Register

Sky

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

12 Jul 2018 16:38

veganrob wrote:We can't allow booing at any soccer events either. Might hurt the poor athletes feelings. WTF

Booing is a negative action while cheering your team is a positive reaction - I wouldn't waste my breath booing any sportsperson or team.
yaco

12 Jul 2018 16:40

Why waste your time walking to a team bus to hold up a negatively worded sign - The fact is positive and negative signs appear on the race route and that will never change - The bigger issue is how this non-story made it a news article.
yaco

Re:

12 Jul 2018 17:21

yaco wrote:Why waste your time walking to a team bus to hold up a negatively worded sign - The fact is positive and negative signs appear on the race route and that will never change - The bigger issue is how this non-story made it a news article.

They did not walk up to a team bus.

The story is the reaction of an athlete. The story is that a rider lied and only when 2 journalists who witnessed the event confirmed what happend did the rider own up to his actions.

Just another important part of the overall pictured portrayed by TeamSky.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re: Re:

12 Jul 2018 17:49

Benotti69 wrote:
yaco wrote:Why waste your time walking to a team bus to hold up a negatively worded sign - The fact is positive and negative signs appear on the race route and that will never change - The bigger issue is how this non-story made it a news article.

They did not walk up to a team bus.

The story is the reaction of an athlete. The story is that a rider lied and only when 2 journalists who witnessed the event confirmed what happend did the rider own up to his actions.

Just another important part of the overall pictured portrayed by TeamSky.

Yaco
Transparency
is when you can see through
the likes of TeamSky
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

Re: Sky

12 Jul 2018 19:02

Yaco, times up ! #metoo
chuuurles

Re: Sky

12 Jul 2018 19:07

chuuurles wrote:Yaco, times up ! #metoo

Snowflake generation. Don't come out of your safe spaces guys :lol:
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

12 Jul 2018 19:32

Põhja Konn wrote:
yaco wrote:
poupou wrote:
yaco wrote:Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.

There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.

So abuse is acceptable. Now i understand why society is failing.

But where's the abuse in this case? Certainly not with a fan who held up the banner. Rather we can say that it was Rowe who abused that fan's freedom of speech just because he and his team didn't appreciate the message that was expressed with this banner.

Being only willing to accept opinions that are favourable to them and oppressing and denigrating everything else is alone more than enough to despise that team. The society is failing exactly because there are too many Brailsfords and too little normal people in the positions of power.

The irony of this quote being made in the clinic is mind blowing.
Singer01

12 Jul 2018 19:36

Singer01 wrote:
Põhja Konn wrote:
yaco wrote:
poupou wrote:
yaco wrote:Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.

There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.

But where's the abuse in this case? Certainly not with a fan who held up the banner. Rather we can say that it was Rowe who abused that fan's freedom of speech just because he and his team didn't appreciate the message that was expressed with this banner.

Being only willing to accept opinions that are favourable to them and oppressing and denigrating everything else is alone more than enough to despise that team. The society is failing exactly because there are too many Brailsfords and too little normal people in the positions of power.

The irony of this quote being made in the clinic is mind blowing.

Abso f'in lutely :D
brownbobby

12 Jul 2018 20:00

9 of the most recently commented on 14 threads are either explicitly or implicitly about sky, the amount of foil some of you lot get through must be astronomical.
Singer01

12 Jul 2018 20:19

yaco wrote:
poupou wrote:

You are right, communists had a good guideline how to treat such trouble makers with opinion not approved by the party - beat them, put them into prison and in the beginning also execute them. Right, execute everyone who is presenting opinions not approved in advance by Sir Dave!

How it is possible that french bastard wants to present opinion in France. Unbelievable :exclaim:
User avatar lartiste

Re:

12 Jul 2018 21:28

Singer01 wrote:9 of the most recently commented on 14 threads are either explicitly or implicitly about sky, the amount of foil some of you lot get through must be astronomical.

the conspiracy is actually the hoops you need to jump through to explain Froome and hence the probability......that's the tin foil right there

the very simple explanation on the other hand................. ;)
gillan1969

12 Jul 2018 21:39

I don't think that is what he is getting at.

You know it is entirely possible to suspect (as I do) that Christopher Froome's athletic prowess is very far from natural and still think that a lot of what gets posted here is tinfoil hat stuff.

Being right about a fundamental point doesn't mean you are right about the details.

I find the obsessive fervent hate of a few posters here a little frightening actually. I suspect that if it wasn't focussed on cycling and Team Sky it would be focussed somewhere else, so with this all being relatively harmless I guess we should be thankful for small mercies.
User avatar macbindle

12 Jul 2018 21:51

So your willing to accept froome is a doper?
You just dont want any discussion of the details in the clinic. Just the facts mam.?
The above post is so typical nowadays. Used to be staunch defending of SKY/ Froome.
Now it's leave the poor lad alone.
User avatar mrhender

12 Jul 2018 21:56

This idea of CAS standard in the clinic is ridiculous.
If outright lies are posted. Report it. If your being harassed, report it. If the details are wrong/changing over time. Correct it. Perhaps file a hurt feelings report. Seems all you got?
User avatar mrhender

Re:

13 Jul 2018 04:06

mrhender wrote:So your willing to accept froome is a doper?
You just dont want any discussion of the details in the clinic. Just the facts mam.?
The above post is so typical nowadays. Used to be staunch defending of SKY/ Froome.
Now it's leave the poor lad alone.

You've asked me a question, but answered it yourself, then commented on the answer you gave on my behalf.

Standard straw man and pretty typical of the sort of post I was remarking upon. Total nonsense.
User avatar macbindle

Re:

13 Jul 2018 07:23

macbindle wrote:I don't think that is what he is getting at.

You know it is entirely possible to suspect (as I do) that Christopher Froome's athletic prowess is very far from natural and still think that a lot of what gets posted here is tinfoil hat stuff.

Being right about a fundamental point doesn't mean you are right about the details.

I find the obsessive fervent hate of a few posters here a little frightening actually. I suspect that if it wasn't focussed on cycling and Team Sky it would be focussed somewhere else, so with this all being relatively harmless I guess we should be thankful for small mercies.

IMO what really gets people going is Brailsford. As a Brit, I just find him an embarrassment. It's the smug superiority and bullshit hypocrisy, while either being ignorant of commonly known information, or lying, or both. The performance in Parliament was the final straw. Froome is just a useful idiot who is the most public face of it right now.
Winterfold

13 Jul 2018 07:36

I don't disagree, but at the same time you have to acknowledge that his team has won 7 Grand Tours in 6 years. That takes some doing, and despite his combatitive side with the press the guy clearly has some pretty good organisational skills. It's a bit like Armstrong...drugs had something to do with it but at the same time it wasnt just drugs. You also have to acknowledge that some of the best riders in the world choose to ride for Sky. The pariah nature of The team doesn't exist within the peloton, despite what some here would have you believe.

It's hard for some people to cope with that when they want simple, comfortable binaries of good vs evil.

He is full of sh1t though.
Last edited by macbindle on 13 Jul 2018 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar macbindle

Re:

13 Jul 2018 07:49

macbindle wrote:I don't disagree, but at the same time you have to acknowledge that his team has won 7 Grand Tours in 6 years. That takes some doing, and despite his combatitive side with the press the guy clearly has some pretty good organisational skills. It's a bit like Armstrong...drugs had something to do with it but at the same time it wasnt just drugs. You also have to acknowledge that some of the vest riders in the world choose to ride for Sky. The pariah nature of The team doesn't exist within the peloton, despite what some here would have you believe.

It's hard for some people to cope with that when they want simple, comfortable binaries of good vs evil.

That's not our province
we deal with the doper/clean binary
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

13 Jul 2018 08:13

No, you don't.
User avatar macbindle

13 Jul 2018 08:13

TourOfSardinia wrote:
macbindle wrote:I don't disagree, but at the same time you have to acknowledge that his team has won 7 Grand Tours in 6 years. That takes some doing, and despite his combatitive side with the press the guy clearly has some pretty good organisational skills. It's a bit like Armstrong...drugs had something to do with it but at the same time it wasnt just drugs. You also have to acknowledge that some of the vest riders in the world choose to ride for Sky. The pariah nature of The team doesn't exist within the peloton, despite what some here would have you believe.

That's not our province
we deal with the doper/clean binary

That's clearly not true. Otherwise there would be as many topics on the other teams as there are on sky. As I've been told many times by the tin hatters 'everyone is doping'.
Why isn't there a thread on how disgusting it is that Valverde keeps winning races at nearly 40, he shouldn't be racing at all, the cheating doping ****.
Why isn't there a thread on Nibali, he spent years riding for the dirtiest team in the peloton, always seems to get stronger when everyone else is weakening. We've seen how strong his moral code is when he hung on the back of the team car. Keep telling yourselves it's just doping, when you know deep down it's petty jealousy and xenophobia.
Singer01

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic