Register

Ricco

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

30 Dec 2017 17:38

Cobra is a legend, one of my favorite riders of all time. i always hoped he would make a comeback, i have no doubt he will return only to test positive after a few months. But man it will be worth it
User avatar markene2

Re:

31 Dec 2017 11:22

macbindle wrote:I'd never eat an ice cream from his parlour. Not with his hygiene record.

According to the Interview it happened because of bacteria that were inside the plastic bag that he used for the blood bag, he says that he had a separate freezer for blood bags and other doping related stuff ("I'm not that stupid"). He also stated that he never had any concerns for his health when he was still riding, he was only afraid of getting caught, that tells you a lot about him.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

31 Dec 2017 12:20

He is spectacularly dim...even by pro cyclist standards.
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

01 Jan 2018 17:44

Ricco racing again in pro peloton would greatly symbolize the retarded circles the whole sport is moving in again and again...
glassmoon

Re:

01 Jan 2018 18:26

markene2 wrote:Cobra is a legend, one of my favorite riders of all time. i always hoped he would make a comeback, i have no doubt he will return only to test positive after a few months. But man it will be worth it

Fully agree. The sport needs more Ricco’s, less Froomes.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re: Re:

01 Jan 2018 19:03

thehog wrote:
markene2 wrote:Cobra is a legend, one of my favorite riders of all time. i always hoped he would make a comeback, i have no doubt he will return only to test positive after a few months. But man it will be worth it

Amen. If it's gonna be a circus, let's at least have some clowns! A circus filled with accountants is... meh.

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

01 Jan 2018 19:17

thehog wrote:Fully agree. The sport needs more Ricco’s, less Froomes.

glassmoon wrote:Ricco racing again in pro peloton would greatly symbolize the retarded circles the whole sport is moving in again and again...

:confused:
pastronef

02 Jan 2018 04:02

ScienceIsCool wrote:
thehog wrote:

Amen. If it's gonna be a circus, let's at least have some clowns! A circus filled with accountants is... meh.

John Swanson

This^^^

1 million times this!

I wish that we could have seen what happened if Ricco was popped after the 2008 TDF... Sastre’s attack on AdH would have looked like a sprinter trying to make the time cut in comparison to what Ricco would have unleashed :sad:
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

02 Jan 2018 15:17

Ricco is really one of those cases where someone (UCI) should just go "Okay! Enough is enough! You've had your second chance, you're out!"
Otoh, I'm really looking forward to seeing him try to find a team? I don't think there are that many teams who'd sign a 40-year-old repeat-offence doper...
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

02 Jan 2018 15:24

RedheadDane wrote:Ricco is really one of those cases where someone (UCI) should just go "Okay! Enough is enough! You've had your second chance, you're out!"
Otoh, I'm really looking forward to seeing him try to find a team? I don't think there are that many teams who'd sign a 40-year-old repeat-offence doper...

I think they kinda thought they'd done that when they handed him a 12 year ban.

They obviously didn't account for his sheer stupidity and never envisaged that he'd start talking about a comeback at the age of 40 :lol:
brownbobby

02 Jan 2018 15:35

42x16ss wrote:
ScienceIsCool wrote:
thehog wrote:

John Swanson

This^^^

1 million times this!

I wish that we could have seen what happened if Ricco was popped after the 2008 TDF... Sastre’s attack on AdH would have looked like a sprinter trying to make the time cut in comparison to what Ricco would have unleashed :sad:

Needed Ricco to never be suspended. Imagine the Cobra single handidly taking on the Sky train! Froome’s seated attacks would be nothing against the Cobra out of the saddle on the drops!
User avatar thehog
Veteran

02 Jan 2018 15:40

brownbobby wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Ricco is really one of those cases where someone (UCI) should just go "Okay! Enough is enough! You've had your second chance, you're out!"

I think they kinda thought they'd done that when they handed him a 12 year ban.

They obviously didn't account for his sheer stupidity and never envisaged that he'd start talking about a comeback at the age of 40 :lol:

Yeah, guess so. "Hmm... they'll probably be people saying lifetime is too harsh. 12 years! No way he'll attempt to come back then!"
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

02 Jan 2018 20:05

http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/27-12-2017/ricco-io-appestato-faccio-gelati-passione-ma-bici-torno-240508943128.shtml

Tells us that Ricco runs an ice cream shop Choco Loco a El Palmar in Tenerife.
(What a coincidence!)

Let me translate a few bits:

Valverde is like vinegar the older he gets the stronger he gets.
I like Aru.
Sagan is great for cycling.
Nibali is the best we have.
(NO MENTION OF FROOME :confused: )

Using a motor is another thing - I've never tried using one. It would make me feel 'merda'.

His wife later comments:
This tranquil Riccardo you see now is a false impression - he's a sleeping vulcano!
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

03 Jan 2018 09:49

Ricco needed a Doctor Frankenstein.........not Frankenstein......Frankensteen........he still would have run amok at the finish, trashed the Salbutamol chamber, burned the blood bank to the ground........last seen riding a mountain bike through the Black Forest so fast that he was causing brush fires..........
movingtarget
Veteran

03 Jan 2018 15:52

thehog wrote:Needed Ricco to never be suspended. Imagine the Cobra single handidly taking on the Sky train! Froome’s seated attacks would be nothing against the Cobra out of the saddle on the drops!

Ricco was more believable looking than Froome
“She lost the old-fashioned way, by being a terrible candidate. Case closed.”
Beech Mtn

Previous

Return to The Clinic