Log in:  

Register

Sky

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

05 Apr 2018 17:18

rick james wrote:
macbindle wrote:I disagree.

There are plenty of examples of riders who refuse TUEs even when unwell...let alone abuse them when not really Ill in order to gain an unfair advantage.

yes, Chris Froome being one


The documents released by 'Fancy Bear' confirm that Froome obtained TUEs to use the corticosteroid prednisolone in May 2013 and April 2014.

Have you forgotten how he was so very very ill at the TdR that he took a huge dose of steroids, deemed by doctors to be the sort of dose suited to a hospitalised patient, and then not only won the race but beat the reigning World TT Champion in the TT.

So no. Froome is not one of them. Far from it.
.
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle
Member
 
Posts: 978
Joined: 22 Dec 2017 16:46

Re: Re:

05 Apr 2018 18:39

macbindle wrote:
rick james wrote:
macbindle wrote:I disagree.

There are plenty of examples of riders who refuse TUEs even when unwell...let alone abuse them when not really Ill in order to gain an unfair advantage.

yes, Chris Froome being one


The documents released by 'Fancy Bear' confirm that Froome obtained TUEs to use the corticosteroid prednisolone in May 2013 and April 2014.

Have you forgotten how he was so very very ill at the TdR that he took a huge dose of steroids, deemed by doctors to be the sort of dose suited to a hospitalised patient, and then not only won the race but beat the reigning World TT Champion in the TT.

So no. Froome is not one of them. Far from it.
.


Ha! The Dawg won the TdR by beating Contador who was on good form. Luckily Zorzoli signed off the Dawg's TUE without going to the required panel of 3 doctors. Phew! :razz:

Meanwhile those of us (not Kool Aid and the Gand obvs) who don't mainline steroids will know how hard it is to ride a bike hard for even one day let alone a week long stage race if you're properly ill. Nicole Cooke's book hit that nail on the head

And don't even mention Freeman's attempt (blocked by those Team Sky's doctors who didn't get into bed with Leinders!) to get Wiggo a dodgy TUE for the 2013 Tour of Britain. Wiggo was so ill he needed a TUE. But when deprived of it he won that race easily :lol: :lol:
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

Re: Re:

05 Apr 2018 21:11

macbindle wrote:
rick james wrote:
macbindle wrote:I disagree.

There are plenty of examples of riders who refuse TUEs even when unwell...let alone abuse them when not really Ill in order to gain an unfair advantage.

yes, Chris Froome being one


The documents released by 'Fancy Bear' confirm that Froome obtained TUEs to use the corticosteroid prednisolone in May 2013 and April 2014.

Have you forgotten how he was so very very ill at the TdR that he took a huge dose of steroids, deemed by doctors to be the sort of dose suited to a hospitalised patient, and then not only won the race but beat the reigning World TT Champion in the TT.

So no. Froome is not one of them. Far from it.
.

Refused one at the 2015 tour de France, a hero to some
Last edited by rick james on 05 Apr 2018 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,998
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

05 Apr 2018 21:30

Of course the only person telling us that is Froome himself. I'm not aware of any corroborating evidence to back up his claim. Are you?

Seems strange for Froome to suffer from an attack of morality in 2015 when he had no qualms about using TUEs to win the Dauphiné and Romandie.
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle
Member
 
Posts: 978
Joined: 22 Dec 2017 16:46

Re: Re:

05 Apr 2018 22:12

Wiggo's Package wrote:Ha! The Dawg won the TdR by beating Contador who was on good form.

No he didn't. Contador wasn't in the race. He won the 2014 by getting in a two man break with Spilak (who won the stage) and then beating him with time trialling. Rui Costa was third.

This was very different from his 2013 win where he won by getting in a two man break with Spilak (who won the stage) and then beating him with time trialling. Rui Costa was third.

Why do you make up stuff to support your arguments? This isn't a mistake. It's just lying.
Parker
Member
 
Posts: 1,613
Joined: 04 Mar 2011 01:20

Re:

05 Apr 2018 22:33

macbindle wrote:Of course the only person telling us that is Froome himself. I'm not aware of any corroborating evidence to back up his claim. Are you?

Seems strange for Froome to suffer from an attack of morality in 2015 when he had no qualms about using TUEs to win the Dauphiné and Romandie.

2 TUE he’s had, wanting the world to crumble over 2...amazing
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,998
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Sky

05 Apr 2018 23:29

Maybe it’s time that UCI employ an “Ethics Chaplain” ... portable confessional ‘n all. It’s a start.
Alpe73
Member
 
Posts: 671
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 01:23

Re: Re:

06 Apr 2018 05:13

rick james wrote:
macbindle wrote:Of course the only person telling us that is Froome himself. I'm not aware of any corroborating evidence to back up his claim. Are you?

Seems strange for Froome to suffer from an attack of morality in 2015 when he had no qualms about using TUEs to win the Dauphiné and Romandie.

2 TUE he’s had, wanting the world to crumble over 2...amazing


A few posts back you were telling us that Froome was one of the people who refuses TUEs on moral grounds.

The evidence shows he doesn't. He won two races on them. As for his claim that he refused a TUE in 2015, well, why would he do that if he hadn't before? Sounds like typical Froome lying to me.
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle
Member
 
Posts: 978
Joined: 22 Dec 2017 16:46

Re: Re:

06 Apr 2018 05:32

macbindle wrote:
rick james wrote:
macbindle wrote:Of course the only person telling us that is Froome himself. I'm not aware of any corroborating evidence to back up his claim. Are you?

Seems strange for Froome to suffer from an attack of morality in 2015 when he had no qualms about using TUEs to win the Dauphiné and Romandie.

2 TUE he’s had, wanting the world to crumble over 2...amazing


A few posts back you were telling us that Froome was one of the people who refuses TUEs on moral grounds.

The evidence shows he doesn't. He won two races on them. As for his claim that he refused a TUE in 2015, well, why would he do that if he hadn't before? Sounds like typical Froome lying to me.


Quit with the talk about morals, it means nothing in Cycling
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,998
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Sky

06 Apr 2018 05:34

Alpe73 wrote:Maybe it’s time that UCI employ an “Ethics Chaplain” ... portable confessional ‘n all. It’s a start.

Have they to swear on the bible as well
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,998
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Re:

06 Apr 2018 05:37

rick james wrote:
macbindle wrote:
rick james wrote:
macbindle wrote:Of course the only person telling us that is Froome himself. I'm not aware of any corroborating evidence to back up his claim. Are you?

Seems strange for Froome to suffer from an attack of morality in 2015 when he had no qualms about using TUEs to win the Dauphiné and Romandie.

2 TUE he’s had, wanting the world to crumble over 2...amazing


A few posts back you were telling us that Froome was one of the people who refuses TUEs on moral grounds.

The evidence shows he doesn't. He won two races on them. As for his claim that he refused a TUE in 2015, well, why would he do that if he hadn't before? Sounds like typical Froome lying to me.


Quit with the talk about morals, it means nothing in Cycling


Certainly not in Team Sky, no.
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle
Member
 
Posts: 978
Joined: 22 Dec 2017 16:46

Re: Sky

06 Apr 2018 06:18

rick james wrote:
Alpe73 wrote:Maybe it’s time that UCI employ an “Ethics Chaplain” ... portable confessional ‘n all. It’s a start.

Have they to swear on the bible as well


That's a rhetorical question, right?

UCI's reporting they only have a small budget for this. Port-a-confessional not cheap these days. Compact penance whip ... that'll set 'em back, a penny.

As I said, ya gotta start somewhere. :geek:
Alpe73
Member
 
Posts: 671
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 01:23

Re: Sky

10 Apr 2018 03:12

What’s happened to Sky? Has President Lappy enforced actual bike checks? He wheels have fallen off.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,341
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Sky

10 Apr 2018 12:05

thehog wrote:What’s happened to Sky? Has President Lappy enforced actual bike checks? He wheels have fallen off.



A better start this year than last year, this is what’happened ? already 15 wins when last year their 15th was in
in June at the Dauphiné
CTQ
Member
 
Posts: 318
Joined: 12 Mar 2016 12:14

Re: Sky

10 Apr 2018 12:18

CTQ wrote:
thehog wrote:What’s happened to Sky? Has President Lappy enforced actual bike checks? He wheels have fallen off.



A better start this year than last year, this is what’happened ? already 15 wins when last year their 15th was in
in June at the Dauphiné
Facts schmacts. In the land of Wishful Thinking, truth is a matter of opinion.
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,666
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

10 Apr 2018 12:28

While Tirreno-Adriatico equals Paris-Nice, Strade and Milano-Sanremo are still way better than what else they have won so far this year. And it's not like they have been anywhere close in the biggest one-day races.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,999
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

Re:

10 Apr 2018 12:40

Netserk wrote:While Tirreno-Adriatico equals Paris-Nice, Strade and Milano-Sanremo are still way better than what else they have won so far this year. And it's not like they have been anywhere close in the biggest one-day races.
"They've suffered a 100% decrease in the number of Monuments they've won! The end is nigh!"
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,666
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re:

10 Apr 2018 12:43

Netserk wrote: And it's not like they have been anywhere close in the biggest one-day races.

Same as almost ever other year then.

Last year Kwiatkowski had a good classics campaign, but that was the exception rather than the norm.
Parker
Member
 
Posts: 1,613
Joined: 04 Mar 2011 01:20

Re: Sky

10 Apr 2018 13:04

CTQ wrote:
thehog wrote:What’s happened to Sky? Has President Lappy enforced actual bike checks? He wheels have fallen off.



A better start this year than last year, this is what’happened ? already 15 wins when last year their 15th was in
in June at the Dauphiné


their cobbled classic campaign wasnt good. but they won a few races (and Bernal crashed in Catalunya and Poels crashed in PAris-Nice)
dont worry Hog, our fav team will bounce back
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,263
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Sky

10 Apr 2018 14:40

pastronef wrote:
CTQ wrote:
thehog wrote:What’s happened to Sky? Has President Lappy enforced actual bike checks? He wheels have fallen off.



A better start this year than last year, this is what’happened ? already 15 wins when last year their 15th was in
in June at the Dauphiné


their cobbled classic campaign wasnt good. but they won a few races (and Bernal crashed in Catalunya and Poels crashed in PAris-Nice)
dont worry Hog, our fav team will bounce back


The Dawg won’t let me down! :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,341
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: simoni and 19 guests

Back to top