Log in:  

Register

Sky

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Sky

21 May 2018 13:39

brownbobby wrote:
Cycle Chic wrote:
MartinGT wrote:Old Dawg cadence still seems rapid but doesn't look like the 'motor' is responding.


same with Wout Poels - the egg whisk cadence has gone and they are riding normal. Even Froome on the Zoncolan wasnt riding his usual egg beater cadence. Only explanation is the motor.


I think the gradients on Zoncolan might provide another explanation for you here. He was still up around 100rpm, way higher than anyone else.

Ever tried spinning a gear at that sort of cadence on 15-20% gradients?

Yeah, I've tried it, but my HR always goes up and my speed doesn't. Unlike Froome.
User avatar veganrob
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,432
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 23:15
Location: The D

25 May 2018 13:29

at 89.1 kms to go they showed Wout Poels at the back of the group spinning a ridiculous gear.....even Brian Smith commented he was riding a very small gear.......Sky motors are back on
User avatar Cycle Chic
Member
 
Posts: 1,810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009 18:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re:

25 May 2018 15:44

Cycle Chic wrote:at 89.1 kms to go they showed Wout Poels at the back of the group spinning a ridiculous gear.....even Brian Smith commented he was riding a very small gear.......Sky motors are back on


How are those motors are not gonna get detected with x-rays?
Arked
Junior Member
 
Posts: 195
Joined: 06 Aug 2015 15:07
Location: Poland

25 May 2018 15:47

You're assuming that their goal is to find and punish motor use.
DanielSong39
Member
 
Posts: 993
Joined: 15 Jul 2016 13:03

Re: Sky

25 May 2018 20:40

#donewithprocycling

#donewithnfl

Another Landis.

I'll continue to watch the Spring Classics & Strade Bianchi.

The sport is dead.

I am mourning the death of the Grand Tours?

+ Yates? How does it feel to be out-doped?
User avatar TubularBills
Member
 
Posts: 934
Joined: 15 Sep 2010 04:17
Location: Guest

Re: Sky

29 May 2018 22:43

brownbobby wrote:I think the gradients on Zoncolan might provide another explanation for you here. He was still up around 100rpm, way higher than anyone else.

Ever tried spinning a gear at that sort of cadence on 15-20% gradients?


Haha! Really? That's a thing again? Whatever O2 doping he's doing is working great.

I'm too lazy to look up Pantani and Armstrong spinning their way over mountains.
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,080
Joined: 10 Feb 2010 17:01

31 May 2018 08:13

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44310461
Disney is the parent company of ABC TV network, which on Tuesday dropped the rebooted '90s sitcom "Roseanne" amid a ferocious online backlash against its star.


How will they treat the Sky "stars" if they take over, I wonder. :D
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,052
Joined: 29 Mar 2016 08:56
Location: stockholm, sweden

Re:

31 May 2018 12:21

Robert5091 wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44310461
Disney is the parent company of ABC TV network, which on Tuesday dropped the rebooted '90s sitcom "Roseanne" amid a ferocious online backlash against its star.


How will they treat the Sky "stars" if they take over, I wonder. :D
Are we now saying Sky is racist? Or is this an attempt to prove they're on Tramadol by suggesting that explains Moscon?
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,579
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Sky

31 May 2018 13:42

fmk_RoI wrote:
[url=<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2270417#p2270417</span>]Robert5091[/url] wrote:[url]<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44310461</span>[/url]
Disney is the parent company of ABC TV network, which on Tuesday dropped the rebooted '90s sitcom "Roseanne" amid a ferocious online backlash against its star.


How will they treat the Sky "stars" if they take over, I wonder. :D
Are we now saying Sky is racist? Or is this an attempt to prove they're on Tramadol by suggesting that explains Moscon?


Seems a little simpler than that to me. I think he just means disney doesn't like bad press and will act quickly upon it when it happens to them.
ngent41
New Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 08 Feb 2013 22:26

07 Jun 2018 14:32

Looks like the train is starting to warm up for the Tour.
QuickZulu
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 18 Apr 2016 13:32

Re:

08 Jun 2018 14:32

QuickZulu wrote:Looks like the train is starting to warm up for the Tour.


Starting to glow very well
User avatar MartinGT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,642
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 20:48

Re: Re:

08 Jun 2018 14:35

MartinGT wrote:
QuickZulu wrote:Looks like the train is starting to warm up for the Tour.


Starting to glow very well


This year's TDF is going to forge new ground for hilarity. Today, the G-man showing just how brightly he can glow, er, go .
User avatar JosephK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 141
Joined: 24 Jul 2016 15:49

08 Jun 2018 14:44

I am not going to get too excited with today. I think tomorrow will be a real test for him.
User avatar MartinGT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,642
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 20:48

Re:

10 Jun 2018 08:59

MartinGT wrote:I am not going to get too excited with today. I think tomorrow will be a real test for him.


Sky will put their train into effect to ensure the GC. G will diplomatically not take the stage win, gifting it to a breakaway member (Navarro, Brambilla, etc.) or coming in, say, a respectable third or fourth on the GC uphill sprint behind Martin and Alaphilippe. G knows to mind his p's and q's.
User avatar wirral
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,405
Joined: 28 Mar 2011 06:05

Previous

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 70kmph and 16 guests

Back to top