Register

Wouter and Tondo

Home for all your redesign feedback. We'll make all our important announcements here too!

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Eshnar, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

Wouter and Tondo

24 May 2011 19:30

I wonder why you make a difference between cyclists? On your front page you've written "R.I.P Wouter" for some time and nothing like that now that Tondo died. How come one rider is more important to remember than another? As a seriuos news leader within cycling you should treat them all the same. Give Tondo the same treatment! Or is he not worth it??
Newgymshoes

24 May 2011 22:11

There are non more worthy than Xavie 'dopingbuster' Tondo.
May he rest in peace
Life's too important to be taken seriously
Doping sucks

Wouter, John and Xavi, you all will be missed.

hrotha wrote:You guys have an ancient barbarian mentality. Charge right in and be inevitably slaughtered by the superior foe, so that you can be buried with your sword and your silly notions of an "honorable fight".
and proud of it :D
User avatar Michielveedeebee

26 May 2011 09:37

I couldn't agree with you more, just sad to see that CyclingNews don't see it as well!!
Newgymshoes

26 May 2011 09:47

Quite honestly, I doubt there's anything unusual. I just think that CN hasn't really thought about it.

The masthead is often the most forgotten part of a news publishing website, because it's pretty much the only bit of the website that's not changing constantly. :)

Anyway you've posted your query in the right place! Let's see what they say. :)
User avatar L'arriviste

26 May 2011 10:04

I don't think its a conspiracy but it would be nice to see Tondo acknowledged as Weylandt has been.
Justcycling

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
User avatar Mrs John Murphy

26 May 2011 12:27

I have just spoken with Dan via email: This discrepency on the site is recognised by the editorial team and is being addressed. Unfortunately a web administration issue means that Dan is unable to make a change to the site himself at the moment. It will be done as soon as that issue is sorted out.
User avatar Martin318is

Thank you!

31 May 2011 14:32

It is beautiful to see that you now show the same decorum for Tondo!!
Newgymshoes

Enough

31 May 2011 16:11

Can we go back to the original, non-rip masthead now, and perhaps not see the rip one return in the future?
User avatar SlowBloke

31 May 2011 16:48

SlowBloke wrote:Can we ... perhaps not see the rip one return in the future?

Believe me, we would all very happy if that were possible.

Susan
I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Administrator

01 Jun 2011 08:21

I guess the prober thing to do would be to have the R.I.P Xavier masthead be up as long as the R.I.P Wouter one was up. Then go back to normal and pray/hope that a new one won't ever be needed.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

01 Jun 2011 15:44

Susan Westemeyer wrote:Believe me, we would all very happy if that were possible.

Susan

Hoping that people won't die, while all very nice, is simply ridiculous.

Cycling news regularly reports the deaths of cyclists - doing a quick search brings up over a thousand articles.

If you feel the need to commemorate people, why not just put up "R.I.P" without names and cover everybody, rather that specifically name some people (which infers that other people aren't worthy, and is basically an insult).
User avatar SlowBloke

01 Jun 2011 15:50

I knew people were tough to please but this is getting ridiculous.
User avatar Mr.DNA

02 Jun 2011 00:34

A dedicated RIP to the most recent seems fine, just time it out after about a month, will hit issues if there are more from time to time, then maybe a general RIP when there's more than one so the webmaster doesn't end up hating his job.
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon
Veteran

02 Jun 2011 07:25

SlowBloke wrote:Hoping that people won't die, while all very nice, is simply ridiculous.

Cycling news regularly reports the deaths of cyclists - doing a quick search brings up over a thousand articles.

If you feel the need to commemorate people, why not just put up "R.I.P" without names and cover everybody, rather that specifically name some people (which infers that other people aren't worthy, and is basically an insult).

I think there's a difference between hoping people won't die and hoping people won't die as ****ing early as those did.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

02 Jun 2011 15:52

Another good reason to bring DOATEC back. He updated the retired and dead threads within minutes of either occurring.

FREE DOATEC :D:D:D:D

(As a tribute I used his signature four smiley's, totally inappropriately like he would.)
User avatar JRTinMA

Return to About the website