Register

Campagnolo super record pulley on record ?

Which tyres for Paris-Roubaix? Whose time trial bike is fastest? Suspension mountain bikes or singlespeeders? Talk equipment here.

Moderator: Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

24 Jun 2015 17:36

winkybiker wrote:
ray j willings wrote:
winkybiker wrote:
ray j willings wrote:
.......I ride and climb on my 53t always ,whatever .wherever.

Well good for you.

What's your problem?

Simple, really.

It's that I don't really believe you. There is probably little you can do that can change that. And even if you really do climb long 12%+ grades in the Alps and Pyrenees in the big ring, I also just think it is really, really stupid to do so.

Well I have been riding for quite some time and it just happens to be the way I ride. I have some pretty decent times up cols in my bag but obviously you would not believe them if I posted them.
I did not mention that I ride in a 53t all the time as a "macho statement " It was to explain why I put the downtube shifter on the front mech as I don't use the paddle and it drops more weight as I don't flick between the front rings.

I have kept the 39 front mech because it would not be a racing bike without it IMO. " I like that look"

I have never had any issues physically riding on my 53t and it works for me. So It's not "stupid" or makes me
"stupid" it just not something you do or can do " I don't know you" When I was a cycle courier "London" I had a 54t on my courier bike.

I don't understand why you would think I would lie but obviously that's your issue to deal with.

I have only posted in a good spirit and have been truthful and am happy to ask any questions about my bike that I posted. "Its lucky I didn't post my other racing bike it's way lighter :D "

You obviously have a problem with my bike my gear choice and your posts have just been negative and its obvious you have an issue with what I do, which is "your problem"

Ray
ray j willings

24 Jun 2015 22:15

ray j willings wrote:
winkybiker wrote:
ray j willings wrote:
winkybiker wrote:
ray j willings wrote:
.......I ride and climb on my 53t always ,whatever .wherever.

Well good for you.

What's your problem?

Simple, really.

It's that I don't really believe you. There is probably little you can do that can change that. And even if you really do climb long 12%+ grades in the Alps and Pyrenees in the big ring, I also just think it is really, really stupid to do so.

Well I have been riding for quite some time and it just happens to be the way I ride. I have some pretty decent times up cols in my bag but obviously you would not believe them if I posted them.
I did not mention that I ride in a 53t all the time as a "macho statement " It was to explain why I put the downtube shifter on the front mech as I don't use the paddle and it drops more weight as I don't flick between the front rings.

I have kept the 39 front mech because it would not be a racing bike without it IMO. " I like that look"

I have never had any issues physically riding on my 53t and it works for me. So It's not "stupid" or makes me
"stupid" it just not something you do or can do " I don't know you" When I was a cycle courier "London" I had a 54t on my courier bike.

I don't understand why you would think I would lie but obviously that's your issue to deal with.

I have only posted in a good spirit and have been truthful and am happy to ask any questions about my bike that I posted. "Its lucky I didn't post my other racing bike it's way lighter :D "

You obviously have a problem with my bike my gear choice and your posts have just been negative and its obvious you have an issue with what I do, which is "your problem"

Ray

I am completely uninterested in your bike. Chasing grams like that has very little to do with cycling as I undertake it and is more some sort of somewhat pointless engineering exercise, in my view.

Yep, it's all on me. My problem. There's little you can do to change my view of your big-dog assertions or your interest in bespoke weight-weenie engineering. Might be best that you just put me on ignore.
winkybiker

25 Jun 2015 07:30

winkybiker quote

"I am completely uninterested in your bike. Chasing grams like that has very little to do with cycling as I undertake it and is more some sort of somewhat pointless engineering exercise, in my view.

Yep, it's all on me. My problem. There's little you can do to change my view of your big-dog assertions or your interest in bespoke weight-weenie engineering. Might be best that you just put me on ignore"

I don't put people on ignore. That's for cowards IMO. Other views are out there its no good pretending there not .I like to hear people opinions etc

Perhaps you should think about what made you so angry about my post and your need to respond the way you did and have again.
"Big dog assertions" You obviously have a complex and that is "your problem"

I am always up for a joke and some banter. Perhaps instead of posting with the aim of trying to insult me "tosser" - that was the insinuation, you could have taken your own advice and just ignored my post.

Ray
ray j willings

Previous

Return to General