Register

CN video player

Home for all your redesign feedback. We'll make all our important announcements here too!

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Eshnar, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

CN video player

06 May 2011 11:13

Some of you may have noticed we've got a new video player on CN, as part of a plan to feature more video content on the site.

Unfortunately we're having some problems with the homepage version of the player, although the videos embedded within articles work OK.

Please bear with us, we're currently fixing it.

Dan
Managing Editor Cyclingnews.com
User avatar Daniel Benson
Administrator

06 May 2011 13:54

Daniel Benson wrote:Some of you may have noticed we've got a new video player on CN, as part of a plan to feature more video content on the site.

Unfortunately we're having some problems with the homepage version of the player, although the videos embedded within articles work OK.

Please bear with us, we're currently fixing it.

Dan

Hi DB, if you mean the [font="Courier New"]onunload[/font] problem (i.e. triggers a bad reaction and a popup message in Firefox 4.0.1 on leaving the page) then that must be it. If not, I've got that as well! If you need more info, I can try to replicate it. :)
User avatar L'arriviste

15 Jul 2011 22:08

can the videos be downloaded?
zamasailo

15 Jul 2011 22:51

zamasailo wrote:can the videos be downloaded?

No, well yes, well no, well not really, well yes, but erm, no.. :D

Im a bit confused why CN are back to embedding videos when they had created a youtube channel.

Pick one and stick to it. ;)
TeamSkyFans

15 Jul 2011 23:18

TeamSkyFans wrote:No, well yes, well no, well not really, well yes, but erm, no.. :D

Im a bit confused why CN are back to embedding videos when they had created a youtube channel.

Pick one and stick to it. ;)

Great answer. :D
zamasailo

16 Jul 2011 01:00

kind of buggy.
User avatar usedtobefast

17 Jul 2011 11:22

zamasailo wrote:Great answer. :D

Well you can download them, but it is probably morally wrong so Im not saying how to do it. :D
TeamSkyFans

28 Jul 2011 17:15

Doesn't work well on low bandwidth (for example 600 Mbs). With youtube you can, for example, stop the video, let it buffer, then run, but with these videos I've not had success with this.
djconnel

Return to About the website