Register

Profile Design Aerobars - Carbon vs Aluminum (weight?)

Which tyres for Paris-Roubaix? Whose time trial bike is fastest? Suspension mountain bikes or singlespeeders? Talk equipment here.

Moderator: Pricey_sky

Profile Design Aerobars - Carbon vs Aluminum (weight?)

12 Feb 2018 12:04

Unless I'm missing something, the Aluminum versions appear to weigh less than the Carbon (or at least the same). So why should I pay 50% more for the Carbon versions? Also - Anyone have any knowledge of the different hand/arm position options too?

Looking for primarily for shorter Tri's. Won't be doing mega-miles on them.
Son of Amsterhammer

12 Feb 2018 15:25

Steez. You'd need to look at the specs but taking the T2+ as an example get different "better" armrests, more adjustable stack height, longer extension so more reach adjustment (although different between the two) and supposedly a more ergonomic grip on the carbon ones. Unless you're a pro Ironman/TT rider looking to get an absolutely perfect position for longer rides I think the carbon ones are a complete waste of money to be honest, but there are a lot of dentists out there.

Flatter extensions allow a slightly more aggressive position compared to up-turned ones at a cost of comfort I believe but it's not something I've tested myself.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

Return to General