Register

SRAM Rival 1 Shifter question

Which tyres for Paris-Roubaix? Whose time trial bike is fastest? Suspension mountain bikes or singlespeeders? Talk equipment here.

Moderator: Pricey_sky

SRAM Rival 1 Shifter question

06 Jan 2018 22:34

I am putting togeather a new Trek Crockett frame and want to put Rival 1 on it. My question is is the RH Rival 22 shifter the correct shifter to use with the Rival 1 long cage 3.0 derailleur? The cassette is 11-42. I looked on SRAM website and it appears it is. Just wanted to check before I buy on off eBay. Thanks in advance.
TOZ
Newly Registered Member

Re: SRAM Rival 1 Shifter question

07 Jan 2018 13:00

TOZ wrote:I am putting togeather a new Trek Crockett frame and want to put Rival 1 on it. My question is is the RH Rival 22 shifter the correct shifter to use with the Rival 1 long cage 3.0 derailleur? The cassette is 11-42. I looked on SRAM website and it appears it is. Just wanted to check before I buy on off eBay. Thanks in advance.

Yup, the 1by RH shifters are the same as 2by..hope you have a good LBS for warranty.. :)
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran

07 Jan 2018 14:13

Bustedknuckle wrote:
TOZ wrote:I am putting togeather a new Trek Crockett frame and want to put Rival 1 on it. My question is is the RH Rival 22 shifter the correct shifter to use with the Rival 1 long cage 3.0 derailleur? The cassette is 11-42. I looked on SRAM website and it appears it is. Just wanted to check before I buy on off eBay. Thanks in advance.

Yup, the 1by RH shifters are the same as 2by..hope you have a good LBS for warranty.. :)

Thanks for he reply. I do have a great local shop. They are price matching everything I can find at online stores/Ebay with the exception of the Rival shifters. I can get the shifters substantially cheaper on line. Still trying to see if they could come closer to online prices. I do prefer to buy locally and the LBS will be putting the bike togeather.
TOZ
Newly Registered Member

08 Jan 2018 09:41

I think the reference from BK was more to do with Sram's past record on parts failing, but always good to hear that people still support their local shops :)
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

11 Jan 2018 15:27

TOZ wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:

Thanks for he reply. I do have a great local shop. They are price matching everything I can find at online stores/Ebay with the exception of the Rival shifters. I can get the shifters substantially cheaper on line. Still trying to see if they could come closer to online prices. I do prefer to buy locally and the LBS will be putting the bike together.

Ya know, when they do the price match gig, they are losing money. 36 points is the recognized minimum 'margin'(not markup) to break even at end of year.(divide cost by .64)..hopefully they charge labor.
Veteran

16 Jan 2018 15:23

Bustedknuckle wrote:
TOZ wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:

Thanks for he reply. I do have a great local shop. They are price matching everything I can find at online stores/Ebay with the exception of the Rival shifters. I can get the shifters substantially cheaper on line. Still trying to see if they could come closer to online prices. I do prefer to buy locally and the LBS will be putting the bike together.

Ya know, when they do the price match gig, they are losing money. 36 points is the recognized minimum 'margin'(not markup) to break even at end of year.(divide cost by .64)..hopefully they charge labor.

Kills me when customer says they would rather buy LBS and then pull out the amazon prices. :(
User avatar veganrob

16 Jan 2018 17:07

Yeah, an LBS price matching internet prices isn't happening unless they are stocking grey market stuff bought by the pallet, or just blatantly taking the fast track to bankruptcy. Many LBS' are actually procuring some parts from the internet because they can get it cheeper there than the regular distribution channels. What a f'ckn mess!
User avatar Giuseppe Magnetico

Re:

17 Jan 2018 05:42

Giuseppe Magnetico wrote:Yeah, an LBS price matching internet prices isn't happening unless they are stocking grey market stuff bought by the pallet, or just blatantly taking the fast track to bankruptcy. Many LBS' are actually procuring some parts from the internet because they can get it cheaper there than the regular distribution channels. What a f'ckn mess!

Yep. I was soaked ~$25.00 for some hydraulic mineral oil that I could have bought online for ~$10.00 (marked down from $12.50).
winkybiker

Re: Re:

18 Jan 2018 17:00

winkybiker wrote:
Giuseppe Magnetico wrote:Yeah, an LBS price matching internet prices isn't happening unless they are stocking grey market stuff bought by the pallet, or just blatantly taking the fast track to bankruptcy. Many LBS' are actually procuring some parts from the internet because they can get it cheaper there than the regular distribution channels. What a f'ckn mess!

Yep. I was soaked ~$25.00 for some hydraulic mineral oil that I could have bought online for ~$10.00 (marked down from $12.50).

Don't blame the retailer, he's just trying to stay afloat, blame the manufacturer or distributor that sells direct to consumer AND to LBS'.
Veteran

Re: Re:

18 Jan 2018 19:00

Bustedknuckle wrote:
winkybiker wrote:

Don't blame the retailer, he's just trying to stay afloat, blame the manufacturer or distributor that sells direct to consumer AND to LBS'.

Not blaming anyone. Just how it is.
winkybiker

Return to General