Log in:  

Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

10 Jun 2017 09:58

No_Balls wrote:Really doubting Froome will take it this year. Too much scrutiny and doubts whilst SKY is nowhere as strong as previous years.

Its either this or he'll just kill it lol.


I don't think we'll see a multi time TDF winner for a while, as they seem to win one, then magically disappear for a bit. Then, Miraculously show up later, when the smoke has cleared, but never win again.
User avatar 86TDFWinner
Member
 
Posts: 1,665
Joined: 11 Aug 2012 21:10
Location: Southern California

Re: Re:

10 Jun 2017 11:55

86TDFWinner wrote:
No_Balls wrote:Really doubting Froome will take it this year. Too much scrutiny and doubts whilst SKY is nowhere as strong as previous years.

Its either this or he'll just kill it lol.


I don't think we'll see a multi time TDF winner for a while, as they seem to win one, then magically disappear for a bit. Then, Miraculously show up later, when the smoke has cleared, but never win again.

Sky are just as strong, looks to me with all the interest they are just keeping it a little more low key. Landa smashed up the Giro, Thomas was on great form, Froome building nicely. The tour squad is insanely strong so Froome has to be favourite by a margin.
noddy69
Member
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 04 Oct 2011 07:37

Re: Froome Talk Only

10 Jun 2017 16:43

I don't buy it. He'll crush this TDF and everyone will be none the wiser. Downplay his chances so he can look like the comeback kid and appear clean. But that's me.
58teeth
Junior Member
 
Posts: 73
Joined: 30 Sep 2009 19:13

Re: Re:

10 Jun 2017 17:01

noddy69 wrote:
86TDFWinner wrote:
No_Balls wrote:Really doubting Froome will take it this year. Too much scrutiny and doubts whilst SKY is nowhere as strong as previous years.

Its either this or he'll just kill it lol.


I don't think we'll see a multi time TDF winner for a while, as they seem to win one, then magically disappear for a bit. Then, Miraculously show up later, when the smoke has cleared, but never win again.

Sky are just as strong, looks to me with all the interest they are just keeping it a little more low key. Landa smashed up the Giro, Thomas was on great form, Froome building nicely. The tour squad is insanely strong so Froome has to be favourite by a margin.

LOL what?????????
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,146
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Froome Talk Only

10 Jun 2017 18:56

58teeth wrote:I don't buy it. He'll crush this TDF and everyone will be none the wiser. Downplay his chances so he can look like the comeback kid and appear clean. But that's me.


Perhaps. But appear clean while winning? C'mon.

On the other hand it is possible that froome is actually timid because of the noise around him. Froome is nothing without the program. He has three tdfs in the bank and probably wants to retire with then. Not bad for someone Sky was about to fire.

But yeah, probably he just beats everyone as before.
User avatar meat puppet
Member
 
Posts: 1,856
Joined: 29 May 2011 06:57

Re: Froome Talk Only

11 Jun 2017 15:24

I guess what I meant is that they'll push some narrative that he's worked hard since the Dauphinè to get that form back on. I fully expect him to be alien and go absolutely unbelievable bonkers! He certainly won't look clean to us critics. I agree with you though!
58teeth
Junior Member
 
Posts: 73
Joined: 30 Sep 2009 19:13

11 Jun 2017 17:50

Flowers for Froomgernon



edit: spelling
Ironhead Slim
Junior Member
 
Posts: 85
Joined: 07 Jul 2015 17:48

11 Jun 2017 18:46

I know one shouldn't look at Froome and raise an eyebrow at his lack of performances this season after the travails of Sky, but it's very difficult not to want to join the dots
MmeDesgrange
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Joined: 10 Sep 2016 12:02

12 Jun 2017 03:51

It is tempting.

Beyond Froome - Sky have often ridden the Dauphine like they've ridden the tdf...with 4 or 5 top doms just drilling it over the climbs, at a tempo which makes it impossible to attack.

They rode this one pretty well tactically, but it has been nothing like previous years.

If they don't ride the tdf like they have before, then I think it's very reasonable to join some dots.
User avatar The Hegelian
Member
 
Posts: 591
Joined: 06 Jul 2014 09:18

Re: Re:

12 Jun 2017 11:45

rick james wrote:
noddy69 wrote:
86TDFWinner wrote:
No_Balls wrote:Really doubting Froome will take it this year. Too much scrutiny and doubts whilst SKY is nowhere as strong as previous years.

Its either this or he'll just kill it lol.


I don't think we'll see a multi time TDF winner for a while, as they seem to win one, then magically disappear for a bit. Then, Miraculously show up later, when the smoke has cleared, but never win again.

Sky are just as strong, looks to me with all the interest they are just keeping it a little more low key. Landa smashed up the Giro, Thomas was on great form, Froome building nicely. The tour squad is insanely strong so Froome has to be favourite by a margin.

LOL what?????????

Whats the LOL for ? Did you watch the last week ? I never said won the Giro, nor did I say a great GC in the Giro..but the mountain Jersey and how he did it was impressive after poor beginnings.
noddy69
Member
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 04 Oct 2011 07:37

12 Jun 2017 12:41

Sky look to be more disorganised this year. It can be no co-incidence that its becasue of the TUE/jiffy bag/corticosteroid stories since they have had a mediocre season up until now. It would be reasonable to presume that they will not be capable of turning this around before this years tour and the drifting of Brailsford into the background must have something to do with it.

Now we have the first signs of tension between Froome and Porte after listening to both their post race comments yesterday. Porte reckons Froome wanted to stop him winning the Dauphine whilst Froome more or less said that Porte couldn't handle the pressure of being the race leader and the pressure's that this brought, I think Froome sees himself as very much the boss in their relationship and Porte needs to know his place. I don't think Froome done anything wrong yesterday, surely that's what sport is about and Porte has to learn to deal with it.

As for the tour, I still see Froome as favourite but his team looks to be not as strong as in previous years. The one exception is Landa whose super human efforrts in the Giro would indicate that he will be Froome's main super dom come July.
ontheroad
Member
 
Posts: 681
Joined: 10 Oct 2012 18:04

Re:

12 Jun 2017 13:21

ontheroad wrote:Sky look to be more disorganised this year. It can be no co-incidence that its becasue of the TUE/jiffy bag/corticosteroid stories since they have had a mediocre season up until now. It would be reasonable to presume that they will not be capable of turning this around before this years tour and the drifting of Brailsford into the background must have something to do with it.

Now we have the first signs of tension between Froome and Porte after listening to both their post race comments yesterday. Porte reckons Froome wanted to stop him winning the Dauphine whilst Froome more or less said that Porte couldn't handle the pressure of being the race leader and the pressure's that this brought, I think Froome sees himself as very much the boss in their relationship and Porte needs to know his place. I don't think Froome done anything wrong yesterday, surely that's what sport is about and Porte has to learn to deal with it.

As for the tour, I still see Froome as favourite but his team looks to be not as strong as in previous years. The one exception is Landa whose super human efforrts in the Giro would indicate that he will be Froome's main super dom come July.


Froome and Porte is like Hamilton and Armstrong, i like it!
User avatar markene2
Member
 
Posts: 1,459
Joined: 07 Jan 2010 20:34

12 Jun 2017 17:10

This thread has more pages than the froome discussion thread...
portugal11
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,676
Joined: 05 Aug 2015 23:15

12 Jun 2017 17:44

Exactly as it should be, all things considered.
User avatar meat puppet
Member
 
Posts: 1,856
Joined: 29 May 2011 06:57

Re: Re:

12 Jun 2017 17:52

86TDFWinner wrote:
No_Balls wrote:Really doubting Froome will take it this year. Too much scrutiny and doubts whilst SKY is nowhere as strong as previous years.

Its either this or he'll just kill it lol.


I don't think we'll see a multi time TDF winner for a while, as they seem to win one, then magically disappear for a bit. Then, Miraculously show up later, when the smoke has cleared, but never win again.


I agree, because anytime a rider crushes it for some straight years, the level of suspicion raises.
User avatar masking_agent
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 06 Oct 2010 19:26

Re: Re:

12 Jun 2017 18:08

masking_agent wrote:
86TDFWinner wrote:
No_Balls wrote:Really doubting Froome will take it this year. Too much scrutiny and doubts whilst SKY is nowhere as strong as previous years.

Its either this or he'll just kill it lol.


I don't think we'll see a multi time TDF winner for a while, as they seem to win one, then magically disappear for a bit. Then, Miraculously show up later, when the smoke has cleared, but never win again.


I agree, because anytime a rider crushes it for some straight years, the level of suspicion raises.

Don't agree at all. Tour never been one for one time dopers. Recent history shows either multiple winners or riders in contention on multiple years, that not going to change.
noddy69
Member
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 04 Oct 2011 07:37

12 Jun 2017 18:40

Remember last year when Froome got 13 seconds on a descent on 1 stage and got 4 minutes on the tts and mountains. And then the entire British media was instructed by Brailsford to go with the narrative that Froome won the Tour de France by simply outdescending everyone thereby proving hes clean
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,714
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

Re:

12 Jun 2017 19:01

The Hitch wrote:Remember last year when Froome got 13 seconds on a descent on 1 stage and got 4 minutes on the tts and mountains. And then the entire British media was instructed by Brailsford to go with the narrative that Froome won the Tour de France by simply outdescending everyone thereby proving hes clean

and you just didn't make that up
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,146
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Re:

12 Jun 2017 20:20

rick james wrote:
The Hitch wrote:Remember last year when Froome got 13 seconds on a descent on 1 stage and got 4 minutes on the tts and mountains. And then the entire British media was instructed by Brailsford to go with the narrative that Froome won the Tour de France by simply outdescending everyone thereby proving hes clean

and you just didn't make that up

Obviously it's Hitch's opinion but there's a lot to be said about the way the British press covered last years Tour.

Although Brailsford did not "officially" instruct the British press to do anything, it seemed like they were spoon fed a narrative and never wavered.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,193
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Re:

12 Jun 2017 23:17

Irondan wrote:
rick james wrote:
The Hitch wrote:Remember last year when Froome got 13 seconds on a descent on 1 stage and got 4 minutes on the tts and mountains. And then the entire British media was instructed by Brailsford to go with the narrative that Froome won the Tour de France by simply outdescending everyone thereby proving hes clean

and you just didn't make that up

Obviously it's Hitch's opinion but there's a lot to be said about the way the British press covered last years Tour.

Although Brailsford did not "officially" instruct the British press to do anything, it seemed like they were spoon fed a narrative and never wavered.



Sounds very much like our press in the states during the Armstrong years, OLN/Versus, ESPN, NBC...
BullsFan22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,880
Joined: 22 Jun 2010 21:19

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Back to top