Register

Will Contador Be Juiced Up Again Upon His Return

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Will Contador Be Juiced Up Again Upon His Return

Poll ended at 01 Jul 2012 10:13

YES
74%
NO
26%

Total votes : 105

Re:

02 Sep 2017 11:05

hrotha wrote:I don't care if you're asked, "I see myself as a paragon of cleanliness" really goes the extra mile and is up there with the worst Froome or Nibali have said. But if you want unprompted declarations, how about his 2006 open letter?
Woah, when did he say the bolded? Curious about it.
Also I think the one on your link is about Operacion Puerto. So he was probably defending himself to not get caught. (Wasn't he being investigated at that time about Operacion Puerto?)
Forever The Best

02 Sep 2017 11:26

It's the video I already posted. "Ejemplo" in this context doesn't merely mean "example" as in "sample" or "representation", it means "paragon".
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

Re:

02 Sep 2017 11:48

hrotha wrote:It's the video I already posted. "Ejemplo" in this context doesn't merely mean "example" as in "sample" or "representation", it means "paragon".

:confused:
I don't see any video in your link. I don't see 'ejemplo' word in the letter of Contador either.
Wrong link perhaps?

Edit: Nevermind, you were talking about the first link. :redface:
He was defending himself to not get a ban there, though saying 'I see myself as a paragon of cleanliness' is just hypocritical and up there with Froome and Nibali and just insulting the likes of Bassons who have never doped. (There can be no excuses for that sentence, just like the 'there is doping only in low level' thingy.)
At first I thought 'ejemplo' was 'example' thus I said that it isn't a great example but it is a great example.
Forever The Best

04 Sep 2017 06:24

Dear Trek,
Please give him the Cancellara bike for the TT. For the sake of cycling.
Pennino

Re: Will Contador Be Juiced Up Again Upon His Return

06 Sep 2017 15:53

So... somebody had quite a refreshing restday. :D
tweak37

06 Sep 2017 19:08

I have a question for someone a little more knowledgeable about the sport than I am. Who is the body that is responsible for drug testing at the Grand Tour's. For example, at this years Vuelta ... is it the UCI that does the testing? ASO? or the Spanish anti-doping group. Is it just one organization, or can any of those organizations request a test?
PPAR-delta

Re:

06 Sep 2017 19:09

PPAR-delta wrote:I have a question for someone a little more knowledgeable about the sport than I am. Who is the body that is responsible for drug testing at the Grand Tour's. For example, at this years Vuelta ... is it the UCI that does the testing? ASO? or the Spanish anti-doping group. Is it just one organization, or can any of those organizations request a test?

UCI and WADA, I believe.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re:

07 Sep 2017 01:17

PPAR-delta wrote:I have a question for someone a little more knowledgeable about the sport than I am. Who is the body that is responsible for drug testing at the Grand Tour's. For example, at this years Vuelta ... is it the UCI that does the testing? ASO? or the Spanish anti-doping group. Is it just one organization, or can any of those organizations request a test?

One could see that coming from a mile away :lol:
User avatar lenric

Re: Re:

07 Sep 2017 04:35

lenric wrote:

One could see that coming from a mile away :lol:

It is a legitimate question. In the US, it appears that the USADA is responsible for implementation of the World Anti-Doping Code (Code) in the United States. For example, reading the USADA annual report from 2016, it appears that testing at the Tour of California was implemented by the USADA. I was also under the impression that testing at prior Colorado races were also under the responsibility of the USADA. (don't know this with certainty)

In Europe is it done the same way? ... ie when a race is in France (TDF, Dauphine, etc) the French anti-doping agency there implements the WADA code, in Italy the Italian anti-doping agency handles all testing? In Spain the same?

I recently watched Icarus, and it seems like this approach has potential for abuse if local officials put pressure on the "local" anti-doping agency to show favoritism for local athletes.
PPAR-delta

08 Sep 2017 20:17

Anyone else think Contador has seriously upped his program since the second rest day? He's absolutely flying. To be honest I hope he has, and I hope he's changed his blood too. Would love it if he pulled off something spectacular tomorrow. :D
User avatar LanLions

08 Sep 2017 21:01

I half expect Sky to lodge a complaint by tomorrow to have Alberto tested 9 different ways and his bikes seized for testing.

And the UCI will send them a letter thanking them for being so clean.
purcell

08 Sep 2017 21:43

Rest day magic, old school.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

Re: Re:

09 Sep 2017 07:21

Red Rick wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:
rick james wrote:
Escarabajo wrote:I think the damage to his image will be big if he tests positive again. Not everyone thinks like us.

what does that mean?

I've always been told the clinic is not one being, your post proves that wrong....Thanks

Us = cyclingnews forum posters
Obviously most on here don't care too much about doping as shown by Contador's popularity.

Now go to bikeradar where 90% thinks doping became a thing of the past when Sky popped up and see, most posters despise Contador. Big difference.

I feel inclined to open an account there and refer to him as the Great One in every 2nd post.

:D

Do it. Especially if he wins it all tonight!
User avatar gregrowlerson

09 Sep 2017 07:24

purcell wrote:I half expect Sky to lodge a complaint by tomorrow to have Alberto tested 9 different ways and his bikes seized for testing.

:o :(

I hope Alberto if careful , I don't want to hear any more about him after his retirement, if you know what I mean...
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

09 Sep 2017 10:35

LaFlorecita wrote:
purcell wrote:I half expect Sky to lodge a complaint by tomorrow to have Alberto tested 9 different ways and his bikes seized for testing.

:o :(

I hope Alberto if careful , I don't want to hear any more about him after his retirement, if you know what I mean...

Whether he's on a program or not right now, his Vuelta performance hasn't been on another level. He's attacked but he hasn't gained major chunks of time, still 3'34" behind Froome. Actually, outside of a few attacks from MAL, this Vuelta hasn't shown any irregularities, at least based on past performances...
Bolder

09 Sep 2017 15:24

He is so juiced up since Andorra it's unbelievable. :lol:
wheresmybrakes

Re:

09 Sep 2017 16:08

wheresmybrakes wrote:He is so juiced up since Andorra it's unbelievable. :lol:

But yet he's only gained 20 seconds on Froome since then, no? None of his attacks really stuck, not the level of "this guy is on rocket fuel while everyone else is on pump gas."

Look, I have no illusions about anyone in the peloton, but while Contador has attacked whenever he can, he has had nothing to lose, and the fact is that Nibali/Zakarin et al were riding to preserve a podium spot or possibly gain one. He rode with more panache and it almost paid off with a podium.
Bolder

Re:

09 Sep 2017 16:11

It's pro cycling, it's par for the course.
DanielSong39

Re:

09 Sep 2017 17:59

It was a great ride, but, were he really to be 'tested', I think he would break the machine.
Jacques (7 ch)

Re:

09 Sep 2017 20:34

still cannot compete with motorbikes ....
lartiste

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic