Log in:  

Register

Dave Millar - anti doping hero

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

25 Oct 2015 18:07

Fran may have gotten a promotion at Sky, no longer head of winning behaviours :D

Image
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran
 
Posts: 12,232
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

Re:

25 Oct 2015 18:08

mrhender wrote:But people do buy his books.


If we can accept this to be true can we then accept that the Tweet which started this is factually inaccurate when it says Millar "is never wanted" wherever he turns up?
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,769
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Re:

25 Oct 2015 19:09

blackcat wrote:hence then popularity of the thread, its up there with one of the most popular, with the JV, Armstrong, Froome, Sky threads...


521 replies, 55,564 views in four years. Not even top 10 of recently active threads in the Clinic. But hey, don't ever let facts get in the way, just say the first thing that comes into your head and trust that no one will question it, because even if it's wrong, it speaks to a deeper truth and so is itself true.
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,769
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Re:

25 Oct 2015 19:43

blackcat wrote:
Ramon Koran wrote:
The Hitch wrote:
Ramon Koran wrote:Is this the same David Miller who stood up to lance Armstrong

Is "no lying" one of the rules here on CN forum?

Nevermind, just looked and saw that "no trolling" is one of the rules, so result should be the same.

Read his autobiography, even before Armstrong was busted he clear stands up to him and talks about "lances dark side". So in no way shape or form am I lying nor am I trolling. So please stop the false accusations.


when was his autobiography released?

is it in the fiction or non-fiction aisle of the library or the bookstore, or what classification will I find it under at amazon?

come on, we dont believe these people's tales, they all conspire and interact with deceit on a daily basis, they would not know the truth if it smacked them over the face

I'm talking about his firs autobiography "racing through the dark" relesed on 16 Jun 2011, well over a year before Armstrong was exposed as who he is Miller was already giving strong hints about what he was, calling out his "darker side". Say what you want about the man to say that about the man at the peak of his powers and who could have harmed Miller greatly took guts and for that alone the man has to be respected. Then on top of that you have all the other things he has done that I listed. He may not be a Saint, he may even not be an anti doping hero, but one thing's for sure he isn't the evil man he is potrayed by the people on this forum sat confurtably behind their computers, without getting out of their comfort zone.
Ramon Koran
Member
 
Posts: 417
Joined: 04 Jul 2015 19:32

25 Oct 2015 19:58

You mean one year before Armstrong was formally suspended. By 2011, lots of stuff about Armstrong had come out. Millar switched horses before some others, but that was hardly going against the grain at that point. Some timid criticism of a vague "darker side", conveniently just before Armstrong was toppled officially, just doesn't cut it.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran
 
Posts: 15,710
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

Re: Re:

25 Oct 2015 22:14

blackcat wrote:
bobbins wrote:Stood up to Armstrong??? I don't think so. You mean tossed his salad as long as he could and then turned on him when he could make a quick buck out of him. He's as dirty as the next pro bike rider but more full of sh1t and weasel words.


like Wiggins... what was Wiggins words on Lance? "I luv him". "He has done so much for cycling"...

scoundrels


well, Wiggo was a precursor :p looks like Lance is gaining back some fans these days :D ain't it?
he never loved the Andreu's
he loved Lance
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,324
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Re:

26 Oct 2015 03:05

fmk_RoI wrote:
mrhender wrote:But people do buy his books.


If we can accept this to be true can we then accept that the Tweet which started this is factually inaccurate when it says Millar "is never wanted" wherever he turns up?


can see it now;
person lifts his book off the shelf in a store, then 'pooof' and out of the smoke comes millar... "Hi, I see you want to buy my book..."
or maybe taking his book off the shelf activates a big 'DM' in the sky for him to follow, just like Batman...

I'm off to a book store now to try this...
User avatar Archibald
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,767
Joined: 15 Jun 2009 17:03

Re:

26 Oct 2015 08:57

blackcat wrote:Fran may have gotten a promotion at Sky, no longer head of winning behaviours :D

Image


http://www.teamsky.com/teamsky/staff/article/17368#FCbAl4rziS1C9IoR.97
bobbins
Member
 
Posts: 1,024
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 08:11
Location: Spain

Re: Re:

26 Oct 2015 16:26



but that came before my pic i think, or did my pic come after, was winning behaviours a promotion, or head of business operations the promotion after FM's success at winning behaviours.

Soon they will have Cath Wiggins employed as Chief of Marginal Gains.

Sky's end of season wrap party is around Eric Blair's tomb
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran
 
Posts: 12,232
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

Re: Dave Millar - anti doping hero

29 Oct 2015 09:25

on Twitter

**** the hypocrisy ‏@Digger_forum 12h12 hours ago

David Millar is in the list of 'champions' along with rob hayles - why not Jon Tiernan Locke?


Good one !!
User avatar Cycle Chic
Member
 
Posts: 1,815
Joined: 26 Sep 2009 18:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dave Millar - anti doping hero

12 Nov 2015 02:00

OK, I'll bump this

Millar launches cycling tours with Velocamps

David Millar will host a new trio of cycling tours in 2016, to be run in conjunction with tour operator Velocamps. The former pro will help lead tours in Spain, France and Italy - specifically Catalonia, the Côte d’Azur and the Lombardy region.

The premium trips will have challenging routes and full service, with mechanics, guides well versed in the local region and high quality hotels and meals.

“It’s fantastic to have David on board and exciting to launch this new partnership which combines great cycling and the chance to spend time with one of the peloton’s most colourful characters," James Pybus from Velocamps said. "David is well known to cycling fans having had a long and successful racing career, written a best selling book and a now respected TV pundit. Cycling alongside him on iconic and picturesque roads, and picking his brains over dinner is something any cycling fan will love."


Image
User avatar Jacques de Molay
Member
 
Posts: 306
Joined: 10 Oct 2015 21:17

Re: Dave Millar - anti doping hero

12 Nov 2015 02:39

And this...
The Cyclingnews Podcast: A conversation with David Millar
'I was absolutely bamboozled by the news of Tom Danielson's poistive'

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/the-cyclingnews-podcast-a-conversation-with-david-millar/

With only the slightest bit of imagination, one can fill in the entirety of this "in-depth interview."

The Danielson bit starts @20:00 but there's nothing there. He offers zero defense of TD, and doesn't even bother pretending that TD might be clean, but meanders around the topic without offering anything substantial. Much like the rest of the interview.

Oh, and Froome, Wiggo and Ryder are clean. (@28:20)

So there.
User avatar Jacques de Molay
Member
 
Posts: 306
Joined: 10 Oct 2015 21:17

Re: Dave Millar - anti doping hero

12 Nov 2015 02:58



new avatar
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran
 
Posts: 12,232
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

Re: Dave Millar - anti doping hero

12 Nov 2015 03:03

Jacques de Molay wrote:And this...
The Cyclingnews Podcast: A conversation with David Millar
'I was absolutely bamboozled by the news of Tom Danielson's poistive'

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/the-cyclingnews-podcast-a-conversation-with-david-millar/

With only the slightest bit of imagination, one can fill in the entirety of this "in-depth interview."

The Danielson bit starts @20:00 but there's nothing there. He offers zero defense of TD, and doesn't even bother pretending that TD might be clean, but meanders around the topic without offering anything substantial. Much like the rest of the interview.

Oh, and Froome, Wiggo and Ryder are clean. (@28:20)

So there.


he was horrified at Vino's positive too in about 2005 when he was coming back with Saunier Duval. This was before he sold out Saunier Duval as a latino bunch of cycling keith richards
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran
 
Posts: 12,232
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

12 Nov 2015 03:06

and if that is one of his wet weather tops he is making with Castelli, i wont be buying his **** cycling gear n alliterations
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran
 
Posts: 12,232
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

Re: Dave Millar - anti doping hero

12 Nov 2015 03:13

Cycle Chic wrote:on Twitter

**** the hypocrisy ‏@Digger_forum 12h12 hours ago

David Millar is in the list of 'champions' along with rob hayles - why not Jon Tiernan Locke?


Good one !!


he wants to look like a stupid british band lead singer hipster bohemian drug-taker... like Paul Weller too and SBW sir brad wigans...

well, Millar has a few ticks, drug-taker, yep, tick, hipster (try hard consumer hipster) tick, yep, singer? nope, bohemian? well, he did his memoirs lol.

Image
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran
 
Posts: 12,232
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

06 Jan 2016 18:10

BBC Radio 4 PM program had a humungous interview with St David the self proclaimed World's greatest anti-doping campaigner. You can catch it on the iplayer - last 12 minutes or so of the program.

A warning, play calming music and get into a very good place before you start to listen to it, for health reasons, initial blood pressure of the listener needs to be as low as possible. I don't need to write anything here. It is like he was reading a script that was designed to hit every button in the clinic, selective recall, twisted facts, cycling now at the "vanguard" of clean sports, St David being asked by the IAAF how to clean up their act.

However, in terms of providing an explanation of how administrators at UK Sport and UK anti-doping bought into the Sky/BC story that you can thrash dirty johnny foreigner clean, it opens up an interesting window. Millar and the construction of the image around him is very much a part of why sane people let their guard down and the story was able to gain traction.

I recommend you listen to it. It gives the informed listener much material to think about.
Last edited by Freddythefrog on 26 Jun 2016 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
Freddythefrog
Member
 
Posts: 697
Joined: 10 Jul 2010 06:50

Re:

06 Jan 2016 18:49

Freddythefrog wrote:BBC Radio 4 PM program had a humungous interview with St David the self proclaimed World's greatest anti-doping campaigner. You can catch it on the iplayer - last 12 minutes or so of the program.

A warning, play calming music and get into a very good place before you start to listen to it, for health reasons, initial blood pressure of the listener needs to be as low as possible. I don't need to write anything here. It is like he was reading a script that was designed to hit every button in the clinic, selective recall, twisted facts, cycling now at the "vanguard" of clean sports, St David being asked by the IAAF how to clean up their act.

However, in terms of providing an explanation of how administrators at UK Sport and UK anti-doping bought into the Sky/BC story that you can thrash dirty johnny foreigner clean, it opens up an interesting window. Millar and the construction of the image around him is very much a part of why sane people let their guard down and the story was able to gain traction of how "Brad came out of the boozer one day and said, you know what, If I train and eat right, I can lose weight, .retain power and beat all those dopers - let's give it a go".

I recommend you listen to it. It gives the informed listener much material to think about.

what was the name of the programme? Or better if you have the url.
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,685
Joined: 16 Feb 2010 14:25
Location: Sardinia

06 Jan 2016 19:05

Freddythefrog
Member
 
Posts: 697
Joined: 10 Jul 2010 06:50

Re: Dave Millar - anti doping hero

06 Jan 2016 21:49

Only just saw this today on a similar but slightly unrelated Saint David matter...


The DAVID MILLAR PROJECT is the company’s lead project and the first to go into production. Having completed our Seed investment round, we are now open for EIS investments.

“The genre with the biggest box office ROI was actually documentary, with domestic box office returns averaging 12 times the original production budget, and global returns at nearly 27 times the original budget.

INVESTOR BENEFITS
Benefits include exclusive updates during the shoot, an invitation to an exclusive preview screening of the film, tickets to the premiere, a special ride with David, and for higher levels of investment, film credits as Associate or Executive Producer.



http://www.davidmillarfilm.com/invest

Maybe David needs to speak to David Walsh? And also plumb the money that he was paid for the bomb that was The Program into his own film, LOL! :)
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,480
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: roundabout and 12 guests

Back to top