Register

Website Errors.

Home for all your redesign feedback. We'll make all our important announcements here too!

Moderator: Red Rick

27 Aug 2017 14:48

I realise it's a bit late to point it out, but on the front page you've written that GP de Plouay is on Tuesday (29th) rather than today (27th).
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

10 Sep 2017 20:55

User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re: Website Errors.

14 Sep 2017 21:42

Is the mobile site m.cyclingnews.com dead? As it results in an error message:

Fastly error: unknown domain: m.cyclingnews.com. Please check that this domain has been added to a service.
Yingge

15 Sep 2017 10:34

Yingge wrote:Is the mobile site m.cyclingnews.com dead? As it results in an error message:

Fastly error: unknown domain: m.cyclingnews.com. Please check that this domain has been added to a service.

That address has apparently not been in use for several years. I just use the usual address on my iPhone and get the mobile version of the site.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Administrator

15 Sep 2017 13:25

While Raimondas Rumsas is under investigation, so are another 5 people. Headline is misleading.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

15 Sep 2017 13:32

Benotti69 wrote:While Raimondas Rumsas is under investigation, so are another 5 people. Headline is misleading.

How is it misleading when it's the truth?
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re: Re:

15 Sep 2017 19:41

Irondan wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:While Raimondas Rumsas is under investigation, so are another 5 people. Headline is misleading.

It implies that Raimondas is soley involved. A lot more to it than that.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

15 Sep 2017 20:00

Benotti69 wrote:
Irondan wrote:

Let's hear your headline, that would include everything that you thought it should say.

Personally I think you're nitpicking. Headlines are always written as attention grabbers, with the rest of the facts buried in the story. The headline in this case was truthful, and attention grabbing. Both of which make for a perfect headline. I don't think the author could have written any better of a headline considering what they had to work with. imo
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

15 Sep 2017 20:38

Irondan wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
Irondan wrote:

Let's hear your headline, that would include everything that you thought it should say.

Personally I think you're nitpicking. Headlines are always written as attention grabbers, with the rest of the facts buried in the story. The headline in this case was truthful, and attention grabbing. Both of which make for a perfect headline. I don't think the author could have written any better of a headline considering what they had to work with. imo

I would've thought the team doctor and the Italian hospital are most at fault.

You want me to write headlines for CN? I will have to charge. :)
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

15 Sep 2017 21:14

Benotti69 wrote:
Irondan wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
Irondan wrote:

I would've thought the team doctor and the Italian hospital are most at fault.

You want me to write headlines for CN? I will have to charge. :)

Job's already taken, by the author that wrote this headline... :D
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

15 Sep 2017 21:42

Susan Westemeyer wrote:
Yingge wrote:Is the mobile site m.cyclingnews.com dead? As it results in an error message:

That address has apparently not been in use for several years. I just use the usual address on my iPhone and get the mobile version of the site.

Thanks Susan. Looks like the redirect was still working until a few days back and it has expired. I have now updated the bookmark from m to www and all works fine.
Yingge

18 Sep 2017 17:38

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/uci-road-world-championships-2017/u23-men-individual-time-trial/results/

Isn't it technically wrong to refer to McNulty as "the defending champion"? Surely it's Mathis who was the defending champion...
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Previous

Return to About the website