Register

The curse that is hayfever - best cures/remedies for you?

Moderator: Tonton

The curse that is hayfever - best cures/remedies for you?

10 Jun 2016 18:59

Alright, I know there are many of us who suffer from allergies on this forum, and all of us can agree it's a b*tch. It's a b*tch for sleep, work and just life in general, including cycling. Approximately 1/4 of us will develop it, some worse than others. So what I want to know is what do you do/ medicines do you use to suppress the devil himself's allergy?

Right now I'm using anti-histamines (classic), eye drops and nasal spray. They were working great until the start of this week, when I needed them most. Anyone got others, better?
Brullnux

Re: The curse that is hayfever - best cures/remedies for you

10 Jun 2016 21:54

Brullnux wrote:Alright, I know there are many of us who suffer from allergies on this forum, and all of us can agree it's a b*tch. It's a b*tch for sleep, work and just life in general, including cycling. Approximately 1/4 of us will develop it, some worse than others. So what I want to know is what do you do/ medicines do you use to suppress the devil himself's allergy?

Right now I'm using anti-histamines (classic), eye drops and nasal spray. They were working great until the start of this week, when I needed them most. Anyone got others, better?

http://www.independent.ie/life/health-wellbeing/health-features/irish-dentist-frank-dillion-on-his-unique-approach-to-tackling-hayfever-34743570.html

I have never suffered from hayfever, so have never used above advice.
backdoor

10 Jun 2016 22:44

I have fairly mild hayfever allergies, but for 50+ years I've used 1st generation antihistamine - Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4 mg.
I get it at Wal-Mart, their EQUATE brand, and it's called 'ChlorTabs' - inexpensive and usually on the lowest shelf.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA
JayKosta

19 Oct 2017 10:11

I used to refuse to be on a prescription and just battle it when it happened but by then its already too late. except in the winter, I take allegra and use a nasal spray daily. It takes 15 seconds to get it done. An allergist told me that taking meds when you already have allergies is basically cleaning up spilled milk. too late to matter. You have to have antihistamines built up in your body. Allegra deals more with outdoor allergies so I'm told and it's at walmart generic AND it doesn't make you tired like benadryl. I just quit fighting it. ALSO, one of the biggest helps against colds and allergies is saline nasal spray. my sinuses are much clearer since I started using it. To use it effectively, you have to tilt your head back and squirt it deep into your nostril till you feel it dribble down the back of your throat. Just misting it only hits your nostril and doesn't clean out the area behind. all natural. I haven't had a cold in about 5 years and I suspect this is one of the reasons.
Nobody73
Newly Registered Member

Return to General