Log in:  

Register

Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?)

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

03 Jan 2015 23:15

the sceptic wrote:It's not a short distance. If you could climb the last 6 km of ventoux faster than Lance while chatting on the radio I don't think you would be clean either Mark. Sorry.


The last 15km will keep you entertained.

Lots of tailwinds going on.

MONT VENTOUX (last 15.65 km [from St. Esteve], 8.74 %, 1368 m)

----TOP 50 LIST

-1. Lance Armstrong ______ USA | 48:33 | 2002
-2. Chris Froome _________ GBR | 48:35 | 2013
-3. Andy Schleck _________ LUX | 48.57 | 2009
-4. Alberto Contador _____ ESP | 48:57 | 2009
-5. Lance Armstrong ______ USA | 49:00 | 2009
-6. Marco Pantani ________ ITA | 49:01 | 2000
-7. Lance Armstrong ______ USA | 49:01 | 2000
-8. Frank Schleck ________ LUX | 49:02 | 2009
-9. Nairo Quintana _______ COL | 49:04 | 2013
10. Roman Kreuziger ______ CZE | 49:05 | 2009
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,592
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

03 Jan 2015 23:17

burning wrote:I am really sick of tailwind stories. Whenever dawg crushes people, there is always a hurricane aiding him while other riders don't seem to profit from these hurricanes. :rolleyes:


Brailsford explains it: ;)

Planned performance, Ventoux recce


Sir Dave Brailsford picked up the baton shortly afterwards.

“We planned that performance for quite some time,” he aid. “Chris has been out to Ventoux to recce the climb, thought very carefully about how to ride it, how to ride as a team. And when you see that performance unfolding in front of you exactly as had been planned for some time, and Chris rode so fantastically at the end to win the stage, it was quite an emotional thing to watch.

“And the first thing that crosses my mind, having jumped in the air and punched the air, is not: right, that’s my five minutes of joy gone, let’s get on to the doping questions. Which happens everyday.”

“You’re asking me, how can I prove to you that we are not doping? You’re all asking the same questions. We wrack our brains every day.”
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,592
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

03 Jan 2015 23:57

I think what you have to take in to consideration when looking at Froome's times is that they are very fast and I remember him showing this sort potential when he came 84th in his grand tour debut and then 36th in the Giro and I remember him finishing over 2 minutes down to David Millar at the CW Games. The potential was there to see:D:D:D
ray j willings
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,645
Joined: 04 Aug 2011 18:15

Re:

01 Oct 2017 15:10

thehog wrote:
burning wrote:I am really sick of tailwind stories. Whenever dawg crushes people, there is always a hurricane aiding him while other riders don't seem to profit from these hurricanes. :rolleyes:


Brailsford explains it: ;)

Planned performance, Ventoux recce


Sir Dave Brailsford picked up the baton shortly afterwards.

“We planned that performance for quite some time,” he aid. “Chris has been out to Ventoux to recce the climb, thought very carefully about how to ride it, how to ride as a team. And when you see that performance unfolding in front of you exactly as had been planned for some time, and Chris rode so fantastically at the end to win the stage, it was quite an emotional thing to watch.

“And the first thing that crosses my mind, having jumped in the air and punched the air, is not: right, that’s my five minutes of joy gone, let’s get on to the doping questions. Which happens everyday.”

“You’re asking me, how can I prove to you that we are not doping? You’re all asking the same questions. We wrack our brains every day.



Yes, we just wrack our brains all day :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,592
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

01 Oct 2017 18:07

Gee if you are bumping a thread from 33 months ago with no new information it reeks of obsession.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,388
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

Re:

02 Oct 2017 05:52

yaco wrote:Gee if you are bumping a thread from 33 months ago with no new information it reeks of obsession.


;) nah, there were too few sky-related thread on the 1st page, so he added one
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,984
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re:

02 Oct 2017 07:04

yaco wrote:Gee if you are bumping a thread from 33 months ago with no new information it reeks of obsession.

Same if you make meta comments like this about every new post no?
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,786
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

02 Oct 2017 08:57

Moderator comment:

Stop the sly (and not so sly) digs at each other please.

There was no need for this thread to be brought back up based on the post that did. We take a dim view of this kind of thing. Please only drag up old threads for something relevant.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator
 
Posts: 6,613
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

Re:

02 Oct 2017 09:22

King Boonen wrote:Moderator comment:

Stop the sly (and not so sly) digs at each other please.

There was no need for this thread to be brought back up based on the post that did. We take a dim view of this kind of thing. Please only drag up old threads for something relevant.


:) thanks
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,984
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?)

12 Jan 2018 19:34

From Dan Roan on Twitter, just released:

REVEALED: UKAD claimed its ‘jiffy-bag’ investigation had been “hindered” and may have even been “potentially compromised" by British Cycling’s failure to report doping allegations sooner in highly critical letter sent after UKAD halted its inquiry. Details below;


Image

Image
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,592
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

12 Jan 2018 20:12

That wonderful attention to every little detail.
User avatar Catwhoorg
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,959
Joined: 24 Aug 2011 11:00
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?)

12 Jan 2018 20:14

thehog wrote:From Dan Roan on Twitter, just released:

REVEALED: UKAD claimed its ‘jiffy-bag’ investigation had been “hindered” and may have even been “potentially compromised" by British Cycling’s failure to report doping allegations sooner in highly critical letter sent after UKAD halted its inquiry. Details below;


Image

Image


Unf*****belivable to think that these guys are still employed, knighted, dominating international cycling and generally walking around free.

This is so bad on so many levels that I won't bother to write about it, too much disgusting work. One thing though, if you want to load your men with tons of kenacort and testo obviously you don't want to keep any records. I suspect they were so dumb that they kept some and then they had to nuke all to get rid of them. And of course toss Geert Freeman's laptop in the Aegean Sea.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,122
Joined: 11 May 2013 10:59

12 Jan 2018 20:59

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/cycling/42668551?

Says BC: "We continue to partner and support Ukad in the important work it conducts to keep sport clean(s)”.
User avatar meat puppet
Member
 
Posts: 1,874
Joined: 29 May 2011 06:57

Re:

12 Jan 2018 21:30

meat puppet wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/cycling/42668551?

Says BC: "We continue to partner and support Ukad in the important work it conducts to keep sport clean(s)”.



Translation: “F*** you, we’ll how we want and when we want but thank-you for the partnership”.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,592
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?)

13 Jan 2018 12:00

Rollthedice wrote:
thehog wrote:From Dan Roan on Twitter, just released:

REVEALED: UKAD claimed its ‘jiffy-bag’ investigation had been “hindered” and may have even been “potentially compromised" by British Cycling’s failure to report doping allegations sooner in highly critical letter sent after UKAD halted its inquiry. Details below;


Image

Image


Unf*****belivable to think that these guys are still employed, knighted, dominating international cycling and generally walking around free.

This is so bad on so many levels that I won't bother to write about it, too much disgusting work. One thing though, if you want to load your men with tons of kenacort and testo obviously you don't want to keep any records. I suspect they were so dumb that they kept some and then they had to nuke all to get rid of them. And of course toss Geert Freeman's laptop in the Aegean Sea.


UK Sport should have been fully aware of the situation regarding medical record-keeping at British Cycling as described by UKAD in the leaked letter, now in the public domain, since appropriate and evidence-based medical support was (and is) a requirement of funding. If BC has been treated just like any other NGB, UK Sport’s ‘head of performance’ and their team of ‘performance advisors’ will have evaluated this as part of their continual assessment and monitoring of British Cycling’s World Class Programme.

In the relevant assessment and monitoring document section dealing with sports medicine support, you are asked to provide evidence that:
“Appropriate documentation and processes are in place to maintain necessary privacy/confidentiality compliance”

In the section dealing with injury and illness you are asked to provide evidence that:
“Medical records are effectively managed and where necessary comply with IF requirements”

This is from the section dealing with anti-doping:

• "Athletes understand the principle of strict liability
• Athletes and staff receive regular training to ensure their knowledge of anti-doping procedures, including whereabouts, is up-to-date
• Knowledge of the risks associated with supplement use is universal
• There is a dominant belief in your WCP that its goals are achievable without infringing the world anti-doping code
• Staff are skilled at counselling vulnerable athletes and are able to spot high risk behaviour”

Of additional relevance to the ‘bullying culture’ now identified not only in cycling, but also in recent or on-going investigations within swimming, gymnastics, canoeing, equestrian, rowing, bobsled, etc., etc., there is an extensive section dealing with ‘The Mood in the Camp’. Here’s a key exemplar:
“Wherever your WCP operates (office, training venues, training camps, competitions) it creates a dynamic, support environment conducive to the pursuit of excellence”

And another:
“Issues and concerns are discussed in an open and supportive manner that also respects the need for confidentiality”

And these:
“Athletes and staff are asked their views of the WCP on a regular basis”
“You have a range of methods by which perceptions can be expressed: surveys, 360-feedback, appraisals, event de-briefs, open meetings, etc.”

Returning to where this post began and the issue of medical record keeping, UK Sport currently appears to reject FOI requests relating to the allocation of funding and the assessment and monitoring of a sport’s WCP. An investigative journalist might like to look into this, asking whether the apparent ‘medals at all costs’ approach taken by UK Sport includes being 'not sufficiently inquisitive', effectively turning a blind eye to medical practices and procedures that, in unscrupulous and unethical hands, would enable, facilitate and support doping. Whilst there is no suggestion or implication of wrong-doing, If you don’t keep records, and UK Sport has perhaps never questioned this, who really knows what’s going on?
tiredoldmaninthegym
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 Nov 2017 09:53

Re:

13 Jan 2018 15:51

TeamSkyFans wrote:I expected Chris to top ten in the time trial, and be comfortably inside the top ten on the overall after today (which i said yesterday). My feeling was we would see Martin, Cancellara as the top two, then Wiggins, with Chris pushing Brad close but not beating him.

Chris's time trialling ability is underrated.

But, Chris's big problem has been maintaining that consistency and form over long periods, ie. more than a week. Hes been brads domestique for week 1, I think he will drop back now and Lofkvist will step up to be the support guy for Brad for Week 2. think its very likely that Froome has put in everything he could into week 1, with the plan of Lofkvist and Zandio being the domestiques for the latter stages of the race.


Man it’s funny reading this stuff from the 2011 Vuelta! :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,592
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re:

13 Jan 2018 15:53

TeamSkyFans wrote:remember as well, that Froome is riding to try and get himself a contract for next season. As it stands he does not have a team for 2012.


:lol:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,592
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

13 Jan 2018 19:25

thehog wrote:
TeamSkyFans wrote:remember as well, that Froome is riding to try and get himself a contract for next season. As it stands he does not have a team for 2012.


:lol:

And then he and Brailsford woke up one morning and decided "We might as well lose the fat".

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool
Member
 
Posts: 1,554
Joined: 05 Jul 2009 15:34

Re: Re:

13 Jan 2018 23:22

ScienceIsCool wrote:
thehog wrote:
TeamSkyFans wrote:remember as well, that Froome is riding to try and get himself a contract for next season. As it stands he does not have a team for 2012.


:lol:

And then he and Brailsford woke up one morning and decided "We might as well lose the fat".

John Swanson


Then was thanked by UKAD for his cooperation :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,592
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

13 Jan 2018 23:49

thehog wrote:
ScienceIsCool wrote:
thehog wrote:
TeamSkyFans wrote:remember as well, that Froome is riding to try and get himself a contract for next season. As it stands he does not have a team for 2012.


:lol:

And then he and Brailsford woke up one morning and decided "We might as well lose the fat".

John Swanson


Then was thanked by UKAD for his cooperation :cool:


And Brian Cookson who was running the "chaotic" and "disorganized" BC shop at the time.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,122
Joined: 11 May 2013 10:59

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 19 guests

Back to top