Register

Richard Pound, calls FIFA corrupt.

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

08 Oct 2011 18:15

The German side that won in 54 was on drugs as well. Add in they bribed the officials, who didn't allow a valid on-side goal, and you have some advantage against the other team
sherer

08 Oct 2011 19:49

Poursuivant wrote:The sooner Blatter and his cronies are chased out of town the better.

FIFA boss Sepp Blatter had a weird idiosyncrasy.

As per his profile on Wikipedia:

"In the early 1970s, Blatter was elected president of the World Society of Friends of Suspenders, an organization which tried to stop women replacing suspender belts with pantyhose."

At best he had a vested interest in the suspender belt industry. At worst ...... :)
Velodude

08 Oct 2011 21:52

The worst thing about England not getting the WC in 2018, is the media blaming the likes of the BBC for exposing the corruption. Ian Wright said the BBC were to blame.

How exactly? You clown.
User avatar Poursuivant

08 Oct 2011 22:00

The sun is warm.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

Re: Richard Pound, calls FIFA corrupt.

24 Jun 2018 05:12

FIFA and World Cup hosts Russia are plunged into fresh doping turmoil, as The Mail on Sunday reveal new evidence of state-sponsored doping and cover-ups the world governing body have buried.

The incredible details include new information about how Russia’s Sports Ministry covered up the positive test of one of the players initially named in their World Cup squad and then swapped his tainted urine for a clean sample.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-5878241/FIFA-knew-cover-Russia-players-positive-drug-test-18-months-ago.html

Kambolov, according to the Mail investigation, failed a drug test in 2015. Two weeks later, his urine sample was swapped out for a clean one, and he was never punished. The Mail details the scheme in depth, citing various documents and other evidence.

FIFA did not know of Kombalov’s failed test at the time. But it was handed all that evidence in December 2016. It was all included in Part II of the McLaren Report, an independent investigation, commissioned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), into Russia’s state-sponsored scheme. It’s the same report that was behind Russia’s 2018 Olympic ban.

Richard McLaren, the author of the report, met with FIFA in 2017 to further detail the evidence. And, he told the Mail, “Since then, I’ve heard nothing. I don’t know why they haven’t acted.”

The Mail also put 12 specific questions to FIFA before dropping its report. FIFA answered zero of them...Russia’s soccer federation, its sports ministry, and Vitaly Mutko – the former Russian minister of sport who has been deeply involved in soccer, and who was banned for life by the International Olympic Committee for his complicity in the doping scheme – also declined comment to the Mail.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fifa-knew-russian-soccer-doping-nothing-new-investigation-finds-025558754.html
Merckx index

Re: Richard Pound, calls FIFA corrupt.

24 Jun 2018 06:08

Russians turning into world beaters, Chris Horner back - the circus rolls on :)
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Previous

Return to The Clinic