Register

Lynskey Titanium Frames.

Which tyres for Paris-Roubaix? Whose time trial bike is fastest? Suspension mountain bikes or singlespeeders? Talk equipment here.

Moderator: Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

14 Jul 2017 04:38

King Boonen wrote:
froze wrote:
King Boonen wrote:
froze wrote:...however S steel would also be the most expensive and the heaviest of the two...

953 frames are generally lighter than titanium frames that use the standard 3AL-2.5V titanium tubing most builders use. For example a Van Nic Astraeus 54cm frame comes in at 1.77kg while the Genesis 953 Volare was 1.65kg.

Typically that's not the case, most TI frames are lighter than most Stainless frames, but there are exceptions, almost everyone thinks that non stainless steel is the heaviest material to build a bike out of, and normally that's true, but Rodriguez Outlaw is made of steel and weighs just 13.5 pounds...that's lighter than a large percentage of carbon fiber bikes on the market and yet in general CF is the lightest material to make a bike out of.

For example Litespeed T1sL is only 1.05kg. So it depends on the manufacture who specs the material as to how thin they want to make the walls, also some manufacturers will quote their medium size frames weights for publication while others will quote their smallest.

I don't know why you've decided to speak in generalities

Seems to be a common theme with this one.
User avatar Giuseppe Magnetico

Re:

14 Jul 2017 05:05

King Boonen wrote:So you don't know the difference, good to know.

JRS, what are you thinking? Going to do it?

Sorry for my confusing last post....still not had coffee :D

Thought you were referring to the sticky thread on Steel / Ti custom bike builders, when clearly you're asking about the new bike!!

As above, currently on the road and will be looking at a new bike on my return home.....when I have down time, I surf bike p0rn and get all excited :D

Yeah, I need help :surprised:
User avatar JackRabbitSlims

14 Jul 2017 12:44

JackRabbitSlims wrote:...when I have down time, I surf bike p0rn and get all excited.

Yeah, I need help. :surprised:

Well, you've come to the right place! We're all addicts here to one degree or another! :o

Good post froze, a cautionary tale on not only Bikes Direct, but dealing with frame issues.
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Veteran

16 Jul 2017 17:06

I have a 3-year old Lynskey R230 bike - not the lightest bike I've owned but comfortable on rough roads. I decided to buy USA made for this bike. Lynskey answered all my questions in advance of my buy and tailored the fork steerer tube length to my request. Also my bike arrived with two seat posts (one Al and one Ti).
avanti

28 Jul 2017 21:20

Alpe d'Huez wrote:
JackRabbitSlims wrote:...when I have down time, I surf bike p0rn and get all excited.

Yeah, I need help. :surprised:

Well, you've come to the right place! We're all addicts here to one degree or another! :o

Good post froze, a cautionary tale on not only Bikes Direct, but dealing with frame issues.

I'm not sure if my post about Bikes Direct was a good post, I think I was speaking in generalities.
froze

Previous

Return to General