Register

New style live reports sucks

Home for all your redesign feedback. We'll make all our important announcements here too!

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Eshnar, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

New style live reports sucks

08 May 2011 14:21

It seems Dan Benson is more interested in shout outs, shilling CN ipad apps, and flaunting that he has Vaughters on his twitter than telling us about the race.

I want to know what is going on in the race - not what someone on twitter thinks.

He's making Harmon seem competent.
Justcycling

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
User avatar Mrs John Murphy

08 May 2011 15:43

Mrs John Murphy wrote:It seems Dan Benson is more interested in shout outs, shilling CN ipad apps, and flaunting that he has Vaughters on his twitter than telling us about the race.

I want to know what is going on in the race - not what someone on twitter thinks.

Couldn't agree more. It's so bad that I have started watching it on Eurosport, with the sound off.
Elverde

08 May 2011 17:18

Mrs John Murphy wrote:It seems Dan Benson is more interested in shout outs, shilling CN ipad apps, and flaunting that he has Vaughters on his twitter than telling us about the race.

Ive got Vaughters on my twitter to so :P Benson :D

New style looks fine to me. Not tried it on a mobile which is really what the live report should be tailored to. If youve got internet chances are you can watch the race. But for mobiles some form of live update is very useful (i just keep track on twitter(
TeamSkyFans

08 May 2011 18:07

I agree.
Yesterday they talked for twenty minutes about tour of california. who cares about that?
marco1_79

08 May 2011 23:25

Yet another Epic Fail by the website that focus on losing readers by ruining a good thing, not everything needs to be changed. :rolleyes:

I mean if the website designers are so bored how about adding the historical links to the races so when you are on a race page you can go see previous years results like we used to?

The twitter feature should have you log into your twitter account and only see the twits you follow, not those CN likes, that way we could log off and not see the twits CN thinks are pertinent.

And put the order back the way it was! Oldest First, newest LAST! So we can read it un-spoiled! SERENITY NOW!
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon
Veteran

09 May 2011 05:22

I liked having the option of most recent entries "on top" and the auto refresh is very welcome.

I'm not interested in the twitter contributions, new format or old, regardless of who they're from. All I look for (and want) in the CN race commentary is factual info about the race.
User avatar Spare Tyre

Return to About the website