Register

Forum and Cookies

Home for all your redesign feedback. We'll make all our important announcements here too!

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Eshnar, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

Forum and Cookies

28 Jul 2011 12:55

Why is it that when logging out I get a message saying All personal data will be deleted, and yet there are still a TON of CN cookies left in the cookie file?

just wondering?
User avatar rickshaw

29 Jul 2011 08:39

Hi rickshaw,

When you log out, the forum software should delete the cookies which keep you logged in to the forum. However it won't delete any other cookies, e.g. ones that get set by the advertising networks. I believe we're working on a way to comply with recent EU legislation that will make the cookies used on the site more transparent to you guys. Hopefully that answers your question!

Joe
Senior Systems Developer - Cyclingnews.com
josnor

29 Jul 2011 12:58

josnor wrote:Hi rickshaw,

When you log out, the forum software should delete the cookies which keep you logged in to the forum. However it won't delete any other cookies, e.g. ones that get set by the advertising networks. I believe we're working on a way to comply with recent EU legislation that will make the cookies used on the site more transparent to you guys. Hopefully that answers your question!

Joe

Maybe its just Opera, but I start with an empty cookie folder and after CN telle me "All cookies have been cleared" there are still about 25 leftover.

Its not the newest Opera either.
User avatar rickshaw

31 Jul 2011 23:07

shouldnt be that many cookies.

I just ran a trace logging in, accessing four pages, and then logging out, and that only brought up 17 cookies. Most of them were temporary ones, a handful expire in 2012.
TeamSkyFans

Return to About the website