Register

Todays idiot masters fattie doper

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

26 Oct 2016 14:50

With amateur/non-pro riders, I think it should be a lifetime ban for a positive. You're not taking away their source of income and if they are so angry over a permanent ban, well, let 'em go pro!
nayr497

Re:

26 Oct 2016 15:07

nayr497 wrote:With amateur/non-pro riders, I think it should be a lifetime ban for a positive. You're not taking away their source of income and if they are so angry over a permanent ban, well, let 'em go pro!

Not a bad point, but on the other hand since there's zero tolerance the people that get busted for psudoephedrine/cough medicine or some other inadvertent minor ped shouldn't be punished for life for not paying attention too closely to the substances that go in their bodies, they're not pro's after all, it's not their job to make sure they know every single thing that they ingest. The punishment wouldn't fit the crime for some, for others it would but you can't lump them all together.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

27 Oct 2016 09:49

Amateur Cyclist, Ian Edmonds, Banned for Four Years
http://www.ukad.org.uk/news/article/amateur-cyclist-ian-edmonds-banned-for-four-years/

Imported steroids from India. Doesn't race. Refused to give sample.
User avatar Alex Simmons/RST

27 Oct 2016 14:08

That one is a little harsh in zero reduction.

If you have literally never raced, nor had any formal anti-doping training, surely there should be some grounds for a slight reduction based on the ignorance that you were (as a BCF member) liable for testing.
User avatar Catwhoorg

Re:

28 Oct 2016 10:25

Catwhoorg wrote:That one is a little harsh in zero reduction.

If you have literally never raced, nor had any formal anti-doping training, surely there should be some grounds for a slight reduction based on the ignorance that you were (as a BCF member) liable for testing.

In some ways it does seem harsh, but it more so highlights the leniency with which Pro athletes are treated when caught for similar offences.

Upon reflection, I've got no problem with a 4 year ban for an amateur athlete who's bought PEDs from the internet. It's not like there could be any use for them other than performance enhancement, even if he was only enhancing performance for gran fondos and Strava! He may not have realised that he was under the auspices of UKAD, but he surely knew he was enhancing performance artificially.

What I've got a problem with is the fact that Pros often receive reduced bans for similar offences...
Davesta

Re: Re:

28 Oct 2016 11:05

Davesta wrote:
What I've got a problem with is the fact that Pros often receive reduced bans for similar offences...

After education.
With all the resources available to them.

It is shockingly inconsistent.
User avatar Catwhoorg

28 Oct 2016 13:19

Catwhoorg wrote:
Davesta wrote:

After education.
With all the resources available to them.

It is shockingly inconsistent.

Very good point - I hadn't even considered the education & resources they have.

At least this Osborne fella might have some claim to ignorance. Compare that to, say, Lizzie Deignan (nee Armistead)...
Davesta

29 Oct 2016 17:22

And now especially that USADA has said they will allow a special TUE for use of Testosterone under circumstances, basically, as long as you don't ever top 10.

Of course, USADA and Tygart answer to nobody. So, exactly how many of these TUEs and special exceptions have they ever allowed? I bet it is ZERO!!!

Tygart isn't fit to wash my car, nonetheless run USADA and be involved with and work along USA Cycling.

They finally made a slight acknowledgement that Florida's Clean Ride program that was started a few years back was the inspiration for additional fees, and more testing.

But whatever, who cares about a bunch of amateurs doping. The top talented riders and up and coming young riders will still win and rise to the ranks and pro levels. That is just how it is. Especially Testosterone use by people. Everybody thinks it is some miracle drug that will make you a Pro Cat 1/2 racer in a month after a few injections. Ridiculous.

Let's put our time and effort into the Pro, top finishers for testing. Not some guy who barely finishes with the group.
zigmeister

Re:

29 Oct 2016 20:43

zigmeister wrote:And now especially that USADA has said they will allow a special TUE for use of Testosterone under circumstances, basically, as long as you don't ever top 10.

Of course, USADA and Tygart answer to nobody. So, exactly how many of these TUEs and special exceptions have they ever allowed? I bet it is ZERO!!!

Tygart isn't fit to wash my car, nonetheless run USADA and be involved with and work along USA Cycling.

They finally made a slight acknowledgement that Florida's Clean Ride program that was started a few years back was the inspiration for additional fees, and more testing.

But whatever, who cares about a bunch of amateurs doping. The top talented riders and up and coming young riders will still win and rise to the ranks and pro levels. That is just how it is. Especially Testosterone use by people. Everybody thinks it is some miracle drug that will make you a Pro Cat 1/2 racer in a month after a few injections. Ridiculous.

Let's put our time and effort into the Pro, top finishers for testing. Not some guy who barely finishes with the group.

haha, expect plenty of 11th places in prep minor races, esp. from future big race winners
doperhopper

04 Nov 2016 20:04

USADA announced today that Tim Root, of Boise, Idaho, an athlete in the sport of cycling, has received a four-year sanction for refusing to provide a urine sample to a doping control officer. Root was selected to submit a sample as a result of being among the top finishers in his event at the 2016 Anderson Banducci Twilight Criterium in Boise, Idaho.
Root, 49, refused to provide a sample upon being selected by a doping control officer during an in-competition test on July 16, 2016.

http://www.usada.org/tim-root-receives-doping-sanction/

07 Nov 2016 14:35

Would it be fair to say that had Root, above, tested positive in this instance he would have rec'd less of a ban than he ultimately got? I see another cyclist on the USADA website got a 4 year ban for a second violation.....
Norks74

09 Jun 2017 09:43

Seems that Kayle LeoGrande has finally earned his lifetime membership, although nothing up at USADA.
User avatar eporesis

Re:

09 Jun 2017 16:29

eporesis wrote:Seems that Kayle LeoGrande has finally earned his lifetime membership, although nothing up at USADA.

I tweeted about this, but haven't gotten confirmation of the positive or what it was for. Waiting to hear from a few journalist friends who've made inquiries, too.

https://twitter.com/joepabike/status/872949516219166721

Hmm, so we can't embed tweets w/ whatever this forum is built on?
User avatar joe_papp

09 Jun 2017 20:13

Tim O
Newly Registered Member

10 Jun 2017 00:28

joe_papp wrote:
eporesis wrote:Seems that Kayle LeoGrande has finally earned his lifetime membership, although nothing up at USADA.

I tweeted about this, but haven't gotten confirmation of the positive or what it was for. Waiting to hear from a few journalist friends who've made inquiries, too.

https://twitter.com/joepabike/status/872949516219166721

Hmm, so we can't embed tweets w/ whatever this forum is built on?

The original image was too big, but if you change it to "small" the image fits within the software limits.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

10 Jun 2017 14:10

From his FakeBook

Hello out there, I hope everyone is having an amazing Friday and feeling spritely awaiting the weekend. As cyclists, we have an agreement as racers, to be responsible for what we ingest and put in and on our bodies. There are a lot of banned substances we need to be mindful of. I know this, and I am fully aware of the rules and I respect them. However, I took a supplement the night before the 2017 Dana Point Grand Prix for personal reasons and not a PED to boost my performance on the bike in any way what so ever. I was unaware of its true ingredients and It came back positive for a banned substance.
I take 100% responsibility for my actions and choices. I accept the consequences for this and my disqualification, and
I am returning my winnings to the race promoters.
Having a past doping offense,
I acknowledge the impact and damage my actions caused my team, fellow cyclists, the race promoters and owners.
I feel badly about Losing their trust after all the time I spent building it up. I will miss all the fun I had racing with these great athletes and friends. I take the above actions in an effort to restore trust in me and my integrity as my word and for this sport I will always love.
I am in a happy place in my life and have lots to be grateful for! Most importantly, my children and my Fiancée! Cycling is and always will be a part of my life and lifestyle. Racing has been a major part of my life since I raced as a jr. At the age of 13. I hold my head high knowing I did my best as an athlete and I have the utmost respect for all I competed against.
"If there is anything you are incomplete about or need to say to me to be complete, please reach out to me directly" I am a reasonable human being, being approachable and have absolutely nothing to hide. Life is short, make it count and be happy :)
KLG
User avatar Jancouver

12 Jun 2017 03:22

This one seems to have slipped past:
https://www.usada.org/scot-harvey-accepts-doping-sanction/

May 3. 2017

USADA announced today that Scot Harvey, of Glendora, Calif., an athlete in the sport of cycling, has accepted a four-year sanction for an anti-doping rule violation related to his refusal to provide a sample.

Harvey, 47, refused to provide a sample as requested by a doping control officer during an out-of-competition test on March 20, 2017.

27 Jun 2017 17:40

capuldemetal

Re:

27 Jun 2017 20:43

capuldemetal wrote:http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/uci-statement-andre-cardoso/ tout of pharmacy has oficially begun

This is a thread about idiot masters...

Previous

Return to The Clinic