Log in:  

Register

Sky

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

01 May 2017 19:05

It seems as though if you are lowly call center worker, Sky will quickly sack you for racism even when there wasn't any. https://www.hrgrapevine.com/content/article/2015-03-04-sky-worker-receives-38000-for-being-sacked-over-accused-racism

Yet if you are a talented young cyclist, you just get your scheduled six week break and go on a diversity awareness course. :rolleyes: If only there was a TUE that would stop riders from spewing racist abuse...
User avatar DFA123
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,246
Joined: 07 Nov 2010 16:00
Location: Valencia

01 May 2017 21:11

Mikkel Condé v2.0‏ @mrconde

Racist comments have no place in this sport - or anywhere else. Six weeks ban to a rider who was already bound for a race break - neither...


https://twitter.com/mrconde/status/859135983123562496

So no punishment. Wonder will anyone bother to follow up whether he actually attends 'discrimination awareness'...

John Mabbitt‏ @dr_m_inthenorth

Replying to @mrconde
Is it not a bit odd that Team Sky went through the internal process *before* the UCI process?


Sky judge and jury for their own riders.........
Last edited by Benotti69 on 01 May 2017 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,133
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Re:

01 May 2017 21:12

Benotti69 wrote:
Catwhoorg wrote:
BYOP88 wrote:So Moscon going to Manchester. I guess that saves Cope having to head to the mainland any time soon.


6 week team suspension and formal warning to future conduct.

https://www.teamsky.com/article/gianni-moscon


Weak response from Sky. A sacking was the minimum. Racism is not acceptable at any level.



I dont remember if people asked CCC and Orica to sack Samoilau and Albasini
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,946
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Re:

01 May 2017 21:14

pastronef wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
Catwhoorg wrote:
BYOP88 wrote:So Moscon going to Manchester. I guess that saves Cope having to head to the mainland any time soon.


6 week team suspension and formal warning to future conduct.

https://www.teamsky.com/article/gianni-moscon


Weak response from Sky. A sacking was the minimum. Racism is not acceptable at any level.



I dont remember if people asked CCC and Orica to sack Samoilau and Albasini


Why not post about it in the right threads rather than trying to derail this one?
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,133
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

01 May 2017 21:17

..........no punishment? will moscon be paid during suspension....i doubt it

..........+ formal warning could impact upon future conduct...........later contract

Mark L
User avatar ebandit
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,918
Joined: 02 Aug 2012 18:24

Re:

02 May 2017 06:58

rick james wrote:Strong response from Sky, they done the right thing

In the PRR section it was pointed out that Moscon's next race was to be in 7 weeks. So this "suspension" is nothing of substance, and once again there is a difference between doing the right thing and being seen to do the right thing. And once again Sky chooses the latter. Nothing new here.

Oh, and definitely, sack Samoilau and Albasini for their actions. But do not derail this thread. It is about Sky.
User avatar meat puppet
Member
 
Posts: 1,858
Joined: 29 May 2011 06:57

Re:

02 May 2017 07:37

ebandit wrote:..........no punishment?


............and now forever.......................moscon may visit places such as this to hear

from those morally superior to him.................

Mark L
User avatar ebandit
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,918
Joined: 02 Aug 2012 18:24

Re:

02 May 2017 11:52

ebandit wrote:..........no punishment? will moscon be paid during suspension....i doubt it

..........+ formal warning could impact upon future conduct...........later contract

Mark L


Of course he will be paid, the stamenment from Sky read that it was a "suspension from racing", rather than suspension without pay.

I really wish you'd read rather than guess and make moronic comments without being informed.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,453
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

02 May 2017 11:54

ebandit wrote:
ebandit wrote:..........no punishment?


............and now forever.......................moscon may visit places such as this to hear

from those morally superior to him.................

Mark L


Are you suggesting wanting to stamp out racism is acting in morally superior? Well, no. It's completely normal to wish and exspect equality. Nothing to do with superiority.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,453
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

02 May 2017 13:57

ebandit wrote:
ebandit wrote:..........no punishment?


............and now forever.......................moscon may visit places such as this to hear

from those morally superior to him.................

Mark L


Not hard to be morally superior when not a racist.

#fail.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,133
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Re:

02 May 2017 14:15

meat puppet wrote:
rick james wrote:Strong response from Sky, they done the right thing

In the PRR section it was pointed out that Moscon's next race was to be in 7 weeks. So this "suspension" is nothing of substance, and once again there is a difference between doing the right thing and being seen to do the right thing. And once again Sky chooses the latter. Nothing new here.

Oh, and definitely, sack Samoilau and Albasini for their actions. But do not derail this thread. It is about Sky.


So effectively the ban is just a token gesture? If he is suspended for 6 weeks but is not racing again for 7 then it's not a suspension at all.
ontheroad
Member
 
Posts: 682
Joined: 10 Oct 2012 18:04

02 May 2017 14:38

Token, that gets lapped up by the media as "doing something" without anything actually being done.
User avatar Catwhoorg
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,954
Joined: 24 Aug 2011 11:00
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Re:

02 May 2017 15:47

meat puppet wrote:
rick james wrote:Strong response from Sky, they done the right thing

In the PRR section it was pointed out that Moscon's next race was to be in 7 weeks. So this "suspension" is nothing of substance, and once again there is a difference between doing the right thing and being seen to do the right thing. And once again Sky chooses the latter. Nothing new here.

Oh, and definitely, sack Samoilau and Albasini for their actions. But do not derail this thread. It is about Sky.


Meat puppet nailed it.

Biggest thing Kimmage got from his interview with Brailsford (circa 2010) was that he would talk the talk, but not willing to walk the walk.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,133
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

02 May 2017 16:15

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/diego-rosa-another-level-team-sky-compared-astana-328091

Diego Rosa reckons that sky are operating at a different level to Astana. Are we about to see a performance improvement from Rosa in the Giro then, Logically you would think so.
ontheroad
Member
 
Posts: 682
Joined: 10 Oct 2012 18:04

Re:

02 May 2017 21:25

ontheroad wrote:http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/diego-rosa-another-level-team-sky-compared-astana-328091

Diego Rosa reckons that sky are operating at a different level to Astana. Are we about to see a performance improvement from Rosa in the Giro then, Logically you would think so.


Every rider says this when they move to a new team.

Dan Martin waxed lyrically about how he feels better on his new team.........

Anyway it is cycling weekly :rolleyes:
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,133
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Re:

02 May 2017 22:07

Benotti69 wrote:
ontheroad wrote:http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/diego-rosa-another-level-team-sky-compared-astana-328091

Diego Rosa reckons that sky are operating at a different level to Astana. Are we about to see a performance improvement from Rosa in the Giro then, Logically you would think so.


Every rider says this when they move to a new team.

Dan Martin waxed lyrically about how he feels better on his new team.........

Anyway it is cycling weekly :rolleyes:


If only these other pro teams that spend millions of euro's a year on sponsoring a team thought of the small details and let their riders just focus on riding their bikes.
User avatar BYOP88
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,762
Joined: 26 May 2009 17:12

03 May 2017 07:40

Moscon can't be paid according to UCI rules if they suspend him after the race jury decides the punishment length. While Sky's punishment in terms of missing races might be seen as more appropriate now with Sky's internal formal disciplinary, it's UCI's ban that really matters. Like Grivko, the time of the offence, is not the time your ban starts. Grivko broke 12.1.005 in Feb, his ban started 1st May. UCI could issue anything upto a 6 month ban still. I doubt they can issue more than 6 weeks considering precedent has been set for 12.1.005 with a 6 weeks ban and a fine for Grivko very recently. Of course Moscon's violation is verbal racial abuse after a race, Grivko's physical abuse within the race is not directly comparable, but I would assume a 6 week UCI ban and similar fine for Moscon starting whenever the race jury issues the suspension. It won't be backdated or forward dated.
samhocking
Member
 
Posts: 1,063
Joined: 13 Mar 2013 22:44

Re: Re:

03 May 2017 12:25

Benotti69 wrote:
ebandit wrote:
ebandit wrote:..........no punishment?


............and now forever.......................moscon may visit places such as this to hear

from those morally superior to him.................

Mark L


Not hard to be morally superior when not a racist.

#fail.


Not hard to be morally superior to those who continue to defend a lie.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,755
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

02 Jun 2017 12:02

Sky of course right on top of things and pushing the marginal gains. Maybe they should read the directions first.

http://www.velonews.com/2017/06/news/pro-says-tire-caused-skys-catastrophic-wheel-failure-at-tirreno_439821
User avatar veganrob
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 23:15
Location: The D

Re:

02 Jun 2017 12:55

samhocking wrote:Moscon can't be paid according to UCI rules if they suspend him after the race jury decides the punishment length. While Sky's punishment in terms of missing races might be seen as more appropriate now with Sky's internal formal disciplinary, it's UCI's ban that really matters. Like Grivko, the time of the offence, is not the time your ban starts. Grivko broke 12.1.005 in Feb, his ban started 1st May. UCI could issue anything upto a 6 month ban still. I doubt they can issue more than 6 weeks considering precedent has been set for 12.1.005 with a 6 weeks ban and a fine for Grivko very recently. Of course Moscon's violation is verbal racial abuse after a race, Grivko's physical abuse within the race is not directly comparable, but I would assume a 6 week UCI ban and similar fine for Moscon starting whenever the race jury issues the suspension. It won't be backdated or forward dated.


Naturally the UCI have done nothing since stating they would investigate.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,453
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 70kmph, ahsoe, Bronstein, Crevaison, Dazed and Confused, dusty red roads, hazaran, pastronef, Red Rick, Tonton, TourOfSardinia, yaco and 66 guests

Back to top