the CX World Cup?
In this era of specialisation - you're not supposed to swap disciplines - and be at the sharp end in all of them.

I just wish there were more World Cup rounds; 10-12 should be an absolute minimum - 7 races is a ridiculously short season.

Moving on to the World Champs in 2 weeks in Lenzerheide, it's hard to see Nino or Neff losing their crowns; however Kerschsbaumer could give Nino some trouble; looking forward to it.
Axel Hangleck
New Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Jan 2017 22:33

Re:

27 Aug 2018 02:46

Axel Hangleck wrote:MVDP has finished 2nd in the World Cup despite missing a round, and racing (successfully) on the road. And coming after a long CX season. What could he do if he just concentrated on XC?? Put it another way; could Nino finish 2nd in the CX World Cup?
In this era of specialisation - you're not supposed to swap disciplines - and be at the sharp end in all of them.

I just wish there were more World Cup rounds; 10-12 should be an absolute minimum - 7 races is a ridiculously short season.

Moving on to the World Champs in 2 weeks in Lenzerheide, it's hard to see Nino or Neff losing their crowns; however Kerschsbaumer could give Nino some trouble; looking forward to it.

Yes, Nino could be a top CXer.
Yes, more rounds would be better.
Yes, looking forward to worlds.
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,199
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

Re:

29 Aug 2018 08:07

Axel Hangleck wrote:MVDP has finished 2nd in the World Cup despite missing a round, and racing (successfully) on the road. And coming after a long CX season. What could he do if he just concentrated on XC?? Put it another way; could Nino finish 2nd in the CX World Cup?
In this era of specialisation - you're not supposed to swap disciplines - and be at the sharp end in all of them.

I just wish there were more World Cup rounds; 10-12 should be an absolute minimum - 7 races is a ridiculously short season.

Moving on to the World Champs in 2 weeks in Lenzerheide, it's hard to see Nino or Neff losing their crowns; however Kerschsbaumer could give Nino some trouble; looking forward to it.

Kerschsbaumer also needs some chain guide ffs ;)
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,526
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

07 Sep 2018 16:45

MTB UCI WCH in Lenzerheide kicked off on Wednesday with mixed relays with home team of Switzerland taking a gold. Continued with Junior and U23 races and set to climax tomorrow (elite xco) and on Sunday (elite DH).
Results, programme: https://lenzerheide2018.ch/en/race-programme
Intro, info, live TV coverage: https://www.redbull.com/car-en/uci-mtb-world-championships-need-to-know
Enjoy some dirt fellas!
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,526
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

07 Sep 2018 19:35

Some good racing today in the XCO U-23 class; felt a bit sorry for Sina Frei who has absolutely dominated the class in the World Cup, but came up against a rider who's been riding against the Elite class all season.

A good race in the men's U-23; with Alan Hatherly finally doing enough in the final lap to see off the multi talented American youngster Chris Blevins.

On to tomorrow and it's very likely to be a Swiss double and a repeat of last year.

I'm interested to see how Nino races it; does he go hard from the start to try and gap Kerschbaumer early, or does he pace himself and launch later on? And can MvdP finally have a decent Worlds Race after a few disappointing ones at the CX Worlds.
Axel Hangleck
New Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Jan 2017 22:33

08 Sep 2018 16:28

SPOILERS


Grande N1N0. Great race by Kersch too. Also great recovery (especially after that start) from MVP to take a bronze.
Also big chapeau to young Kate Courtney to win an elite gold for the USA after all those years. Congrats to Annika (2nd) and Emily Batty (3rd).
DH tomorrow!
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,526
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

09 Sep 2018 01:19

WOOHHOOO!!! Kate!!

I avoided all cycling media today because I wanted to watch the races without knowing the results, but because an American won I got slapped with two spoilers! :) oh well!

Nino...what can be said?!
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,199
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

18 Sep 2018 13:03

Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,526
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

29 Sep 2018 09:58

2019 and 2020 World Cups are out.

2019 UCI World Cup Downhill: Maribor, Fort William, Leogang, Vallnord, Les Gets, Val di Sole, Lenzerheide, Snowshoe
2019 UCI World Cup XCO: Albstadt, Nové Mesto na Moravé, Vallnord, Les Gets, Val di Sole, Lenzerheide, Snowshoe
2019 World Championships: Mont-Sainte-Anne

2020 UCI World Cup Downhill: Lousã, Maribor, Losinj, Fort William, Vallnord, Mont-Sainte-Anne, Val di Sole, Les Gets
2020 UCI World Cup XCO: Nové Mesto na Moravé, Vallnord, Lenzerheide, Mont-Sainte-Anne, Val di Sole, Les Gets
2020 UCI Downhill World Championships: Leogang
2020 UCI XCO World Championships: Albstadt
2020 XCO Olympics: Tokyo


Super pumped to finally have a World Cup in Portugal.
User avatar Ricco'
Member
 
Posts: 1,267
Joined: 14 Aug 2012 18:41
Location: Coimbra, Portugal

Re:

13 Oct 2018 23:39

Ricco' wrote:2019 and 2020 World Cups are out.

2019 UCI World Cup Downhill: Maribor, Fort William, Leogang, Vallnord, Les Gets, Val di Sole, Lenzerheide, Snowshoe
2019 UCI World Cup XCO: Albstadt, Nové Mesto na Moravé, Vallnord, Les Gets, Val di Sole, Lenzerheide, Snowshoe
2019 World Championships: Mont-Sainte-Anne

2020 UCI World Cup Downhill: Lousã, Maribor, Losinj, Fort William, Vallnord, Mont-Sainte-Anne, Val di Sole, Les Gets
2020 UCI World Cup XCO: Nové Mesto na Moravé, Vallnord, Lenzerheide, Mont-Sainte-Anne, Val di Sole, Les Gets
2020 UCI Downhill World Championships: Leogang
2020 UCI XCO World Championships: Albstadt
2020 XCO Olympics: Tokyo


Super pumped to finally have a World Cup in Portugal.

Good to see a stop in WV, and WCs in CAN...maybe I need a road trip or two! :) I prefer that WCs be the last event of the year though.
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,199
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

24 Oct 2018 13:03

Big (for some) news: Jolanda Neff is racing for Trek team from now on...
https://twitter.com/jolandaneff/status/1055074876359430144
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 1,526
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Back to top