Register

Doubts about creatine

Moderator: Tonton

Re:

16 May 2016 18:39

carolina wrote:I've seen the nutritional information for Kill It. The problem with it, which is a common thing among supplements, is the use of proprietary blends. They tell you the ingredients, but don't tell you the amount that is present. For example, there is beta-alanine in Kill It, but you don't know how much.

Most pre-workouts that don't have proprietary blends are under dosed in one or more ingredients. With proprietary blends there's a greater chance of that happening. The supplement industry is not regulated so I try to be careful with what I buy.

The only pre-workouts I tried were from free samples. I only try new supplements if I find enough research to support the claims. I only use creatine and fish oil daily. I use protein powder 3 or 4 times a week and I use a intra-workout during the longer bike rides (exceed from myprotein, it's their version of scivation's extend).

I think your right. You don't get exact amounts of some ingredients just the ones that a guide is more helpful with.
I'm sure though looking at the amount that your getting enough beta. Kill it has Creatinol-O-Phosphate which alongside beta should give a really good effect to your lactic clearance. Extra reps /push a bit harder. Its very well thought out product.
I do enjoy the buzz some of the preworkouts can give you although I tried this Zombie stuff " raise zombies from the dead" and it was disappointing . Kill it is great and if you want to really get off your face " rage" works really well. I overdosed on the stuff last xmas " brilliant" I was high as a kite half the day.
ray j willings

17 May 2016 01:17

I only used one pre-workout some years ago, it was Assault from Muscle Pharm.
A friend of mine bought Hemo rage ultra black concentrate and he told me it was the best pre-workout he has ever experienced.

Anyway, regarding what's being said about this subject:
http://metabolicmasterpiece.com/the-pre-workout-supplement-scam/
User avatar lenric

17 May 2016 13:22

Good article. It explains well why pre-workouts are a waste of money.
carolina

Re:

17 May 2016 16:14

carolina wrote:Good article. It explains well why pre-workouts are a waste of money.

For some pre work outs maybe . Kill it for instance has everything, in-fact a superb amount of everything you need and combines ingredients for great effect as I have posted. It would be more expensive and not at all convenient to get the amount of ingredients at the levels and combinations supplied in kill it separately.
It works out very cheap per drink.

Perhaps a good idea would be to try kill it and see how it go's rather than dismiss it. The article does not mention kill it which does have effective doses and well thought out combinations of ingredients that work to maximum effect.
ray j willings

17 May 2016 17:02

You don't know if it has effective doses, because you don't know what the dosages are. It's full of propriatery blends. It's also impossible to know if it's more expensive or not, because you don't know the quantities for each ingredient.

Also, I don't really see any advantage in taking any pre-workout. I don't get why people buy them. Most of the "effects" people get are from the excessive amounts of caffeine.

Either way, I would guess I can make a cheaper pre-workout. Myprotein sells almost every ingredient on it's own and I always get a 30% discount.
carolina

Re:

17 May 2016 19:44

carolina wrote:You don't know if it has effective doses, because you don't know what the dosages are. It's full of propriatery blends. It's also impossible to know if it's more expensive or not, because you don't know the quantities for each ingredient.

Also, I don't really see any advantage in taking any pre-workout. I don't get why people buy them. Most of the "effects" people get are from the excessive amounts of caffeine.

Either way, I would guess I can make a cheaper pre-workout. Myprotein sells almost every ingredient on it's own and I always get a 30% discount.

I did post a review of Kill it . There is a lot more to it than Caffine and creatine .
It does not give exact doses of some ingredients but does about the main ones and certainly has enough of the lesser known ingredients that are actually very good and not in any other pre work out on the market.

The other day I was seriously thinking about going on the gear maybe some anavar with test. But then you need a PCT etc and in the end I just thought I can't be bothered :D
ray j willings

Previous

Return to General