Register

Dave Millar - anti doping hero

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

13 Oct 2015 22:25

The Hitch wrote:Its a refference to a popular children's book.

Basically means Armstrong

thanks
and it takes less time to type Armstrong than HWMNBN :D
pastronef

14 Oct 2015 16:45

I don't want to point out the obvious, but I haven't heard any mention from St David of Millar of Danielson's pozzy.
User avatar wendybnt

15 Oct 2015 02:11

pastronef wrote:
The Hitch wrote:Its a refference to a popular children's book.

Basically means Armstrong

thanks
and it takes less time to type Armstrong than HWMNBN :D

I always feel that L****e gets plenty of press as it is, so I enjoy not typing his name.....
arthurvandelay

24 Oct 2015 21:24

lovely description of Millar

The Clear ‏@vayerism 6 hours ago

Millar is the herpes of pro cycling. Turns up everywhere, is never wanted, and a ball ache to get rid of.

:)
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

24 Oct 2015 21:50

Benotti69 wrote:lovely description of Millar

Millar is the herpes of pro cycling. Turns up everywhere, is never wanted, and a ball ache to get rid of.

:)

No it's not.
User avatar gooner

24 Oct 2015 22:10

Perspective comes into calling out other dopers as well.
User avatar gooner

24 Oct 2015 22:58

To in 2015 actually defend David Millar requires a total absence of anything resembling a moral code. The guy is as big a scumbag fraud and cheat as any this sport has ever seen.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

24 Oct 2015 23:31

As if I'm defending Millar.
User avatar gooner

Re:

25 Oct 2015 00:45

gooner wrote:As if I'm defending Millar.

You should know how the clinic works by now. Referring to Millar as anything less than the most evil human to ever walk on the planet is the same as defending him in this rancid place.
User avatar Bernie's eyesore

Re:

25 Oct 2015 01:53

If the clinic is so bad, "rancid" even, why don't you* just not visit? We waste time at a place full of idiots that no one reads anyway and you'd feel a lot better not reading?

*that's you plural because gooner had a shot at the clinic too in the post of his that was deleted by the mods.

Bernie's eyesore wrote:

You should know how the clinic works by now. Referring to Millar as anything less than the most evil human to ever walk on the planet is the same as defending him in this rancid place.

I don't see what's so outrageous about that. Millar combines into one all the worst qualities of dopers and athletes.

He has actually been caught doping so the usual fako "oh but they haven't been caught so there's a possibility they might be clean" schtick doesn't even apply.

He's like one of those mafia guys who get caught, rat on all their fellow gangsters to escape a prison sentence, then once they are in witness protection continue to behave as criminals.

As if you are not :rolleyes:

Logging in specifically to say "no its not" and level a few insults at the clinic, because someone reposted a joke tweet about Millar being like Herpes - annoying and unwanted, rather than just ignore the tweet?

You clearly were defending him. Felt strongly enough about the issue to attack a soon to be forgotten random tweet.

Not to mention the tweet didn't actually say anything untrue. If you don't think "Turns up everywhere, is never wanted, and a ball ache to get rid of" is an accurate description of david millar, then you don't pay much attention to cycling.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

25 Oct 2015 02:33

Bernie's eyesore wrote:

rancid is still better than herpes
User avatar the sceptic
Veteran

25 Oct 2015 07:57

Millar is an awful person and yes Bernie's eyesore he is.

One example - he slams landis for confessing - says he's not credible, tried to discredit it all - slams him for not doing it sooner - this from a guy who only half confessed when he got arrested...not to mention the fact that millar's former teammates were big beneficiaries of landis saying nothing for years. Millar forgot that these same teammates also didn't bother confessing - but that aside, millar then goes on to make money from a movie that never would have been made without landis' confession.
Millar slams the CIRC - but doesn't bother talking to it
Defends contador saying he's innocent
Millar's I only doped 3 times drivel
So yes Bernie, you tell me what redeeming qualities he has.
Digger

25 Oct 2015 08:24

Turned on this morning to see the hilarious replies to my post and The Hitch has to ask why I come to this place. Pure comedy gold.
User avatar Bernie's eyesore

25 Oct 2015 08:54

Bernie's eyesore wrote:

You criticise the clinicians, and you are one of them, as being OTT yet no one here used the term 'evil'.

If you find this place rancid why post? But then you say it is not rancid it is comedy.

Hypocrisy or are you a very confused person?
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

25 Oct 2015 10:44

Benotti69 wrote:

I don't know this dude vayerism's sources - or whether he has privileged information that gives weight to his view - but while some would agree with his opinion it's pretty obvious many don't. Within the sport - the peloton, the staff, the wider industry - Millar has his fans. Looking at the way both of his books have been received outside the peloton, he clearly has a lot of fans, both in the UK and international media (there's been hardly any negative comment on his books let alone of him) and among cycling fans (who buy them and praise them). And that they turn up to hear him promote these books, well that hardly supports the claim that he's never wanted where he turns up, now does it?

I may not be among his fans but that does not mean I can pretend they don't exist. I disagree with them but won't deny them.
User avatar fmk_RoI

25 Oct 2015 11:39

fmk_RoI wrote:
I don't know this dude vayerism's sources - or whether he has privileged information that gives weight to his view - but while some would agree with his opinion it's pretty obvious many don't. Within the sport - the peloton, the staff, the wider industry - Millar has his fans. Looking at the way both of his books have been received outside the peloton, he clearly has a lot of fans, both in the UK and international media (there's been hardly any negative comment on his books let alone of him) and among cycling fans (who buy them and praise them). And that they turn up to hear him promote these books, well that hardly supports the claim that he's never wanted where he turns up, now does it?

I may not be among his fans but that does not mean I can pretend they don't exist. I disagree with them but won't deny them.

Millar's fans are more of the same herpes. Contagious apparently.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

25 Oct 2015 11:44

Millar has his fans like John Gotti had his fans. The fact that there's derranged people out there attracted to criminal behaviour doesn't legitimize it.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

Re:

25 Oct 2015 11:47

Digger wrote:Millar is an awful person and yes Bernie's eyesore he is.

One example - he slams landis for confessing - says he's not credible, tried to discredit it all - slams him for not doing it sooner - this from a guy who only half confessed when he got arrested...not to mention the fact that millar's former teammates were big beneficiaries of landis saying nothing for years. Millar forgot that these same teammates also didn't bother confessing - but that aside, millar then goes on to make money from a movie that never would have been made without landis' confession.
Millar slams the CIRC - but doesn't bother talking to it
Defends contador saying he's innocent
Millar's I only doped 3 times drivel
So yes Bernie, you tell me what redeeming qualities he has.

Millar didn't just defend Contador. He said that only clean riders can dominate gt's in that way.

Lets join the bbc in backing Millar for UCI Pres.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

25 Oct 2015 13:59

Well most are whinging is this thread, Millar is a crock and that really shouldn't be of doubt but some do play it up a fair bit and this thread does show that. I don't get why people pay attention to Millar
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells

25 Oct 2015 14:16

Is this the same David Miller who stood up to lance Armstrong, the same David Miller who admits his mistakes and is not afraid to share with us his past experience helping us understand the messed up world of pro cycling. Is this the same David Miller to whom antidoping is so important that after his most important victory post ban pledge his innocence and delivered a powerful message, instead of the likes of valverde or vino who just shrug off the past. Yes what a truly horrible person.
Ramon Koran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic