Register

So ... BMC

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

21 Mar 2012 18:32

The Hitch wrote:Who was the 1 who stayed on? Very impressive to do so in that scenario.

T-Mobile Team (TMO)

181 Alexandre Vinokourov - DNS Etapa 18
(Vino was team leader and was among the many T-Mobilers that lost 17 minutes on Stage 5, finishing almost last, then another 13 the next day. He then lost 6 minutes in a 40km TT and a further 20 minutes over 2 mountain stages, before having a good Sierra Nevada ITT in week 3)

182 Santiago Botero - DNF Etapa 5

183 Cadel Evans - 60
(Evans, unlike the rest of the team, thrived on stage 5, finishing 6th on the day. He performed at a reasonable level for the rest of the week, before coming in with the autobus on Xorret del Catí. After that he was a non-factor in the race, but there are no real terrible results)

184 Torsten Hiekmann - DNF Etapa 5

185 Andreas Klier - DNF Etapa 6
(Klier finished by Vino's side in the last group on stage 5, then climbed off early the next day)

186 Tomas Konecny - DNF Etapa 9
(Konecny finished well on stage 5, 56" down and in the main bunch, then came in with the bus for two days, was almost last in the ITT and climbed off in the mountains a day later)

187 Stefan Schreck - 58
(finished in the bus on stage 5 with Vino and Klier, didn't finish any stage in the top 40, but never outside the top 90 in the last two weeks, so wasn't too bad)

188 Steffen Wesemann - DNF Etapa 5

189 Erik Zabel - 43 (+ points classification)
(finished in the main bunch, in the top 30, on stage 5, then was 2nd two days running after that. Even managed to lose less than 2 minutes on Xorret del Catí)
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

21 Mar 2012 19:28

When you have 10 chiefs and no indians....you have a problem. And it isn't doping related, it is ego related.

Good luck managing that madness. Like most NBA team, there are always the prima donnas. If they whine like a bunch of babies enough, they will fire the coach and find another thinking that will solve the problem.
zigmeister

22 Mar 2012 05:09

zigmeister wrote:When you have 10 chiefs and no indians....you have a problem. And it isn't doping related, it is ego related.

Good luck managing that madness. Like most NBA team, there are always the prima donnas. If they whine like a bunch of babies enough, they will fire the coach and find another thinking that will solve the problem.

While I agree there's probably too many chiefs, you also have the problem of those chiefs all having hooks dangling off the back of their bikes. The minute a chief attacks SOMEONE will jump on their wheel and just sit there knowing full well they are doing a great job sticking to the BMC star.

If we see no results, then a May(?) team training camp in Tenerife followed by *amazing* results in July, then I think it will be time to dust off this thread.
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran

22 Mar 2012 22:02

DirtyWorks wrote:<snip>

If we see no results, then a May(?) team training camp in Tenerife followed by *amazing* results in July, then I think it will be time to dust off this thread.

I wonder will Rihs be stupid enough to take big risks again. I hope he has bought out McQuaid, met the head of the Lausanne lab and the Cologne lab too...;)
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

23 Mar 2012 03:06

danjo007 wrote:perhaps you are, and have only just realized how stupid this thread is.

hey man are you or is your avatar holding a giant CORNDOG? I am very hungry ...grrrrrrrrrr
"disc brake enlightenment"
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

23 Mar 2012 03:12

:eek:
blackcat wrote:konecny Evans and Zabel held out. Which made me deluded thinking CE possibly, could not be on a program.

Man I wish...... CE was not. He is my favorite....fan fanatic at the time.

HEY ...."I just got back from RED LOBSTER"! ehh FOOO Real? :eek:
"disc brake enlightenment"
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

23 Mar 2012 11:38

Evans was a pariah at T-Mobile, so I think it's likely that he wasn't in the team program. Which doesn't mean he didn't have a program of his own, of course.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

23 Mar 2012 11:59

hrotha wrote:Evans was a pariah at T-Mobile, so I think it's likely that he wasn't in the team program. Which doesn't mean he didn't have a program of his own, of course.

There's more to social interaction than doping programs. It's not exactly a secret that Evans can be a little tricky to get along with, it's entirely possible he was on the same program, but just widely disliked.
User avatar Caruut

23 Mar 2012 12:23

Caruut wrote:There's more to social interaction than doping programs. It's not exactly a secret that Evans can be a little tricky to get along with, it's entirely possible he was on the same program, but just widely disliked.

Of course, it's possible, but combined with the Vuelta episode and the fact that Evans was left out of the Tour despite being clearly in form could be interpreted as Evans not being deemed trustworthy enough to enter the core "cadre" where team doping happened. We know or suspect that true, open team-wide doping ended at about the time of Festina. At US Postal, only the hardcore Tour squad seemed to be on the team program. Liberty riders were referred to Fuentes individually and didn't know who else worked with him, if we believe what Jaksche said. What I said about Evans is just a hypothesis, but currently I find it pretty likely.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

23 Mar 2012 17:47

Gilbert missing Omega Pharma's input this year??? :D While Bottle seems to be rocking, even going on the attack this week....:eek:
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

18 Aug 2012 14:32

Blanks for Evans (mostly), Gilbert, Thor, Tour team.

Could be lots of other things.

Or could it be they're not on the juice? Or did the preparations go wrong?

So far we have persistent viruses, sinus infections, and rotten teeth. Sounds like code for blood storage gone wrong ;)
JimmyFingers wrote:Look I no way dispute Wiggins ... he is doping, he's at it all the time, and has been for years.
User avatar Ripper

27 Aug 2012 19:12

Ripper wrote:Blanks for Evans (mostly), Gilbert, Thor, Tour team.

Could be lots of other things.

Or could it be they're not on the juice? Or did the preparations go wrong?

So far we have persistent viruses, sinus infections, and rotten teeth. Sounds like code for blood storage gone wrong ;)

You got that right - now Evans has THE VIRUS - same as Hushovd :rolleyes:
User avatar Cycle Chic

27 Aug 2012 19:24

Cycle Chic wrote:You got that right - now Evans has THE VIRUS - same as Hushovd :rolleyes:

He said crook knee.
the big ring

27 Aug 2012 19:27

Caruut wrote:This takes the mick, a bit, don't you think? It gets a bit OTT, but is still understandable, when people say "he's doing well, he must be doped". But now if a team is doing badly, it's because they've doped.

I'm pretty sure mediocrity is a sign of doping to.
Cerberus

27 Aug 2012 19:27

CN now reporting it's a low grade infection. :confused:
the big ring

27 Aug 2012 19:47

the big ring wrote:CN now reporting it's a low grade infection. :confused:

It seems as if there are a lot of long lasting low grade virus thingies going around....:confused:
...right, and bad teeth too.
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran

28 Aug 2012 03:17

mewmewmew13 wrote:It seems as if there are a lot of long lasting low grade virus thingies going around....:confused:
...right, and bad teeth too.

Cobo has bad teeth too, although he is not in BMC. Is nowadays a bad teeth a new code? LOL
Either SKY bring us into future or bring us back ten years. Only time will tell.
User avatar maxmartin

28 Aug 2012 04:02

I call it the Sastre Virus. Win the Tour one year, fall off the face of the earth the next.

Cure = Retire
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon
Veteran

28 Aug 2012 07:18

ElChingon wrote:I call it the Sastre Virus. Win the Tour one year, fall off the face of the earth the next.

Cure = Retire

Sastre followed up his TDF win by first podiuming at the Vuelta and then finishing 3rd + 2 stage wins at the Giro...:rolleyes:
maltiv
Veteran

23 May 2013 16:35

Picked up some magazine today cos i had a few minutes to spare, looked at a few pages, 1 was an interview with Andy Rhis.
He was asked about Floyd Landis and he said that he got everyone to promise him that they wouldnt dope and he was sure that the whole team was clean but evil Landis went out all on his own and broke that promise.

Landis, the only rider to dope after 2006:o
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic