Register

Sky

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Re: Re:

18 Mar 2017 20:24

Benotti69 wrote:
Zypherov wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:Lol, Kwiatko is charged to the gills.

Sky winning all WT races again, ffs.

Yea, he charged over the finish line to win. That's the only charge he was on !!

I think David Walsh will disagree. He claimed Sky were not doping as they were not winning classics! Now 2 in March!

:lol:

I remember him saying that towards the end of 2015(I could be wrong about the date). Since that time they've won 2 of the last 6 monuments ridden and podiumed a couple of times too.
User avatar BYOP88

18 Mar 2017 22:26

yaco wrote:
Electress wrote:
BYOP88 wrote:
yaco wrote:There is no need for the public to see Henao's blood values - The case has been investigated by the UCI, and pending charges under the BSP were dropped due to insufficient evidence - The public is so nosy and lack civics.

Investigated by the UCI, well I guess that's case closed because luckily for the sport the UCI is always above board.

Didn't they say they were going to publish a report in the name of transparency?

Walk the talk. Don't promise if you don't want to deliver.

Possibly Henao said he doesn't want his private medical information publically released - I know I wouldn't - It's sad that you fail to see you are being nosy demanding Henao NOT SKY release this information.

Henao would have had to sign a release if publication was ever intended. In my experience that would have been done right at the beginning of the process as part of the contracts.
Electress

18 Mar 2017 22:35

5:55. Third fastest climbing time on Poggio today, we're back to pre-EPO test speeds.

Sky train looking like a Sunday club ride at times while Dumoulin was spilling his guts!!!

Unbelievable.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

19 Mar 2017 08:47

Benotti69 wrote:5:55. Third fastest climbing time on Poggio today, we're back to pre-EPO test speeds.

Sky train looking like a Sunday club ride at times while Dumoulin was spilling his guts!!!

Unbelievable.

I watched the early RAI coverage then switched over to Eurosport later... , Sky was riding en bloc around 2/3 of the way down the bunch, unless there was a pinch point or tricky bit, then they would send up a couple guys to check then drop back... So, I reckon they rode almost half the race like that, getting sucked along, whilst everyone else worked... No small wonder there were 4-5 Sky riders on the Poggio looking fresh...
User avatar S2Sturges

19 Mar 2017 12:05

S2Sturges wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:5:55. Third fastest climbing time on Poggio today, we're back to pre-EPO test speeds.

Unbelievable.

I watched the early RAI coverage then switched over to Eurosport later... , Sky was riding en bloc around 2/3 of the way down the bunch, unless there was a pinch point or tricky bit, then they would send up a couple guys to check then drop back... So, I reckon they rode almost half the race like that, getting sucked along, whilst everyone else worked... No small wonder there were 4-5 Sky riders on the Poggio looking fresh...

Exactly - It was like another mountainous stage at the TDF - Have a leisurely Sunday ride to you get to the mountains and then wonder why the Sky train is so strong - No surprise with a quick ascent of the Poggio - The surprise was how many riders stayed in touch.
yaco

19 Mar 2017 21:39

S2Sturges wrote:

Unbelievable.

Out of 24 teams, were they all busting a gut?

It doesn't explain how Sky looked comfortable with so many.

No fetching bottles, sending back arm warmers, leg warmers etc etc. So no dom work all day just get sucked along and be there on the Poggio and it is that simple. Yet again the myth that Sky are different then others is complete BS.

Sorry not buying that.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

20 Mar 2017 01:24

Benotti69 wrote:
S2Sturges wrote:

Unbelievable.

Out of 24 teams, were they all busting a gut?

It doesn't explain how Sky looked comfortable with so many.

No fetching bottles, sending back arm warmers, leg warmers etc etc. So no dom work all day just get sucked along and be there on the Poggio and it is that simple. Yet again the myth that Sky are different then others is complete BS.

Sorry not buying that.

Come on Bennotti, apparently any Fred can roll along for 270kms @ 40km/h when the group is large. No need for food or water, it's only 6 1/2 hours of riding and holding position and staying alert and chasing back on after nature breaks or punctures and avoiding wildcard riders with poorer bike skills and keeping track of the team leader...
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

20 Mar 2017 01:54

42x16ss wrote:Come on Bennotti, apparently any Fred can roll along for 270kms @ 40km/h when the group is large. No need for food or water, it's only 6 1/2 hours of riding and holding position and staying alert and chasing back on after nature breaks or punctures and avoiding wildcard riders with poorer bike skills and keeping track of the team leader...

and the cipressa sound like a cured and dried and salted mediterranean foodstuff packed into the intestines of some porcine
“Nothing can ever touch the purity of what we accomplished now. Nothing can ever change it” -Johan Bruyneel
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

20 Mar 2017 06:55

blackcat wrote:
42x16ss wrote:Come on Bennotti, apparently any Fred can roll along for 270kms @ 40km/h when the group is large. No need for food or water, it's only 6 1/2 hours of riding and holding position and staying alert and chasing back on after nature breaks or punctures and avoiding wildcard riders with poorer bike skills and keeping track of the team leader...

and the cipressa sound like a cured and dried and salted mediterranean foodstuff packed into the intestines of some porcine

Some say that the Cipressa is easier to climb now, after Toto last rode MSR :D
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

21 Mar 2017 00:17

Any Sky fan will tell you that you can't trust a photo. The subject will either weigh far more or far less than than it appears. At the same time
User avatar veganrob

Re:

21 Mar 2017 00:41

veganrob wrote:Any Sky fan will tell you that you can't trust a photo. The subject will either weigh far more or far less than than it appears. At the same time

aka, #schroedingers_Zeno_cound_paradox

torturing metaphors, torching towns
“Nothing can ever touch the purity of what we accomplished now. Nothing can ever change it” -Johan Bruyneel
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

21 Mar 2017 20:45

I mean it really is so simple to be a completely dominant team in any bike race. Most cyclists must be SO STUPID not to be able to work out that all they have to do is hide and come to the front at the end of the race.

Only Festina, USPS and SKY seem to have worked it out in the past twenty years.
Wonder what could possibly link those three???
Rob27172

Re:

21 Mar 2017 20:57

Rob27172 wrote:I mean it really is so simple to be a completely dominant team in any bike race. Most cyclists must be SO STUPID not to be able to work out that all they have to do is hide and come to the front at the end of the race.

Only Festina, USPS and SKY seem to have worked it out in the past twenty years.
Wonder what could possibly link those three???

Looks like they need some tips from Movistar no ? :lol:
bigcog

Re:

21 Mar 2017 21:01

Unbelievable.

context please? how was the race up to the climb, was the average speed up or down on the previous years? a 6 minute climb proves nothing about doping.

the only Unbelievable thing here is you are copying digger
rick james

21 Mar 2017 21:05

rick james wrote:

Unbelievable.

context please? how was the race up to the climb, was the average speed up or down on the previous years? a 6 minute climb proves nothing about doping.

Yes please provide context so the sky apologists and skybots can argue the minutiae out of it and try to derail from the obvious fact staring everyone in the face
Rob27172

21 Mar 2017 21:57

rick james wrote:

Unbelievable.

Rick, you ok with Sky sacking a rider who was 'suspected' but not diagnosed as having a mental disorder?

Why did Sky not diagnose and prescribe? What was it Brailsford said? "whiter than white".

As for MSR. Since when are races done at Sunday club run pace? Since when is a monument of 290+Km of racing, yes that is racing for 290kms and then the only team with nearly a full compliment at the head of affairs and you want to argue the time? Puhleeease. Some of us are watching pro bike racing since the 80s.

As for the personal jibe re Digger. Plenty are are saying the exact same as Digger, plenty, he just says it more often.

Personal attacks detract from ones argument not add to it. Important bot information. ;)
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

21 Mar 2017 22:13

Benotti69 wrote:
rick james wrote:

Unbelievable.

Rick, you ok with Sky sacking a rider who was 'suspected' but not diagnosed as having a mental disorder?

Why did Sky not diagnose and prescribe? What was it Brailsford said? "whiter than white".

As for MSR. Since when are races done at Sunday club run pace? Since when is a monument of 290+Km of racing, yes that is racing for 290kms and then the only team with nearly a full compliment at the head of affairs and you want to argue the time? Puhleeease. Some of us are watching pro bike racing since the 80s.

As for the personal jibe re Digger. Plenty are are saying the exact same as Digger, plenty, he just says it more often.

Personal attacks detract from ones argument not add to it. Important bot information. ;)

When you say 'sacking a rider' I assume you are on about Edmondson? If so I haven't seen anything about him being sacked, either because of or not because of having any mental disorder. I may have missed it though so please provide the link.
All right Dave?
User avatar TheSpud

21 Mar 2017 22:23

TheSpud wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
rick james wrote:

Unbelievable.

When you say 'sacking a rider' I assume you are on about Edmondson? If so I haven't seen anything about him being sacked, either because of or not because of having any mental disorder. I may have missed it though so please provide the link.

Where did i say he was sacked due to the mental disorder? Stop obfuscating!

Why did Doctor Steve Peters not see it?

Is this not the team that in its quest for every marginal gain left no stone unturned? But rider's mental health was not part of that gain.

Sky lies. Sky doping.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

21 Mar 2017 22:28

Funny really Sky feeding the inner chimps Tramadol and Corticosteroids and not checking for depression, as this is a common side effect!

Sky, a run of the mill WT doping team.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

21 Mar 2017 23:27

Benotti69 wrote:Funny really Sky feeding the inner chimps Tramadol and Corticosteroids and not checking for depression, as this is a common side effect!

Sky, a run of the mill WT doping team.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25932&start=1260&hilit=diffused

Dan, why did the thread "Dave Brailsford- cycling genius" disappear from the subfora?

Did he have lawyers contest
i) his physiognomy that he looked nothing like gollum? well, for starters, he does. surely.
ii) did his lawyers contest defamation because we hailed him a 'genius'? yeah, that was a defamation, he is no genius.

thanx

btw benotti, not a reply to you.
cheers
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic