Register

what has happened to this website...

Home for all your redesign feedback. We'll make all our important announcements here too!

Moderator: Red Rick

04 Mar 2015 01:14

I kinda like the new layout of the site. :D
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

11 Mar 2015 11:43

Haven't visited this site for a while. Guess I should have stayed away. Looks like crap.
bike_framed

Re: Forum layout

02 May 2015 11:15

bike_framed wrote:Haven't visited this site for a while. Guess I should have stayed away. Looks like crap.

Totally agree - hard to use, read, navigate - TERRIBLE !! I dont bother with it anymore - which maybe some are glad about - CN should get it back to how it was. Why not have a vote !! ??
User avatar Cycle Chic

Re:

13 May 2015 00:53

Trusty old mobile URL http://m.cyclingnews.com/ now blindly forwards to www.immediate.co.uk/

Am I really the first to notice?
User avatar Mr.DNA

13 May 2015 11:58

This URL is technically no longer in use, as http://www.cyclingnews.com is the site for both desktop and mobile. The same site, the same content, but with a layout that scales to fit the size of your screen.

However, m.cyclingnews.com should just redirect to http://www.cyclingnews.com, and I believe someone is currently correcting this. Though if you are still using the "mobile URL", this is no longer necessary and you'll get an ever so slightly quicker page load by going to www.cyclingnews.com directly (as we won't be redirecting you).
Pete Gale
Front End / UI Developer
Immediate Media
Pete
Development Team

Re: what has happened to this website...

05 Jun 2015 09:53

Please, do something about the new ad popups! I can not read an entire article. A pop up comes up every few seconds! If I can't read an article there is no need to come to cyclingnews!
slopoke
Newly Registered Member

05 Jun 2015 12:10

slopoke wrote:Please, do something about the new ad popups! I can not read an entire article. A pop up comes up every few seconds! If I can't read an article there is no need to come to cyclingnews!

Hi could you explain what you mean by "new ad popups" could you screenshot it so we can understand a little more please.
Sam,

Technical Team Lead, Sport
Immediate Media
sam
Development Team

19 Jul 2015 01:39

In the past week, I have been getting redirects to the App Store and some very sketchy-looking popover ads when accessing the site from a mobile device. I never had these things happen before.
shalgo

05 Aug 2015 18:15

sam wrote:
slopoke wrote:Please, do something about the new ad popups! I can not read an entire article. A pop up comes up every few seconds! If I can't read an article there is no need to come to cyclingnews!

Hi could you explain what you mean by "new ad popups" could you screenshot it so we can understand a little more please.

I don't know if this is what slopoke was referring to, but I am now getting "streaming" popup ads, appearing in the upper right hand side of the page (on a pc), when I open a new article to read. And I don't see an easy way to halt or pause the ad so I can read in peace. If this continues, I absolutely will not use your site while at work (perhaps you're in cahoots with my employer?) because streaming is not allowed even if I'm "off the clock" on a break.

ESPN has long had the same type of streaming video when you open an article, but the "stop/pause" button is easily visible so I can turn it off.
Sciatic

Re:

11 Sep 2015 03:02

shalgo wrote:In the past week, I have been getting redirects to the App Store and some very sketchy-looking popover ads when accessing the site from a mobile device. I never had these things happen before.

Once again today, I keep getting redirected to ads that lead to the app store when accessing the forum on an iphone. It has happened once just while typing this message.
shalgo

Previous

Return to About the website