Register

Sky

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

17 Apr 2017 14:55

Collins now a hero ! Aargh - Blackcat elucidated the situation perfectly in a post a while ago - Along the lines, that politicians are cheer-leaders when everything is rosy, then make themselves heroes when there is a sniff of a problem - Politicians are worse than the dopers.
yaco

Re: Re:

17 Apr 2017 17:49

Dan2016 wrote:
veganrob wrote:
yaco wrote:You need hard evidence for a NADO to charge and then successfully prosecute a non AAF at an Anti-Doping Tribunal - That means corroborated evidence, clear paper trails, person admitting guilt etc - I am very consistent in my posting across a number of threads in this part of the forum.

Are you saying you work for a NADO? Because it just sounds like you are a Sky fan.

Funny how we all read things differently on forums isn't it. I've seen the last couple of pages and it just looked to me like someone stating the obvious...that is, under the present anti-doping framework there isn't enough evidence to prosecute anyone at Sky. That seems obvious to me, but maybe it's not. On what grounds within the current framework could they be prosecuted? Are they not currently protected by their TUE's and convenient lies?

Seems to me significantly more evidence is needed.

(and don't label me a Sky fan...Jaysus, god forbid...I hates 'em I do, I say yes I do I hates 'em I do)

Well this is not true, there was a lot of evidence but it was concealed and likely destroyed, which in itself is a sancable offense. You only need to see how Brailsford attempted to sway Lawton with false information and then offered up information about a rival team (which clearly he hadn't taken to the UCI) as fodder to not print Sky's illegal use Kenalog.

Add in the unaccounted vials of Kenalog, the private use of the drug on staff members, the testosterone delivery and you have a very good case to sanction Wiggins.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re: Sky

17 Apr 2017 20:19

Irondan wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
Irondan wrote:Yaco is welcome to post comments on the CN Forums as long as they do so according to all forum rules.

Besides, the anti-Sky brigade need someone to argue with, the rest of them seem to have disappeared.... :D

I think that is the 'anti stop insulting our intelligence brigade' you mean.

Not much left to argue with anymore.

Sky have been caught lying about almost everything.

We know how Wiggins won his TdF.

We know Froome is a doper/motor user.

What's left to argue with. They hired dopers and doping doctors. They had a positive with JTL. Edmondson admitted to injecting and doping.

Cookson former Sky/BC runs UCI, getting a positive from that set up nigh impossible.

Sky just another rich run of the mill WT doping team. Plus ca change.

When I refer to people as the "anti-Sky" brigade I only mean that they're the people that don't believe the PR bull**** that Dave B and the rest of the crew tried to sell the general public. More like the antithesis of a Team Sky fan.

Happy Easter Benotti! :)

Cheers Dan. Enjoy your Easter :D
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

17 Apr 2017 20:21

yaco wrote:Collins now a hero ! Aargh - Blackcat elucidated the situation perfectly in a post a while ago - Along the lines, that politicians are cheer-leaders when everything is rosy, then make themselves heroes when there is a sniff of a problem - Politicians are worse than the dopers.

Who posted Collins was a hero?

yes politicos are worse than dopers and imagine that Collins has done more than UCI or any ADA. That is how low the sports administrators are, lower than politicians!

#fail.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

30 Apr 2017 16:56

Sky finished 18th out of 19 teams at Romandie?

Not normal for Sky.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

30 Apr 2017 17:06

Benotti69 wrote:Sky finished 18th out of 19 teams at Romandie?

Not normal for Sky.

They had 3 DNFs yesterday and 1 DNS today
therealthing

30 Apr 2017 17:10

I knew this was coming, Sky ******** their pants with all the scandals coming out.

Hilarious to watch the mindless sky bots try to find excuses.
User avatar dlwssonic
Veteran

Re:

30 Apr 2017 17:34

dlwssonic wrote:I knew this was coming, Sky ******** their pants with all the scandals coming out.

Don't worry that check will clear in time for July.
User avatar BYOP88

30 Apr 2017 18:10

BYOP88 wrote:
dlwssonic wrote:I knew this was coming, Sky ******** their pants with all the scandals coming out.

Don't worry that check will clear in time for July.

Not quite sure how Sky's victories at Paris-Nice, Milan San Remo, Tour of Alps, Strade Bianche, not to mention being up there in several other races like LBL, fits in with your theory.

Yes, Froome didn't do anything much at TdR, but somewhat ironically he's come out of the Sky scandals fairly unscathed compared to Wiggins. Ironic because (in my view anyway) his career has been far more 'unusual'.
mcduff

30 Apr 2017 18:44

So Moscon going to Manchester. I guess that saves Cope having to head to the mainland any time soon.
User avatar BYOP88

Re:

30 Apr 2017 18:54

yes, because sky haven't won any major races this year :lol:
rick james

Re:

30 Apr 2017 22:23

yaco wrote:Collins now a hero ! Aargh - Blackcat elucidated the situation perfectly in a post a while ago - Along the lines, that politicians are cheer-leaders when everything is rosy, then make themselves heroes when there is a sniff of a problem - Politicians are worse than the dopers.

Couldn't agree more.
BullsFan22

01 May 2017 01:03

thehog wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:
veganrob wrote:
yaco wrote:You need hard evidence for a NADO to charge and then successfully prosecute a non AAF at an Anti-Doping Tribunal - That means corroborated evidence, clear paper trails, person admitting guilt etc - I am very consistent in my posting across a number of threads in this part of the forum.

Are you saying you work for a NADO? Because it just sounds like you are a Sky fan.

Funny how we all read things differently on forums isn't it. I've seen the last couple of pages and it just looked to me like someone stating the obvious...that is, under the present anti-doping framework there isn't enough evidence to prosecute anyone at Sky. That seems obvious to me, but maybe it's not. On what grounds within the current framework could they be prosecuted? Are they not currently protected by their TUE's and convenient lies?

Seems to me significantly more evidence is needed.

(and don't label me a Sky fan...Jaysus, god forbid...I hates 'em I do, I say yes I do I hates 'em I do)

Well this is not true, there was a lot of evidence but it was concealed and likely destroyed, which in itself is a sancable offense. You only need to see how Brailsford attempted to sway Lawton with false information and then offered up information about a rival team (which clearly he hadn't taken to the UCI) as fodder to not print Sky's illegal use Kenalog.

Add in the unaccounted vials of Kenalog, the private use of the drug on staff members, the testosterone delivery and you have a very good case to sanction Wiggins.

Hog, is it possible you're conflating criminal power to proceed on evidence like this and anti-doping powers to proceed? That's not rhetorical - I'm a million miles from an expert on the legalities. It seems to me that Sky's doping is blatantly obvious - with the details you mention (amongst others) - but they have been successful in protecting themselves. Everything has a (dubious) explanation: TUE's covering Wigans, dog ate my laptop, testo delivery was a mistake, kenalog by staff isn't doping by riders, and so on. Is there precedent for sanction on these grounds?

I woulda thought the strongest angle for sanction would be proving the TUE's weren't legit?
Dan2016

Re:

01 May 2017 17:36

BYOP88 wrote:So Moscon going to Manchester. I guess that saves Cope having to head to the mainland any time soon.

6 week team suspension and formal warning to future conduct.

https://www.teamsky.com/article/gianni-moscon
User avatar Catwhoorg

01 May 2017 18:02

Catwhoorg wrote:
BYOP88 wrote:So Moscon going to Manchester. I guess that saves Cope having to head to the mainland any time soon.

Weak response from Sky. A sacking was the minimum. Racism is not acceptable at any level.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

01 May 2017 18:16

Catwhoorg wrote:

Off to Tiede for 6 weeks, I'm sure that was in his program anyway after riding the classics and Romandie. He was planning to ride the Vuelta so the 6 week training break fits perfectly.

It's a JV-good-Garmin-6 month off season-styled ban after they rode the Tour. Weak sauce from Sky.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

01 May 2017 18:25

Strong response from Sky, they done the right thing
rick james

01 May 2017 18:55

Diversity training is instruction aimed at helping participants to gain cultural awareness in order to benefit the organization or company. Diversity training is the reality that is facing many human resource management teams – one of the pressing reasons is the growing ethnic and racial diversity in the workplace.

Sky, the joke that keeps everyone laughing and smiling.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

01 May 2017 18:59

Well if everyone already the level of cultural awareness required there would be no need for any training.
kingjr

Re:

01 May 2017 19:02

kingjr wrote:Well if everyone already the level of cultural awareness required there would be no need for any training.

If people opened their minds, there would be no need for any training ;)
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic