Register

Official "another interesting piece I found on Floyd Landis" Thread

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

30 Jul 2018 02:51

Nighttrain99

30 Jul 2018 07:50

Decent read that thanks.
User avatar MartinGT

30 Jul 2018 16:46

Great article, thanks for the heads up.
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk

01 Nov 2018 18:21

Floyd's got weed to sell, so he's got to have an opinion.

On WADA and the IOC:
"But the one thing to this day that really bothers me – and I think everyone sees it for what it really is – is that WADA pointed the finger at me as if I was the bad guy and they were the good guys. We know that WADA are paid for by the IOC, and there's nothing that anyone can do to change that, but the most upsetting point – and this especially applies to Travis Tygart – is that he likes to say that he's protecting clean athletes.

"He's holding me up and putting me on a pedestal and saying I'm an example of what you shouldn't be, and that the reason they're destroying my career is because they're protecting clean athletes, but where the **** was he when I was 20 years old? We weren't allowed to be the clean athletes that they were meant to be protecting. Nobody protected us. Nobody. He refuses to acknowledge that and, until they do, they're not going to get any respect from athletes."
On being "the disgraced former Tour winner":
"I don't know if it's because they hate me, but it's surprising to this day that respected publications still call me the 'disgraced cyclist'. Like they can't think of another **** name for me. It's bizarre," Landis says after checking his daughter is out of earshot.

"I've done a lot of things, and that's one of them, but that somehow became my title," he says as he reclines in his chair.

"I don't know how long that's going to stay my title, but if that's all they can think of, then they haven't been paying attention."
On Valverde:
"At the end of the day, it's not Valverde's fault. People should be angry – but at the people who are selling them the idea that drug tests are working and that they're cleaning it up. All of the evidence, other than what they're saying, points to the opposite. Valverde's just taking advantage of a system that's broken, and they refuse to fix it. They refuse.

"If they wanted to get the truth – and I said this to Travis the first time I met him – then you give everyone immunity and just find out what's going on. But they don't want to do that because it would bring down the entire Olympic system. If you find out from everyone how it works, then the whole thing collapses. They don't want that at any cost. Valverde isn't the problem. He won, so good for him, good job. People get worked up but, at the end of the day, they're getting mad at the wrong people."
And on and on and on he goes...
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re:

06 Nov 2018 17:25

fmk_RoI wrote:Floyd's got weed to sell, so he's got to have an opinion.

On WADA and the IOC:
"But the one thing to this day that really bothers me – and I think everyone sees it for what it really is – is that WADA pointed the finger at me as if I was the bad guy and they were the good guys. We know that WADA are paid for by the IOC, and there's nothing that anyone can do to change that, but the most upsetting point – and this especially applies to Travis Tygart – is that he likes to say that he's protecting clean athletes.

"He's holding me up and putting me on a pedestal and saying I'm an example of what you shouldn't be, and that the reason they're destroying my career is because they're protecting clean athletes, but where the **** was he when I was 20 years old? We weren't allowed to be the clean athletes that they were meant to be protecting. Nobody protected us. Nobody. He refuses to acknowledge that and, until they do, they're not going to get any respect from athletes."
On being "the disgraced former Tour winner":
"I don't know if it's because they hate me, but it's surprising to this day that respected publications still call me the 'disgraced cyclist'. Like they can't think of another **** name for me. It's bizarre," Landis says after checking his daughter is out of earshot.

"I've done a lot of things, and that's one of them, but that somehow became my title," he says as he reclines in his chair.

"I don't know how long that's going to stay my title, but if that's all they can think of, then they haven't been paying attention."
On Valverde:
"At the end of the day, it's not Valverde's fault. People should be angry – but at the people who are selling them the idea that drug tests are working and that they're cleaning it up. All of the evidence, other than what they're saying, points to the opposite. Valverde's just taking advantage of a system that's broken, and they refuse to fix it. They refuse.

"If they wanted to get the truth – and I said this to Travis the first time I met him – then you give everyone immunity and just find out what's going on. But they don't want to do that because it would bring down the entire Olympic system. If you find out from everyone how it works, then the whole thing collapses. They don't want that at any cost. Valverde isn't the problem. He won, so good for him, good job. People get worked up but, at the end of the day, they're getting mad at the wrong people."
And on and on and on he goes...

The immunize idea is brilliant. The corruption it would expose would be staggering. Anybody know whether Fraud paid back his victims?
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

Re: Re:

06 Nov 2018 17:30

MarkvW wrote:Anybody know whether Fraud paid back his victims?
It's in the article.
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re: Re:

08 Nov 2018 18:38

MarkvW wrote:The immunize idea is brilliant. The corruption it would expose would be staggering....

I wonder. I'm open to the idea that it's the way it is because the racers prefer it to whatever might follow. Or maybe it's a case of "Better the devil you know ...."
User avatar StyrbjornSterki

15 Dec 2018 14:22

User avatar fmk_RoI

Previous

Return to The Clinic