Register

If the MTB front derailleur wasn't already dead.......

Which tyres for Paris-Roubaix? Whose time trial bike is fastest? Suspension mountain bikes or singlespeeders? Talk equipment here.

Moderator: Pricey_sky

05 May 2016 13:54

2 X 11 or 2 X 10 no single ring mtbs for me. I often ride the road to the trails so I need a range that goes from road to steep. A 10 or 11 wears out fast leaving the cassette worn out for 1 or 2 cogs. Spacing is too wide for the road or trails. then there is that pie plate.
Maybe if I only rode the bike on trails
User avatar Master50

Re: Re:

07 May 2016 16:34

42x16ss wrote:
veganrob wrote:
42x16ss wrote:
jmdirt wrote:SRAM's new cogset is 10-50! A 50 tooth cog?! :eek:

Less range of gears with bigger gaps. Isn't technology great :rolleyes:

Yep, but the sheep will buy the crap

Saw an overweight 50 something riding an S-Works Allez with a SRAM single chainring setup on the weekend (complete with about 30mm of spacers and a riser stem). Poor guy looked like he had no idea what was going on, he was obviously a very new rider.

Whoever sold it needs to be slapped.

I see a lot of that here. I think its awesome when people with money buy $10K bikes even if they don't ride them much because that's more money in the till at my LBS. They change out a lot of 1X for 2X: sometimes before the bike leaves, and other times after the rider realizes that the shop was correct that the 1X gearing is tough on some of the grunts.

I've also noticed an increasing tend of $10K bikes with DH/BMX flat pedal, and people wearing their jogging shoes. Again, more power to 'em. These people are why my LBS can afford to give me discounts! :D
jmdirt

Previous

Return to General