Register

Comment section below cyclingnews articles

Home for all your redesign feedback. We'll make all our important announcements here too!

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Eshnar, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

Comment section below cyclingnews articles

06 Feb 2019 16:11

When this featured first appeared, I really enjoyed it. You got instant comments and perspective from fans. Informative. Insightful. Sometimes funny.

But I have stopped reading them. It appears to me (I may be wrong I am no Sherlock Holmes) that a person has created multiple accounts and is having a conversation with themselves with the multiple accounts. They create these long chains and up vote them. It just kills the thread. There might be 70 comments in a comment section but 50 are from this person and his alt accounts.

Normally, I'd be like whatever but really kills the user experience.
WildspokeJoe

Re: Comment section below cyclingnews articles

07 Feb 2019 09:24

WildspokeJoe wrote:When this featured first appeared, I really enjoyed it. You got instant comments and perspective from fans. Informative. Insightful. Sometimes funny.

But I have stopped reading them. It appears to me (I may be wrong I am no Sherlock Holmes) that a person has created multiple accounts and is having a conversation with themselves with the multiple accounts. They create these long chains and up vote them. It just kills the thread. There might be 70 comments in a comment section but 50 are from this person and his alt accounts.

Normally, I'd be like whatever but really kills the user experience.

Hi,

I can pass this on to the relevant people. As forum mods/admin we don't moderate the comments on the main webpage or check for multiple accounts etc. One of us did, I'll see if they still do it.

Cheers,

KB.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

Return to About the website