Log in:  

Register

Sky

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

10 Apr 2018 14:41

Parker wrote:
Netserk wrote: And it's not like they have been anywhere close in the biggest one-day races.

Same as almost ever other year then.

Last year Kwiatkowski had a good classics campaign, but that was the exception rather than the norm.


Kwiatkowski has been disappointing, he has raced a lot less this year. Is he waiting for something else? Like winning the Tour? :p
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,480
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

10 Apr 2018 14:52

Parker wrote:
Netserk wrote: And it's not like they have been anywhere close in the biggest one-day races.

Same as almost ever other year then.

Last year Kwiatkowski had a good classics campaign, but that was the exception rather than the norm.

In 2016 they won E3, was 2nd in Milano-Sanremo, and 3rd in Paris-Roubaix.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,999
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

Re: Re:

10 Apr 2018 15:05

thehog wrote:
Parker wrote:
Netserk wrote: And it's not like they have been anywhere close in the biggest one-day races.

Same as almost ever other year then.

Last year Kwiatkowski had a good classics campaign, but that was the exception rather than the norm.


Kwiatkowski has been disappointing, he has raced a lot less this year. Is he waiting for something else? Like winning the Tour? :p

Apart from swapping GP Indurain for Flanders, he's done exactly the same races as he did last year.
Parker
Member
 
Posts: 1,632
Joined: 04 Mar 2011 01:20

Re: Re:

10 Apr 2018 16:52

Netserk wrote:
Parker wrote:
Netserk wrote: And it's not like they have been anywhere close in the biggest one-day races.

Same as almost ever other year then.

Last year Kwiatkowski had a good classics campaign, but that was the exception rather than the norm.

In 2016 they won E3, was 2nd in Milano-Sanremo, and 3rd in Paris-Roubaix.


Flanders and Roubaix, Sky were anonymous. Back to their 2013/4 Classics form.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,480
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

22 Apr 2018 15:14

thehog wrote:
Netserk wrote:
Parker wrote:
Netserk wrote: And it's not like they have been anywhere close in the biggest one-day races.

Same as almost ever other year then.

Last year Kwiatkowski had a good classics campaign, but that was the exception rather than the norm.

In 2016 they won E3, was 2nd in Milano-Sanremo, and 3rd in Paris-Roubaix.


Flanders and Roubaix, Sky were anonymous. Back to their 2013/4 Classics form.


Much the same today. Fairly anonymous. Wheels are not as round as last year.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,480
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

22 Apr 2018 16:05

Benat Intxausti still nowhere to be seen. Cannot find any article or anything about him published since November. Surely he can't return to his best again now?
therealthing
Junior Member
 
Posts: 152
Joined: 27 Apr 2016 19:54

Re:

22 Apr 2018 20:05

therealthing wrote:Benat Intxausti still nowhere to be seen. Cannot find any article or anything about him published since November. Surely he can't return to his best again now?

He can’t can he? Oh think of the shame if he does!
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,345
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Re:

22 Apr 2018 22:33

Netserk wrote:
Parker wrote:
Netserk wrote: And it's not like they have been anywhere close in the biggest one-day races.

Same as almost ever other year then.

Last year Kwiatkowski had a good classics campaign, but that was the exception rather than the norm.

In 2016 they won E3, was 2nd in Milano-Sanremo, and 3rd in Paris-Roubaix.


Your forgetting the monument.
MatParker117
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,948
Joined: 28 Aug 2012 22:05

Re: Re:

26 Apr 2018 13:41

rick james wrote:
therealthing wrote:Benat Intxausti still nowhere to be seen. Cannot find any article or anything about him published since November. Surely he can't return to his best again now?

He can’t can he? Oh think of the shame if he does!

Whoops- this was meant for the non-clinic thread.
therealthing
Junior Member
 
Posts: 152
Joined: 27 Apr 2016 19:54

27 Apr 2018 15:25

Hello, Egan.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,495
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

27 Apr 2018 15:34

Lol
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,345
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Sky

15 May 2018 16:14

So whilst Chaves is suffering from Pollen issues sky get medication strong enough for a rhino for Wigan
Well played sky.
User avatar MartinGT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,756
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 20:48

Re: Sky

16 May 2018 13:55

MartinGT wrote:So whilst Chaves is suffering from Pollen issues sky get medication strong enough for a rhino for Wigan
Well played sky.

Perhaps Chavez chemistry experiment went wrong on the rest day.
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,670
Joined: 16 Feb 2010 14:25
Location: Sardinia

16 May 2018 16:09

what happened to the SKY TRAIN ??
User avatar Cycle Chic
Member
 
Posts: 1,815
Joined: 26 Sep 2009 18:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re:

16 May 2018 16:25

Cycle Chic wrote:what happened to the SKY TRAIN ??


I assume SKY (BC for that matter) are in a state of chaos, what with all of the uncertainty that lies ahead. The train appears to be going somewhat off the rails aside from Bernal. The other riders seem to almost be biding their time until a new pecking order has to be arranged.
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk
Member
 
Posts: 756
Joined: 21 Feb 2017 21:15
Location: High Desert Steppe

18 May 2018 08:32

Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

Re:

18 May 2018 13:09

Cycle Chic wrote:what happened to the SKY TRAIN ??


The magic marginal wheels have come off? Same with Froome; says he's peddling differently; to my amateur eye, looks just the same to me, just the washing machine cyle proves to be rather less efficient. Mechanical failure!
Ariane
New Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 30 Aug 2016 21:09

Re: Sky

18 May 2018 20:05

Old Dawg cadence still seems rapid but doesn't look like the 'motor' is responding.
User avatar MartinGT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,756
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 20:48

Re: Sky

21 May 2018 10:09

MartinGT wrote:Old Dawg cadence still seems rapid but doesn't look like the 'motor' is responding.


same with Wout Poels - the egg whisk cadence has gone and they are riding normal. Even Froome on the Zoncolan wasnt riding his usual egg beater cadence. Only explanation is the motor.
User avatar Cycle Chic
Member
 
Posts: 1,815
Joined: 26 Sep 2009 18:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Sky

21 May 2018 12:16

Cycle Chic wrote:
MartinGT wrote:Old Dawg cadence still seems rapid but doesn't look like the 'motor' is responding.


same with Wout Poels - the egg whisk cadence has gone and they are riding normal. Even Froome on the Zoncolan wasnt riding his usual egg beater cadence. Only explanation is the motor.


I think the gradients on Zoncolan might provide another explanation for you here. He was still up around 100rpm, way higher than anyone else.

Ever tried spinning a gear at that sort of cadence on 15-20% gradients?
brownbobby
Member
 
Posts: 871
Joined: 27 Sep 2017 07:14

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Back to top