Register

General Doping Thread.

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: General Doping Thread.

14 Oct 2018 20:12

https://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/artikel/2254828-recordvangst-doping-er-gaan-grote-hoeveelheden-door-dit-land.html

record amount of doping caught in 2017 by the dutch authorities (customs). Not specific to cycling but still. Apparently there's a lot of import through the Netherlands
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

Re: General Doping Thread.

14 Oct 2018 21:08

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:https://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/artikel/2254828-recordvangst-doping-er-gaan-grote-hoeveelheden-door-dit-land.html

record amount of doping caught in 2017 by the dutch authorities (customs). Not specific to cycling but still. Apparently there's a lot of import through the Netherlands

I started paying a lot more attention to women's cycling 2 years ago because a girl I've known since we were kids turned pro. It's been fun hearing what her experiences have been.

Why am I mentioning this? A small minority of the stuff she told me does regard drugs - she's never seen use or at least that's what she tells me. However, she's told me there's talk among riders that the benelux is usually where drugs usually make their way into the peloton. She did stress as far as she knows it's just rumours because obviously nobody told her "by the way, I use".

Once she felt close enough to an experienced rider to ask if things are better these days in women's cycling or if it's an uphill battle, the answer was something like "It's not as bad as men's cycling but it's still a lot worse than people think it is". Take it with a grain of salt, of course.
User avatar GuyIncognito

28 Oct 2018 13:38

At the end of today's Womens Super Prestige Cyclocross
Marianna Vos took off her shades in the finishing straight.
A minute of two later in her TV interview her pupils were very dilated.
Is this suspicious, at all?
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

28 Oct 2018 14:06

Dilated pupils are common if you suffer from myopia but aren't wearing your glasses/lenses, and she's pretty much legally blind without glasses.

If you want to question her in that way, I'd start with her association with Ochowicz and Testa
User avatar GuyIncognito

Re:

28 Oct 2018 14:15

TourOfSardinia wrote:At the end of today's Womens Super Prestige Cyclocross
Marianna Vos took off her shades in the finishing straight.
A minute of two later in her TV interview her pupils were very dilated.
Is this suspicious, at all?

No
brownbobby

09 Nov 2018 11:15

https://www.bbc.com/sport/swimming/46117978
Two-time world champion swimmer Filippo Magnini has been banned for four years by Italy's national anti-doping body.

Magnini, 100m freestyle world gold medallist in 2005 and 2007, also won Olympic 4x200m freestyle relay bronze at Athens in 2004.

The 36-year-old, who retired last year, had not tested positive and strongly denied he was guilty.

"There is no proof, it's a sentence that was already written," Italian news agency Ansa quoted him as saying.

He added: "We will certainly appeal. We're talking about picking on me, forcing the issue."

Anti-doping prosecutors had asked that an eight-year ban for actual or attempted doping be given to Magnini, who is one of Italy's most successful swimmers and once raced against two dolphins.

Magnini's former relay teammate Michele Santucci was also banned for four years, in a case linked to nutritionist Guido Porcellini, who was given a 30-year ban in July for anti-doping violations.

Original news release from NADO Italia http://www.nadoitalia.it/it/home-it/news/archivio-comunicati/12782-prima-sezione-filippo-magnini-tesserato-fin-squalificato-4-anni.html
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

09 Nov 2018 21:23

Years ago Magnini's ex Pellegrini slammed Carolina Kostner for being in a relationship with Schwazer and said "I could never be with a doper", oh the irony.
Of course it would have been sooo much better if she was caught, but that would probably mean that that creep Malagò, the president of the CONI (Italian OC) would be on suicide watch because one of his golden girls got busted.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

09 Nov 2018 23:30

But what the heck was "nutritionist" Guido Porcellini giving people to get a 30 year ban?

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Yesterday 22:14

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2018-11/wada-foundation-board-approves-wide-ranging-governance-reform
Bogota Laboratory

The ExCo revoked the accreditation of the Bogotá Laboratory in Colombia, based on the assessment of a Disciplinary Committee due to non-compliance with the International Standard for Laboratories (ISL) and its related Technical Documents. The Laboratory was initially suspended on 20 February 2017. Pursuant to Article 13.7 of the Code, the Laboratory may appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport within 21 days of its receipt of the decision.

User avatar Robert5091

Previous

Return to The Clinic