Register

Photos on CyclingNews

Home for all your redesign feedback. We'll make all our important announcements here too!

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Eshnar, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

Photos on CyclingNews

14 Sep 2011 18:02

Why is the quality of the photos displayed on this website SO BAD.. I understand the need to have the website load with some reasonable speed, but the photos have been "dumbed down" to the point where they look like they are taken by amateurs.

I look at a lot of other sites and photos taken at the same races are higher quality, often photos taken by the same photographer...

Explanation please......
jasmine
Newly Registered Member

01 Nov 2011 11:30

Hi Jasmine. Can you give us an example of photos which look bad on our site but good on another?
Senior Systems Developer - Cyclingnews.com
josnor

02 Nov 2011 00:05

lost me, what does dumbed down mean..

they have all been optimised for the net, most are around 50kb each which is a perfect balance of quality v speed.

if you want high quality photos go to a photo site? Its a news site, photos are just there to compliment the articles.

(even if the captions are sometimes amusing)
TeamSkyFans

03 Nov 2011 21:27

probably to do with budgets.
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

03 Nov 2011 21:29

TeamSkyFans wrote:lost me, what does dumbed down mean..

they have all been optimised for the net, most are around 50kb each which is a perfect balance of quality v speed.

if you want high quality photos go to a photo site? Its a news site, photos are just there to compliment the articles.

(even if the captions are sometimes amusing)

bit generous, articles? implies a level of journalism.....:D
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Return to About the website