Register

Photo Galleries Blow Rendering Good Photos Unusable

Home for all your redesign feedback. We'll make all our important announcements here too!

Moderator: Red Rick

27 Nov 2014 10:46

The galleries are on our list of things to fix with the site update, which is coming very soon. The updated galleries *should* be a lot better to use, and the general display of images throughout the site will be clearer.

We know it has been frustrating - hopefully the new ones will make it much easier for you to use. Once we've launched the new site, I'll be asking for feedback from readers, so I will be keen to hear what you think of the galleries.

I'm sorry there is still a little wait to get the galleries working, but its on its way!

- Bonny
Part of the Cyclingnews Digital Team
User avatar bonnyc
Non-staff Admin

06 Jan 2015 09:45

photo galleries still don't work.

at least they work on velonews, where i now spend 90% of my cycling news reading time and 100% of my ad attention.
User avatar gregod

Re:

28 Apr 2015 01:49

gregod wrote:photo galleries still don't work.

at least they work on velonews, where i now spend 90% of my cycling news reading time and 100% of my ad attention.

Most people are being forced to bail from this site. It was so great in the old days when it read like a newspaper and one could easily see all info on one page.
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran

Re:

30 Apr 2015 19:49

gregod wrote:photo galleries still don't work.

But you posted to this forum which has targeted ads all over it, so 100% is not really accurate. Or did you mean that you click on 100% of the ads on Velonews, which would make you quite unique given that ads are an irritant more than anything... :rolleyes:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

06 May 2015 09:41

Hey folks. We've got a new photo gallery in the works which should be far more user friendly. We've also fixed a few issues with the current one recently to prevent page crashes for larger galleries on mobile devices, just to try and help in the mean time.
Chris
Development Team

09 May 2015 19:17

site design had gotten much better. Sometimes pictures look a little odd - IE a photo might have half of head and two raised arms.
WildspokeJoe

Re:

10 May 2015 02:20

Chris wrote:Hey folks. We've got a new photo gallery in the works which should be far more user friendly. We've also fixed a few issues with the current one recently to prevent page crashes for larger galleries on mobile devices, just to try and help in the mean time.

appreciate the feedback finally. Thanks mucho. I understand it is a work in progress..the photos have been unusable for years...we're a bit wary.
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran

Previous

Return to About the website