Log in:  

Register

Sky

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

21 Nov 2017 19:08

Benotti69 wrote:Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.


What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,492
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

Re: Sky

21 Nov 2017 19:51

gillan1969 wrote:actually, not quite sure froome was good enough to even be a journeyman seeing as he was about to get the heave ho for not being......eh...good enough :)

Hey, come on! Lampre were offering him a chance to refund a minimum salary contract :lol:
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,929
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

Re: Re:

21 Nov 2017 19:59

yaco wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.


What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.


Wiggins took Kenacort without a TUE on the bus. That is doping. Lawton knows yet in that interview he refuses to call Wiggins a doper. Yet as a sports journalist he should have decent idea of pro cycling's history. A bit of a quick research would lead anyone with half a brain to see that the culture to dope did not change, not after the reasoned decision, which was in June of 2012 when Wiggins won his TdF, so how did Wiggins and Sky beat the dopers. Why did he tink in Rio Wiggins was this clean athlete? Lawton is either not to bright or liks to run with hare and hunt with hounds aas suits his purposes, just like Walsh.

Also, he caught the team lying. Their is only 1 reason to lie, doping. Lawton still not called teamSky cheats.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,525
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Re:

21 Nov 2017 23:09

Benotti69 wrote:
yaco wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.


What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.


Wiggins took Kenacort without a TUE on the bus. That is doping. Lawton knows yet in that interview he refuses to call Wiggins a doper. Yet as a sports journalist he should have decent idea of pro cycling's history. A bit of a quick research would lead anyone with half a brain to see that the culture to dope did not change, not after the reasoned decision, which was in June of 2012 when Wiggins won his TdF, so how did Wiggins and Sky beat the dopers. Why did he tink in Rio Wiggins was this clean athlete? Lawton is either not to bright or liks to run with hare and hunt with hounds aas suits his purposes, just like Walsh.

Also, he caught the team lying. Their is only 1 reason to lie, doping. Lawton still not called teamSky cheats.


He has to have indisputable evidence of that or he will lose his job because any decent libel attorney would rip him and The Mail to pieces.
MatParker117
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,983
Joined: 28 Aug 2012 22:05

Re: Re:

21 Nov 2017 23:28

MatParker117 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
yaco wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.


What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.


Wiggins took Kenacort without a TUE on the bus. That is doping. Lawton knows yet in that interview he refuses to call Wiggins a doper. Yet as a sports journalist he should have decent idea of pro cycling's history. A bit of a quick research would lead anyone with half a brain to see that the culture to dope did not change, not after the reasoned decision, which was in June of 2012 when Wiggins won his TdF, so how did Wiggins and Sky beat the dopers. Why did he tink in Rio Wiggins was this clean athlete? Lawton is either not to bright or liks to run with hare and hunt with hounds aas suits his purposes, just like Walsh.

Also, he caught the team lying. Their is only 1 reason to lie, doping. Lawton still not called teamSky cheats.


He has to have indisputable evidence of that or he will lose his job because any decent libel attorney would rip him and The Mail to pieces.


There is no such thing as an “attorney” in the UK, nor one for libel. It comes under the law of defamation and there also is no such concept in law as “ripping to pieces”. It’s simply dealt with outside of the courts.

Besides, Sky, Wiggins, Freeman or anyone have yet to lodge any form of legal disagreement.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,481
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

22 Nov 2017 17:00

Benotti69 wrote:
yaco wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.


What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.


Wiggins took Kenacort without a TUE on the bus. That is doping. Lawton knows yet in that interview he refuses to call Wiggins a doper. Yet as a sports journalist he should have decent idea of pro cycling's history. A bit of a quick research would lead anyone with half a brain to see that the culture to dope did not change, not after the reasoned decision, which was in June of 2012 when Wiggins won his TdF, so how did Wiggins and Sky beat the dopers. Why did he tink in Rio Wiggins was this clean athlete? Lawton is either not to bright or liks to run with hare and hunt with hounds aas suits his purposes, just like Walsh.

Also, he caught the team lying. Their is only 1 reason to lie, doping. Lawton still not called teamSky cheats.


Wow - Lawton as a journalist must follow the laws of libel - Think it's blindingly obvious the paper's legal team would not allow the word Kenacourt to be printed in the article - Lawton needs to be more careful of your feelings next time he writes an article.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,492
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

Re: Re:

22 Nov 2017 17:03

thehog wrote:
MatParker117 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
yaco wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.


What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.


Wiggins took Kenacort without a TUE on the bus. That is doping. Lawton knows yet in that interview he refuses to call Wiggins a doper. Yet as a sports journalist he should have decent idea of pro cycling's history. A bit of a quick research would lead anyone with half a brain to see that the culture to dope did not change, not after the reasoned decision, which was in June of 2012 when Wiggins won his TdF, so how did Wiggins and Sky beat the dopers. Why did he tink in Rio Wiggins was this clean athlete? Lawton is either not to bright or liks to run with hare and hunt with hounds aas suits his purposes, just like Walsh.

Also, he caught the team lying. Their is only 1 reason to lie, doping. Lawton still not called teamSky cheats.


He has to have indisputable evidence of that or he will lose his job because any decent libel attorney would rip him and The Mail to pieces.


There is no such thing as an “attorney” in the UK, nor one for libel. It comes under the law of defamation and there also is no such concept in law as “ripping to pieces”. It’s simply dealt with outside of the courts.

Besides, Sky, Wiggins, Freeman or anyone have yet to lodge any form of legal disagreement.


You are being too cute by half - On what basis could Wiggins or the like take legal action against Lawton.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,492
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

Re: Re:

22 Nov 2017 18:48

yaco wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
yaco wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.


What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.


Wiggins took Kenacort without a TUE on the bus. That is doping. Lawton knows yet in that interview he refuses to call Wiggins a doper. Yet as a sports journalist he should have decent idea of pro cycling's history. A bit of a quick research would lead anyone with half a brain to see that the culture to dope did not change, not after the reasoned decision, which was in June of 2012 when Wiggins won his TdF, so how did Wiggins and Sky beat the dopers. Why did he tink in Rio Wiggins was this clean athlete? Lawton is either not to bright or liks to run with hare and hunt with hounds aas suits his purposes, just like Walsh.

Also, he caught the team lying. Their is only 1 reason to lie, doping. Lawton still not called teamSky cheats.


Wow - Lawton as a journalist must follow the laws of libel - Think it's blindingly obvious the paper's legal team would not allow the word Kenacourt to be printed in the article - Lawton needs to be more careful of your feelings next time he writes an article.


Wow, i am actually referring to Lawton's interview he gave to Shane Sutton not what he wrote. Yes libel laws in England are crazy, but he still gave an interview not wrote it.

Will you pass on my feelings to make him a better journo? Thanks :D
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,525
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Re:

22 Nov 2017 18:49

MatParker117 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
yaco wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.


What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.


Wiggins took Kenacort without a TUE on the bus. That is doping. Lawton knows yet in that interview he refuses to call Wiggins a doper. Yet as a sports journalist he should have decent idea of pro cycling's history. A bit of a quick research would lead anyone with half a brain to see that the culture to dope did not change, not after the reasoned decision, which was in June of 2012 when Wiggins won his TdF, so how did Wiggins and Sky beat the dopers. Why did he tink in Rio Wiggins was this clean athlete? Lawton is either not to bright or liks to run with hare and hunt with hounds aas suits his purposes, just like Walsh.

Also, he caught the team lying. Their is only 1 reason to lie, doping. Lawton still not called teamSky cheats.


He has to have indisputable evidence of that or he will lose his job because any decent libel attorney would rip him and The Mail to pieces.


Jeez, journalists know how to write nowadays calling a spade a spade without getting into libel.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,525
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Re:

23 Nov 2017 10:07

Matt Lawton is obliged to protect the identity of his source not for legal reasons but because a journalist who betrays a source's confidence won't get any more scoops. It would be good if the identity of the source and importantly that person's motivation were in the public domain because there's stuff that hasn't come out yet that adds another layer of intrigue to what we already know

In the meantime if Lawton is able to get someone else in Sky's inner circle to corroborate what the original source said then any small elements of doubt about what Sky have been up to would turn to dust. If I were Lawton I'd be doing my best to have a cosy chat with Richard Freeman. The rest of Sky's inner circle have got too much to lose to go rogue but Freeman has lost it all already. And Freeman's payoff from Brailsford isn't going to last forever
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

Re: Re:

23 Nov 2017 11:57

Wiggo's Package wrote:Matt Lawton is obliged to protect the identity of his source not for legal reasons but because a journalist who betrays a source's confidence won't get any more scoops. It would be good if the identity of the source and importantly that person's motivation were in the public domain because there's stuff that hasn't come out yet that adds another layer of intrigue to what we already know

In the meantime if Lawton is able to get someone else in Sky's inner circle to corroborate what the original source said then any small elements of doubt about what Sky have been up to would turn to dust. If I were Lawton I'd be doing my best to have a cosy chat with Richard Freeman. The rest of Sky's inner circle have got too much to lose to go rogue but Freeman has lost it all already. And Freeman's payoff from Brailsford isn't going to last forever

Lawton has already stated he is still on this. I bet he is still talking to his source, who by definition must be either in/was in the inner circle of BC or Sky. I actually believe he wants to break this. But, if he doesn't, as ever, time will tell. Been there, seen this too often not to believe otherwise. Wiggins will be the first to fall, I've no doubt. He's not the guy I would go after though.
User avatar ferryman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,170
Joined: 30 Dec 2009 23:43
Location: LostinFife

Re: Re:

23 Nov 2017 13:07

ferryman wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:Matt Lawton is obliged to protect the identity of his source not for legal reasons but because a journalist who betrays a source's confidence won't get any more scoops. It would be good if the identity of the source and importantly that person's motivation were in the public domain because there's stuff that hasn't come out yet that adds another layer of intrigue to what we already know

In the meantime if Lawton is able to get someone else in Sky's inner circle to corroborate what the original source said then any small elements of doubt about what Sky have been up to would turn to dust. If I were Lawton I'd be doing my best to have a cosy chat with Richard Freeman. The rest of Sky's inner circle have got too much to lose to go rogue but Freeman has lost it all already. And Freeman's payoff from Brailsford isn't going to last forever

Lawton has already stated he is still on this. I bet he is still talking to his source, who by definition must be either in/was in the inner circle of BC or Sky. I actually believe he wants to break this. But, if he doesn't, as ever, time will tell. Been there, seen this too often not to believe otherwise. Wiggins will be the first to fall, I've no doubt. He's not the guy I would go after though.


Wiggins would be perfect. He's not known for biting his tongue and keeping quiet is he? If he bleated the whole world would believe every word.
Craigee
Junior Member
 
Posts: 283
Joined: 18 Aug 2016 06:18

Re: Re:

23 Nov 2017 13:46

Wiggo's Package wrote:Matt Lawton is obliged to protect the identity of his source not for legal reasons but because a journalist who betrays a source's confidence won't get any more scoops. It would be good if the identity of the source and importantly that person's motivation were in the public domain because there's stuff that hasn't come out yet that adds another layer of intrigue to what we already know

In the meantime if Lawton is able to get someone else in Sky's inner circle to corroborate what the original source said then any small elements of doubt about what Sky have been up to would turn to dust. If I were Lawton I'd be doing my best to have a cosy chat with Richard Freeman. The rest of Sky's inner circle have got too much to lose to go rogue but Freeman has lost it all already. And Freeman's payoff from Brailsford isn't going to last forever


I think the bottom line is...........every man has his price.

SDB's willingness to broker a better news story with Lawton shows that when his back is against the wall he will result to brokering a deal. There is every possibility that this is standard operating procedure when his back is not up against the wall either.

I would think that there were a handful of people who witnessed the good doctors alleged receipt from Cope and what happened thereafter. It cant be that difficult for SDB to work out who the possible source or sources can be and offer them a deal to not collude/co-operate.

Can a journo ultimately break the Omerta at Team Sky? Time will tell.
B_Ugli
Member
 
Posts: 446
Joined: 23 Feb 2011 13:41

Re: Sky

23 Nov 2017 13:48

With all the BS Sky attempted to feed Lawton, I'm not surprised he's careful with his reporting.
When I came out of one of the media centres during the Tour, a foreign journalist told me what had happened. They were talking to a couple of the Sky staff guys standing by the car as I came out of the media centre and walked into the car park.

One of the journalists who were there said afterwards, ‘it was quite amusing that after you had walked passed us, the Sky guy turned and looked at you and said, ‘that guy is a c*nt.’’


Well liked at Sky! :lol:
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,989
Joined: 29 Mar 2016 08:56
Location: stockholm, sweden

13 Dec 2017 16:20

I wonder how SKY is going to spin the Froome's positive & their "theory" on how he ended up with twice the amount permissible for Salbutamol ..... POPCORN READY!!! :D
User avatar hfer07
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,695
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 15:43

Re:

13 Dec 2017 16:33

hfer07 wrote:I wonder how SKY is going to spin the Froome's positive & their "theory" on how he ended up with twice the amount permissible for Salbutamol ..... POPCORN READY!!! :D



“Asthmatic Native” :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,481
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

13 Dec 2017 16:37

thehog wrote:
hfer07 wrote:I wonder how SKY is going to spin the Froome's positive & their "theory" on how he ended up with twice the amount permissible for Salbutamol ..... POPCORN READY!!! :D



“Asthmatic Native” :cool:


Come on hog, you know he has crazy adaptive physiology.
Bronstein
Member
 
Posts: 329
Joined: 30 Jun 2009 18:05

13 Dec 2017 16:40

Before we get too crazy trolling the Sky supporters please remember that trolling is against forum rules.

TIA :)
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,540
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re:

13 Dec 2017 23:07

Irondan wrote:Before we get too crazy trolling the Sky supporters please remember that trolling is against forum rules.

TIA :)


Sky fans have been trolling us for years now. They're noticeably absent now, I wonder why?
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran
 
Posts: 16,255
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

Re: Re:

14 Dec 2017 00:01

El Pistolero wrote:
Irondan wrote:Before we get too crazy trolling the Sky supporters please remember that trolling is against forum rules.

TIA :)


Sky fans have been trolling us for years now. They're noticeably absent now, I wonder why?


I want to know where is Sam Hocking?!? :eek:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,481
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

Back to top