Register

So ... BMC

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

24 May 2013 02:06

maltiv wrote:Sastre followed up his TDF win by first podiuming at the Vuelta and then finishing 3rd + 2 stage wins at the Giro...:rolleyes:

Did he retire? Yes/No? Did he even get offered a contract post Cervelo Test Demise?
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon
Veteran

24 May 2013 02:09

ElChingon wrote:Did he retire? Yes/No? Did he even get offered a contract post Cervelo Test Demise?
Don't know if this is some kind of a joke, but anyway, Sastre went to Geox after Cervelo.
User avatar Samson777

24 May 2013 05:01

Samson777 wrote:Don't know if this is some kind of a joke, but anyway, Sastre went to Geox after Cervelo.

Exxxaactly.
User avatar IzzyStradlin

24 May 2013 05:20

maltiv wrote:Sastre followed up his TDF win by first podiuming at the Vuelta and then finishing 3rd + 2 stage wins at the Giro...:rolleyes:

Sastre's finish in the Giro was due to a 50+ man break. He knocked himself out of contention during the first part of the race. After that last hurrah, nothing.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

24 May 2013 07:13

About BMC, I really love Dottore Ferrari's allusions on 53x12.com

"GILBERT: the world champion flunked his spring campaign, showing obvious limitations even at the distance, confirming the under-performances of 2012 (world championships apart), very different from those of previous years: an "involution" common with other leaders of the [color="Red"]BMC [/color]team, such as Evans and Hushovd"

"involution" : does he clearly mean they stepped their program down ???
What does he know about them ? A lot, IMHO...

link to the article

Others interesting stuffs about Wiggins, Porte, even though I haven't got the key to decode everything (as Wiggins "focusing on [color="Red"]"special"[/color] training for the Giro"... what can he mean as "special"... Ferrari knows so well why training in Teneriffe is great...)
Gregga

24 May 2013 07:48

Gregga wrote:About BMC, I really love Dottore Ferrari's allusions on 53x12.com

"GILBERT: the world champion flunked his spring campaign, showing obvious limitations even at the distance, confirming the under-performances of 2012 (world championships apart), very different from those of previous years: an "involution" common with other leaders of the [color="Red"]BMC [/color]team, such as Evans and Hushovd"

link to the article

Others interesting stuffs about Wiggins, Porte, even though I haven't got the key to decode everything (as Wiggins "focusing on [color="Red"]"special"[/color] training for the Giro"... what can he mean as "special"... Ferrari knows so well why training in Teneriffe is great...)

With Porte, we have three important contenders for major stage races all within Team Sky: too many maybe?

And Rigoberto Uran...

:rolleyes:
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog
User avatar Dear Wiggo
Veteran

24 May 2013 08:01

BroDeal wrote:Sastre's finish in the Giro was due to a 50+ man break. He knocked himself out of contention during the first part of the race. After that last hurrah, nothing.

Maltiv is talking about '09 Giro.

The big break was in '10...
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

24 May 2013 08:08

BroDeal wrote:Sastre's finish in the Giro was due to a 50+ man break. He knocked himself out of contention during the first part of the race. After that last hurrah, nothing.

Get a grip man. Sastre was great in -09. Break was in 2010.
User avatar Walkman

24 May 2013 08:38

Netserk wrote:Maltiv is talking about '09 Giro.

The big break was in '10...

Derp!!!!!!!!!!
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

16 Jun 2015 13:26

This stinks!!

Gilbert on Sunday: “[BMC] don’t show me confidence. I am fresh after Giro, I climbed better than ever.”

BMC today: “Gilbert’s leg is broken"

Anyone else think GIlbert had a positive and has been sent home for being a naughty boy????
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

16 Jun 2015 14:12

Benotti69 wrote:This stinks!!

Gilbert on Sunday: “[BMC] don’t show me confidence. I am fresh after Giro, I climbed better than ever.”

Anyone else think GIlbert had a positive and has been sent home for being a naughty boy????

I think Gilbert wants to ride the tour but he also wants to be a free agent and ride for himself. BMC wants to put all their eggs in one basket (Read TJVG)
WildspokeJoe

Re:

16 Jun 2015 16:33

Just thought the same thing!
58teeth

Re:

16 Jun 2015 16:47

Sent home by who? According to you the teams and authorities are complicit in letting riders dope. Why then would they punish someone for doing it?
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

Re: Re:

16 Jun 2015 18:34

WildspokeJoe wrote:
I think Gilbert wants to ride the tour but he also wants to be a free agent and ride for himself. BMC wants to put all their eggs in one basket (Read TJVG)

Yep, Gilbert is not exactly a workhorse.
User avatar IzzyStradlin

16 Jun 2015 18:46

Good grief!?

Of course, I was motivated for the Tour because it is going to pass in a part of Belgium and there is also the nice finish on the Mur de Huy. But the Tour de France is every year. It is not like I am missing something like the Olympic Games. So every year you have a chance to do it and I have already done it a few times and have had a lot of success at this race already.

Missing the Tour (big $$$$) is ok.
Missing the Olypic games (no money) is not.

:confused:

For real?
User avatar Dear Wiggo
Veteran

16 Jun 2015 18:47

So Gilbert publicly complains about BMC and the next piece of news that he's suffered a broken leg. Very interesting.
User avatar SeriousSam
Veteran

Re:

16 Jun 2015 19:01

Dear Wiggo wrote:Missing the Tour (big $$$$) is ok.

For real?

Olympics gives a much bigger chance to get endorsements outside of cycling. A gold medal would be worth millions.

One TdF isn't going to change much. He's already on a huge contract, full slate of sponsors.
User avatar IzzyStradlin

Re: Re:

16 Jun 2015 19:04

IzzyStradlin wrote:
Dear Wiggo wrote:Missing the Tour (big $$$$) is ok.

For real?

Olympics gives a much bigger chance to get endorsements outside of cycling. A gold medal would be worth millions.

One TdF isn't going to change much. He's already on a huge contract, full slate of sponsors.

How come Wiggo didn't get millions? Is that only for road racing gold medals?

In fact, I don't know any Olympic gold medaling cyclist who are millionaires due to Olympic endorsements. Can you help me out there?
User avatar Dear Wiggo
Veteran

Re: So ... BMC

16 Jun 2015 19:06

When is his contract up anyway? He'd be a good fit at Katusha. They have the get out of jail free card.
User avatar veganrob

Re:

16 Jun 2015 19:10

Gregga wrote:About BMC, I really love Dottore Ferrari's allusions on 53x12.com

link to the article

Evans had an age when he started to get down, something very different to Gilbert... but we talk of the transitional era still in 2011.

Ferrari, if someone read Hamilton book, was a training doctor, not a doper, he make clearly the difference between that. There were people that doped with the training programs of Ferrari, but that doesnt mean everybody that went to Ferrari doped. Other doctors as Fuentes were just dopers.

The important with Evans, and I agree, is this:

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/article/2015/01/22/lemond-doping-era-denied-evans-his-best-years
User avatar Taxus4a

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic