Register

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Whether it's cross country, marathon or gravity, post all your MTB chat here.

Moderator: Red Rick

Re:

18 Oct 2016 17:34

Brullnux wrote:Red bull rampage started today. Some mighty crashes. Didn't catch much of it though, only some videos on Instagram and Facebook

There was a media blackout this year as it was a new venue and it was thought all the coverage last year helped fuel all the stupid fighting and arguments. Seems like it worked.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

22 May 2017 02:40

Well Nino picked up where he left off. Mati Van Der Poel showed that he is getting better at mountain biking (we know that he has the motor!) at 2:51 back. Another name of note is young Andri Frischknecht 4:33 back.

To kick the the Rainbow win off, World Champ Langvad took the womans race.

Good news for the USA, Kate Courtney took the U23 womans race.
jmdirt

22 May 2017 09:39

VDP was particularly impressive considering he got caught behind the crashes right at the start dues to being gated in 80th position. I think he would have been front or second row in the next race but he's got a road race instead. I wonder if he's going to keep doing all three disciplines or if he's going to focus more. I'm guessing if he keeps getting better on the road we'll see him focus there.
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen

Re:

23 May 2017 19:21

King Boonen wrote:VDP was particularly impressive considering he got caught behind the crashes right at the start dues to being gated in 80th position. I think he would have been front or second row in the next race but he's got a road race instead. I wonder if he's going to keep doing all three disciplines or if he's going to focus more. I'm guessing if he keeps getting better on the road we'll see him focus there.

He is going to quit the Belgium Tour after stage 2 and go to the MTB WC.
User avatar Ricco'

25 May 2017 12:42

Really? That could be very interesting then!
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen

Today 15:57

EM- Nino again, but Mati vdP showed his class in second. We should see some battles this season! :)

U23W- Richards edged out Courtney this week.

EW- Belomoina pulls one out. Yana won a U23 World title a few years back ('14?) but this is the first time that she has put it all together at the Elite World Cup level.

The dust/powder claimed plenty of victims!

Note: vdP won stage 2 of the BBT ahead of Gilbert on Thursday.
jmdirt

Previous

Return to General