Register

The curse that is hayfever - best cures/remedies for you?

Moderator: Tonton

The curse that is hayfever - best cures/remedies for you?

10 Jun 2016 18:59

Alright, I know there are many of us who suffer from allergies on this forum, and all of us can agree it's a b*tch. It's a b*tch for sleep, work and just life in general, including cycling. Approximately 1/4 of us will develop it, some worse than others. So what I want to know is what do you do/ medicines do you use to suppress the devil himself's allergy?

Right now I'm using anti-histamines (classic), eye drops and nasal spray. They were working great until the start of this week, when I needed them most. Anyone got others, better?
Brullnux

Re: The curse that is hayfever - best cures/remedies for you

10 Jun 2016 21:54

Brullnux wrote:Alright, I know there are many of us who suffer from allergies on this forum, and all of us can agree it's a b*tch. It's a b*tch for sleep, work and just life in general, including cycling. Approximately 1/4 of us will develop it, some worse than others. So what I want to know is what do you do/ medicines do you use to suppress the devil himself's allergy?

Right now I'm using anti-histamines (classic), eye drops and nasal spray. They were working great until the start of this week, when I needed them most. Anyone got others, better?

http://www.independent.ie/life/health-wellbeing/health-features/irish-dentist-frank-dillion-on-his-unique-approach-to-tackling-hayfever-34743570.html

I have never suffered from hayfever, so have never used above advice.
backdoor

10 Jun 2016 22:44

I have fairly mild hayfever allergies, but for 50+ years I've used 1st generation antihistamine - Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4 mg.
I get it at Wal-Mart, their EQUATE brand, and it's called 'ChlorTabs' - inexpensive and usually on the lowest shelf.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA
JayKosta

Return to General