Log in:  

Register

Sky

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Re:

23 Dec 2017 20:55

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/12/story-behind-story-breaking-froome-positive-news/

"Team Sky released their statement prior to the story being published. Did you feel that they were trying to get ahead of the story to put their spin on it?

Yes, I think there was a bit of media management that went on. They got a statement to us about six minutes before they sent it out to everyone else. As you know as a journalist, we have got to re-legal the story, something as sensitive as this. It is not the case of just slamming in a statement and then sending it off. We have to get it re-legaled, we have to rewrite it in order to insert the statement. Everyone knows that is not going to take six minutes to do.

Given that we had given them a chance to comment and to contest any questions we were putting to them, I didn’t feel like it was great form for them to then release a statement widely six minutes later. It gave us very little chance to get our story out there before everyone had it, basically."
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

Re: Sky

31 Dec 2017 17:43

Pro rider Alexandre Geniez saying what eveny has been thinking for a long time:

https://t.co/Qv4zAswvzZ?amp=1

In Belgium yesterday, Alexandre Geniez had no knowledge of the information of the "Duck" when we contacted him. The Aveyron cyclist (who will start his season at the end of January at "La Marseillaise" before playing the Tour of Abu Dhabi) was surprised like everyone in the middle. It is obviously the terms "corruption" and "swindle" that caught him. "For me, like that, at first, it can only concern a team, one of the best in the world, its leader and other riders, but also the UCI and the British Federation ..." Follow the look the last (and brilliant) winner of the "Trois Vallées Varésines". He and many of his colleagues are still wondering about Chris Froome and Sky's operation and success. "They never miss each other, they are always superior in major events and they win what they have programmed. It's like the English on the track, we always say that there is something. I think it'll be a feast, we'll learn some stuff ... "

"It has been around for a long time and more than we think ..."

The Ruthenois is nevertheless convinced that the evil is behind us. "It's true, in a breakaway, sometimes with some guys, you wonder, you ask yourself questions, but I think that with controls, today is difficult. The electric bike, it has been around for a long time and perhaps more than we think but it concerned in my opinion only four or five runners ... We know the names ... "The one from Cancellara always comes back. His triumphant exits on the Ronde and Hell of the North continue to loop around on the canvas with strings of squeaky or mocking comments.

On the other hand, Alexandre Geniez does not imagine for a moment that ASO, the giant of the world organization, is involved in the case of corruption that interests the judges. "First because I do not see their interest, then because they have often proved that they were the first to fight against all fraud. Frankly no, I do not believe ... "In a few weeks, Alex takes the road with his ideas. "We still have the chance not to run in the 90's (Editor's note: EPO was flowing). We can still exist ... "
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,887
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

02 Jan 2018 09:23

http://www.smh.com.au/business/media-and-marketing/with-disney-deal-looming-murdochs-empire-is-fractured-20180101-h0c8ki.html
Moreover, James [Murdoch] is likely to emerge with a stake in Disney worth at least $US1 billion.

"That's a good return for putting up with your father for 20 years," [the London-based analyst Claire] Enders said.


:lol:
Salbutamol - Breakfast of Champions!
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"
Choco Loco for all your doping tips!
User avatar Robert5091
Member
 
Posts: 1,694
Joined: 29 Mar 2016 08:56
Location: stockholm, sweden

06 Jan 2018 10:34

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/can-cyclings-centre-hold-in-2018/

'It is unthinkable for new UCI President David Lappartient, and just as much for Tour de France director Christian Prudhomme, that Froome could start July's Tour with the process over his AAF ongoing. Yet, with Froome and his legal team able to take their time, that scenario could happen. But then why would he accelerate it? Why would he speed up the process and risk losing one Grand Tour and being banned from competing in his two primary targets of 2018?

A stalling tactic will do little to enhance Sky's popularity, but the sense is that they have long gone past caring on that score. After last year's tense affair, even the annual pre-season media get-together in Mallorca has this January been abandoned. There won't be any media bike rides with Dave any time soon. So against this backdrop, how long has the team got?'
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

06 Jan 2018 17:00

Can't ASO just ban him from any of their races like they did with Astana in 2008?
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran
 
Posts: 16,094
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

Re:

06 Jan 2018 17:09

El Pistolero wrote:Can't ASO just ban him from any of their races like they did with Astana in 2008?

I don't see why not ...
except, of course, if
there has been a convenient rule change since 2008.
;)
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,076
Joined: 16 Feb 2010 14:25
Location: Sardinia

Re:

06 Jan 2018 18:09

El Pistolero wrote:Can't ASO just ban him from any of their races like they did with Astana in 2008?


ASO can ask Sky not to field Froome for the Tour, Sky has a place because of his world tour status. so bring on G for the GC! :D
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,151
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Re:

06 Jan 2018 18:27

pastronef wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:Can't ASO just ban him from any of their races like they did with Astana in 2008?


ASO can ask Sky not to field Froome for the Tour, Sky has a place because of his world tour status. so bring on G for the GC! :D


Bring Moscon the racist for GC! Bouncing from one controversy to the next!
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,887
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

06 Jan 2018 18:43

thehog wrote:
pastronef wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:Can't ASO just ban him from any of their races like they did with Astana in 2008?


ASO can ask Sky not to field Froome for the Tour, Sky has a place because of his world tour status. so bring on G for the GC! :D


Bring Moscon the racist for GC! Bouncing from one controversy to the next!


Moscon going for cobbles in April. and superdomestique in July. too early for GC ;)
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,151
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Re:

06 Jan 2018 19:33

pastronef wrote:
thehog wrote:
pastronef wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:Can't ASO just ban him from any of their races like they did with Astana in 2008?


ASO can ask Sky not to field Froome for the Tour, Sky has a place because of his world tour status. so bring on G for the GC! :D


Bring Moscon the racist for GC! Bouncing from one controversy to the next!


Moscon going for cobbles in April. and superdomestique in July. too early for GC ;)


Froomey even if suspended can ride th Atomic Jock Race as it’s not a UCI sanctioned race. What a way to bookend a career with another victory at the Jock Race!!! :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,887
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

06 Jan 2018 19:52

thehog wrote:
pastronef wrote:
thehog wrote:
pastronef wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:Can't ASO just ban him from any of their races like they did with Astana in 2008?


ASO can ask Sky not to field Froome for the Tour, Sky has a place because of his world tour status. so bring on G for the GC! :D


Bring Moscon the racist for GC! Bouncing from one controversy to the next!


Moscon going for cobbles in April. and superdomestique in July. too early for GC ;)


Froomey even if suspended can ride th Atomic Jock Race as it’s not a UCI sanctioned race. What a way to bookend a career with another victory at the Jock Race!!! :cool:


he'll sit out for a few months and come back Alberto style, a bit slower than before ;)
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,151
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Re:

06 Jan 2018 20:16

thehog wrote:
pastronef wrote:
thehog wrote:
pastronef wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:Can't ASO just ban him from any of their races like they did with Astana in 2008?


ASO can ask Sky not to field Froome for the Tour, Sky has a place because of his world tour status. so bring on G for the GC! :D


Bring Moscon the racist for GC! Bouncing from one controversy to the next!


Moscon going for cobbles in April. and superdomestique in July. too early for GC ;)


Froomey even if suspended can ride th Atomic Jock Race as it’s not a UCI sanctioned race. What a way to bookend a career with another victory at the Jock Race!!! :cool:


To complete the symmetry after that he would go back to stealing kids' rabbits to feed his pet snakes :lol:
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

06 Jan 2018 20:18

And put on quite a bit of weight. Could go full Eddy.
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle
Member
 
Posts: 632
Joined: 22 Dec 2017 16:46

Re:

07 Jan 2018 08:31

macbindle wrote:And put on quite a bit of weight. Could go full Eddy.


First the Dawg gotta smash this year's Tour de Poland two weeks before tanking in the Vuelta
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

07 Jan 2018 08:44

:D :D :D

I think you just won the internet
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle
Member
 
Posts: 632
Joined: 22 Dec 2017 16:46

Re: Re:

07 Jan 2018 16:52

Wiggo's Package wrote:
macbindle wrote:And put on quite a bit of weight. Could go full Eddy.


First the Dawg gotta smash this year's Tour de Poland two weeks before tanking in the Vuelta


Imagine that! Froomey with a triumphant return to the Tour of Poland to finish 83rd again! :razz:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,887
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

13 Jan 2018 00:36

The Jiffy Bag Saga continues ...
http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/42668551
UK Anti-Doping (Ukad) claimed its 'jiffy-bag' investigation had been "hindered" and may have even been "potentially compromised" by British Cycling's failure to report doping allegations sooner, the BBC can reveal.

In a confidential and highly critical letter dated 14 November 2017, and sent after Ukad halted its inquiry into a mystery 2011 medical delivery, British Cycling was told its medical storeroom at the National Velodrome had been "chaotic and disorganised".

The agency also pointed to "little if any evidence of supervision or executive oversight" of team doctors.

Ukad had refused to release letters it sent to both British Cycling and Team Sky, despite Freedom of Information requests from the BBC and other media organisations, saying it would leave it open to legal action and that it was not in the public interest.

But for the first time, the details can now be disclosed after BBC Sport obtained the correspondence.
...
Ukad said its inquiry had been "hampered" by poor record-keeping and the cross-over between personnel at British Cycling and Team Sky, a view reinforced in the strongly worded letter it sent to the governing body's chief executive Julie Harrington in November.

In it, Ukad says: "We found no formal processes or procedures in place to record the purchase, use, or disposal of pharmaceutical products and medical supplies, ie a medical stock-taking system, except for invoices kept by the finance department.

"There was no process to record what products or supplies were stored by British Cycling at the velodrome or elsewhere, and what was checked in and out of the medical room on site.

"There were no records of pharmaceutical medical supply packages sent by British Cycling to teams competing at events at home or abroad.

"The medical room at the velodrome was chaotic and disorganised. There was no apparent filing system, and papers were just piled up in cupboards and filing cabinets.

"Electronic medical records were not kept... nor was there any back-up system. We found little if any evidence of supervision or executive oversight of the team doctors.

"There are considerable periods of time in which it is impossible to ascertain if (some) staff were operating as members of British Cycling or Team Sky."
Salbutamol - Breakfast of Champions!
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"
Choco Loco for all your doping tips!
User avatar Robert5091
Member
 
Posts: 1,694
Joined: 29 Mar 2016 08:56
Location: stockholm, sweden

Re:

13 Jan 2018 09:37

Robert5091 wrote:The Jiffy Bag Saga continues ...
http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/42668551
UK Anti-Doping (Ukad) claimed its 'jiffy-bag' investigation had been "hindered" and may have even been "potentially compromised" by British Cycling's failure to report doping allegations sooner, the BBC can reveal.

In a confidential and highly critical letter dated 14 November 2017, and sent after Ukad halted its inquiry into a mystery 2011 medical delivery, British Cycling was told its medical storeroom at the National Velodrome had been "chaotic and disorganised".

The agency also pointed to "little if any evidence of supervision or executive oversight" of team doctors.

Ukad had refused to release letters it sent to both British Cycling and Team Sky, despite Freedom of Information requests from the BBC and other media organisations, saying it would leave it open to legal action and that it was not in the public interest.

But for the first time, the details can now be disclosed after BBC Sport obtained the correspondence.
...
Ukad said its inquiry had been "hampered" by poor record-keeping and the cross-over between personnel at British Cycling and Team Sky, a view reinforced in the strongly worded letter it sent to the governing body's chief executive Julie Harrington in November.

In it, Ukad says: "We found no formal processes or procedures in place to record the purchase, use, or disposal of pharmaceutical products and medical supplies, ie a medical stock-taking system, except for invoices kept by the finance department.

"There was no process to record what products or supplies were stored by British Cycling at the velodrome or elsewhere, and what was checked in and out of the medical room on site.

"There were no records of pharmaceutical medical supply packages sent by British Cycling to teams competing at events at home or abroad.

"The medical room at the velodrome was chaotic and disorganised. There was no apparent filing system, and papers were just piled up in cupboards and filing cabinets.

"Electronic medical records were not kept... nor was there any back-up system. We found little if any evidence of supervision or executive oversight of the team doctors.

"There are considerable periods of time in which it is impossible to ascertain if (some) staff were operating as members of British Cycling or Team Sky."


quite...what were BC telling us the other day about leaks damaging the sport?????
gillan1969
Member
 
Posts: 1,283
Joined: 12 Aug 2009 12:25

Re: Re:

14 Jan 2018 15:32

TourOfSardinia wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:Can't ASO just ban him from any of their races like they did with Astana in 2008?

I don't see why not ...
except, of course, if
there has been a convenient rule change since 2008.
;)


They can't exclude the whole team if it's a WT team at a WT event - the 2008 Tour was a 'renegade' race outside the World Tour and was sanctioned by the Fédération Française de Cyclisme, not the UCI. I can't think of an example of a race forcing a WT team to exclude a rider - lots of races have informally excluded Pro Conti riders who have served bans, but using the 'soft' power of threatening to withdraw wildcards rather than UCI rules, as far as I know.
User avatar vedrafjord
Member
 
Posts: 790
Joined: 15 Jan 2013 03:35
Location: Land of Ire

Re: Re:

14 Jan 2018 16:56

vedrafjord wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:Can't ASO just ban him from any of their races like they did with Astana in 2008?

I don't see why not ...
except, of course, if
there has been a convenient rule change since 2008.
;)


They can't exclude the whole team if it's a WT team at a WT event - the 2008 Tour was a 'renegade' race outside the World Tour and was sanctioned by the Fédération Française de Cyclisme, not the UCI. I can't think of an example of a race forcing a WT team to exclude a rider - lots of races have informally excluded Pro Conti riders who have served bans, but using the 'soft' power of threatening to withdraw wildcards rather than UCI rules, as far as I know.

I remember CCC getting an invite to Milan-SanRemo on the understanding ( :( ) that Davide Rebellin wouldn't get a ride but, yes, that was Pro-conti.
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,076
Joined: 16 Feb 2010 14:25
Location: Sardinia

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Back to top