Register

Todays idiot masters fattie doper

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

29 Aug 2017 03:12

Scott SoCal wrote:LeoGrande... seems to be some contradictions. Still lying at his confession of all things.

There are a lot of banned substances we need to be mindful of. I know this, and I am fully aware of the rules and I respect them. However, I took a supplement the night before the 2017 Dana Point Grand Prix for personal reasons and not a PED to boost my performance on the bike in any way what so ever. I was unaware of its true ingredients and It came back positive for a banned substance.

Today in CN;

The US Anti-Doping Agency today announced that Kayle Leogrande has been banned for eight years after testing positive for seven different banned substances in a doping control taken at this year's Dana Point Grand Prix.

Leogrande, 40, was found positive for the anti-estrogen drug raloxifene, four Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (ostarine, RAD140, LGD4033 and andarine), ibutamoren (a growth hormone-like factor), and GW1516 sulfone (the 'exercise in a pill' drug).

I just can't even....

I know...

Words can't describe how stupid this guy is.....
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

29 Aug 2017 08:33

Clearly Leogrande is not your typical pro on a discreet program. I suspect being found positive for ... 7 ... substances is some kind of subliminal cry for help.

Interestingly a case like this is something of an argument for legalizing PEDs -- wouldn't it be better to supervise intake rather than just gobbling down/injecting/rubbing in anything you can get your hands on?
Bolder

29 Aug 2017 11:52

7 substances, 2nd offense and still only 8 years ?

That's a light ban compared to what it arguably should have been.
User avatar Catwhoorg

Re:

29 Aug 2017 13:03

Catwhoorg wrote:7 substances, 2nd offense and still only 8 years ?

That's a light ban compared to what it arguably should have been.

His continued lying about his "supplement" is what should have put him over the top for a lifetime ban.

I'm pretty sure that there's never been and never will be a supplement that uses "GW1516" as a hidden ingredient.

Maybe I'm wrong, what do I know.... :rolleyes:
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re:

30 Aug 2017 02:58

Bolder wrote:Clearly Leogrande is not your typical pro on a discreet program. I suspect being found positive for ... 7 ... substances is some kind of subliminal cry for help.

Interestingly a case like this is something of an argument for legalizing PEDs -- wouldn't it be better to supervise intake rather than just gobbling down/injecting/rubbing in anything you can get your hands on?

In this specific case, if this is an act of desperation then I would argue that legitimising and supervising his self-abuse would not be constructive to his long-term well-being.
pclemo
Newly Registered Member

Re:

30 Aug 2017 10:00

Bolder wrote:Clearly Leogrande is not your typical pro on a discreet program. I suspect being found positive for ... 7 ... substances is some kind of subliminal cry for help.

All that does is move the line in the sand. People will then simply step over the new line.
User avatar Alex Simmons/RST

Re:

30 Aug 2017 10:11

Bolder wrote:Interestingly a case like this is something of an argument for legalizing PEDs -- wouldn't it be better to supervise intake rather than just gobbling down/injecting/rubbing in anything you can get your hands on?
Do please explain the thinking here, in detail...
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re:

30 Aug 2017 11:28

How exactly will that make things better?
User avatar veganrob

Re:

30 Aug 2017 12:34

So you are suggesting something like stock, modified, and supermodified classes for bike racing?
jmdirt

Re: Re:

30 Aug 2017 13:00

veganrob wrote:

Then there surely must be a case for riding with motors as well. Maybe just limit motors to 200 watts?
Huapango

30 Aug 2017 15:08

Huapango wrote:
veganrob wrote:

Then there surely must be a case for riding with motors as well. Maybe just limit motors to 200 watts?

No rules cycling! You get to decide individually where you want to go. And how fast!

Sign me up!
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

30 Aug 2017 19:42

Rock Racing. I hadn't thought about that team in awhile:)
nayr497

Re:

30 Aug 2017 19:50

nayr497 wrote:Rock Racing. I hadn't thought about that team in awhile:)

For good reason, it's just a shame that we have to give them more ink all these years later.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

07 Sep 2017 16:52

USA NorCal rider busted for clomiphene. 6 months ban. Apparently he was using it as prescribed by his doc and "forgot" it would last in his system. There is no mention of why his doc was asking him to take it - strange drug.

https://www.usada.org/john-schiefer-accepts-doping-sanction/
TrackCynic

Re:

08 Sep 2017 05:50

TrackCynic wrote:USA NorCal rider busted for clomiphene. 6 months ban. Apparently he was using it as prescribed by his doc and "forgot" it would last in his system. There is no mention of why his doc was asking him to take it - strange drug.

https://www.usada.org/john-schiefer-accepts-doping-sanction/

The article mentions that the prescription was "completed", so it was probably for fertility. It's a common fertility drug for both men and women, although off label for men, and is generally only taken for short periods when that is the purpose.
proffate

Re: Todays idiot masters fattie doper

08 Sep 2017 08:00

There is a current theory in legitimate medicine that several compounds in smaller doses is more effective (and safer) than a large dose of one or two compounds.

As an example in pain control, traditionally a DR may have given a patient a large dose of morphine for severe pain and have to shoulder the consequences of accidental OD or other adverse reactions...the technique used more today is instead to give a much smaller dose of morphine with small doses of ibuprofen, aspirin, paracetamol, tramadol, gabapentin etc to cover a all the aspects of the pain without giving a large dose of any particular compound.

In doping terms it would be like things were in the 90s where athletes were taking huge doses of EPO (and subsequently dying) compared to how things are now (hopefully!), where there is more knowledge of the risks involved and the athlete uses smaller doses of multiple compounds to achieve a similar effect instead.

Of course if Leogrande is whacking high doses of all seven compounds into himself then he's going to do himself harm in the not too distant future.
deviant

10 Nov 2017 14:27

Wiggo's Package

10 Nov 2017 14:35

95th in a local 25 mile TT. FFS...who was it said the drugs don't work :lol: :lol: :lol:
brownbobby

Previous

Return to The Clinic