Register

Whey Protein

Moderator: Tonton

24 Aug 2011 03:00

RDV4ROUBAIX wrote:I do it Hungarian style, zsíros kenyér, belly bacon cut in cubes, roasted over open flame, drip fat on fresh baked bread, when it's cooked slice the bacon up with green peppers and onions onto the bread. I'm eating this currently with Upslope Pale Ale brewed in the pretentious Yippyville of Boulder Colorado.. Best recovery ever!!! :D

pics are always nice. I remember this from the wooly pigs:D

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=190891&postcount=160
It was all I could do to submit this comment I don’t know where the inspiration came from…
User avatar krebs303
Veteran

24 Aug 2011 07:59

RDV4ROUBAIX wrote:Figured it out. My recovery now consists of bacon and beer. :D

Might be the clen-b in the bacon :S
"hell, kevin was telling me that after 2000 Ullrich never raced over 42%"

When I fed the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked 'why are the poor are hungry?', they called me a communist.
Dom Helder Camara (Archbishop of São Paulo)

Armstrong press adulation
User avatar cromagnon

28 Aug 2011 19:55

I know Cadel has cut out the dairy to drop weight and breathe easier due to less allergenic lactose in the system.

I love it when people say 'you dont get enough protein as a vegan' then they tell me I need to eat animals AND use a protein supp if Im training like I already have been for the last decade lol!

Whey? Say NO WHEY! ;)
Over 300 000km cycled as a vegan.

Strava data
http://app.strava.com/athletes/254600
User avatar durianrider

Location: byron bay, NYC, Bangkok, Radelaide, Sydney, Sunshine Coast.

31 Aug 2011 01:24

durianrider wrote:I know Cadel has cut out the dairy to drop weight and breathe easier due to less allergenic lactose in the system.

I love it when people say 'you dont get enough protein as a vegan' then they tell me I need to eat animals AND use a protein supp if Im training like I already have been for the last decade lol!

Whey? Say NO WHEY! ;)

Yeah sure, I didn't make it to the top of the food chain to settle on veggies and fruits alone.
Heck, I was born with a pork chop in my hand!!! :D
User avatar RDV4ROUBAIX

31 Aug 2011 04:27

RDV4ROUBAIX wrote:Yeah sure, I didn't make it to the top of the food chain to settle on veggies and fruits alone.
Heck, I was born with a pork chop in my hand!!! :D

Me? A good ol' Wisconsin bratwurst! :)
marathon marke

31 Aug 2011 18:59

I find that plant protein is better for me.

I use a Hemp protein
User avatar Boeing

02 Sep 2011 04:57

I've been using Champion Nutrition Metabolo II since it came on the market, I beleive in 1984.
I've used this for pre ride/race, and ProScore for post. The Pro Score is a protein powder. I mix to different ratios, depending on several parameters.

I've not had the same kind of results from anything else and always come back to these two items.

The company changed hands here a few years ago, and there have been some problems with purchases such as overcharging and very near to out of date product with bad taste.

I recently tried some other things but will be going back to these two. Hopefully, the company will get its sh*t together.
User avatar bridgeman

15 Jul 2017 03:13

Why do you need a protein supplement?
User avatar veganrob

15 Jul 2017 13:14

Because it makes my fingernails and toenails grow noticeably faster than without it.
If it assists in the growth of nails, it probably is also helping with other tissue growth.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA
JayKosta

17 Jul 2017 01:37

Well if that is your barometer, then I must be doing great, My nails and hair grow like crazy and I haven't had any animal protein in 38 years. I prefer to use performance as a guide though.
User avatar veganrob

17 Jul 2017 12:05

Yes, performance is the real goal, but trying to attribute changes in performance to a single item is difficult.
I really can't tell if the extra protein is helping my performance - but seeing the obvious change in my nails makes it obvious that it at least does increase that tissue growth.

And I don't think there is any special properties to whey protein, it's just a convenient way for me to get a quick serving of protein immediately after exercise.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA
JayKosta

Previous

Return to General