Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

Re:

10 Jul 2017 18:07

sniper wrote:Whatever is happening in pro-sport and pro-cycling at large, we can all agree that Froome is a very special case and that he, or rather certain people in his entourage, got very very greedy roundabouts 2011.

What sets Froome apart from many others, I think, is his background:
a young Kenyan/South African lad with little opportunities, with no father figure in his life, losing his mother in 2008, and then - the proverbial straw - about to loose his pro-contract (and, thereby, everything he'd worked for and dreamt of) in 2011...

So here's a guy with (a) nothing to loose, (b) an unexpected opportunity to ride the Vuelta; (c) all the motivation to go full retard and (d) a British passport.
Voila, a soon to be quadrupel tdf winner.

More than greedy, they got frustrated.
They believed Froome was more talented, but was fodder pack without dope.
Maybe Froome had a moral high ground for several years.
He knew he was going out.
No contract next year.. :rolleyes:
He did what he needed to do, what European boys start doing at 15.

The current state of cycling...Man. :Neutral:
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade

10 Jul 2017 18:15

Out of all the examples of Froome's words not matching his actions, the most glaring one is him signing a new contract with sky.

Utterly illogical given how Wiggins was pumped with Kenacort prior to the 2012 tour where Froome was the stronger rider. Froome would have every right to feel very bitter about that. He subsequently said enough in comments to the press that let the public know he was disappointed in the team but yet his actions haven't backed this up. Even offering words of praise for Brailsford on the eve of the tour. I would take anything said by Froome with a large pinch of salt.
ontheroad

Re:

10 Jul 2017 18:29

ontheroad wrote:Out of all the examples of Froome's words not matching his actions, the most glaring one is him signing a new contract with sky.

Utterly illogical given how Wiggins was pumped with Kenacort prior to the 2012 tour where Froome was the stronger rider. Froome would have every right to feel very bitter about that. He subsequently said enough in comments to the press that let the public know he was disappointed in the team but yet his actions haven't backed this up. Even offering words of praise for Brailsford on the eve of the tour. I would take anything said by Froome with a large pinch of salt.

Where can he get the Salary, resources and the Team outside of Sky?
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade

Re:

10 Jul 2017 18:39

ontheroad wrote:Out of all the examples of Froome's words not matching his actions, the most glaring one is him signing a new contract with sky.

The Jiffy bag story in the spring made it abundantly clear that the only one Chris Froome cares about is Chris Froome. In that light his actions in the case you brought up, make perfect sense. And everything he says or does should be interpreted through this filter. A true wolf in a sheeps skin, no doubt about that.
User avatar Põhja Konn

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2017 18:42

silvergrenade wrote:

Guarantee of not being busted was more likely a key issue.
User avatar Põhja Konn

10 Jul 2017 18:45

This old article give us all answer of his transformation.
http://www.businessinsider.com/chris-froome-weight-loss-tour-de-france-2016-7
tretiak

10 Jul 2017 19:01

I honestly don't know, ebandit.
Froome post-Vuelta'11 is a nobrainer. That's all drugs you can imagine plus top notch state of the art motordoping plus, as Pohja Kohn rightly notes, the guarantee of not getting popped.

Froome pre-Vuelta'11, otoh, is difficult to make sense of.
Can't be sure, but I'm assuming he was already on the high octane. You don't go from the SA cycling scene to Europe with ambitions such as Froome's but not taking EPO, HGH and steroids.
He may have upgraded that program, though. From high octane to high octane deluxe.
As for motors, I do think Barloworld were playing with them. But seems possible that Froome, not being Barloworld's main man, was not on them yet, or had to make do with a low-end model.
sniper
Veteran

10 Jul 2017 19:21

thanks! sniper.............i'm not much help my brains not big enough to understand such........

over at PRR i read...'of course berto can't keep up...........he's not the athlete that froomster is'

that's probaby it..................................LOL

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

10 Jul 2017 19:47

Last edited by Brian Butterfield on 15 Jul 2017 11:25, edited 2 times in total.
Brian Butterfield

10 Jul 2017 19:48

silvergrenade wrote:

BMC, Astana, Trek Segafredo, Team UAD, Katusha, Bahrain Meridia, and possibly Quickstep.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

10 Jul 2017 20:19

silvergrenade wrote:

There are plenty of other of top teams capable of offering a 3 x TDF winner an attractive package. Talk is cheap though and Froome carefully distancing himself from the inner workings of sky whilst simultaneously praising Brailsford, then subsequently signing a new contract is the equivalent of talking out of both sides of your mouth.
ontheroad

13 Jul 2017 07:34

Froome to pick up more time today on Bardet and Uran to give him enough space to do his signature move of a modest time loss on another climb, to try and make things look believable. With the relatively poor quality / condition of the remaining competitors he is having to ride so far within himself it is almost comical.

I'm personally convinced he has been capable of having the most watts on every TDF stage since 2012 but that he is intentionally choosing to sandbag and ride far more conservatively than in 2012-2013 to try and prevent things looking ludicrous. A simple but great strategy.
Fergoose

13 Jul 2017 09:20

Froome has now earned more yellow jerseys than Jacques Anquetil... words can't explain, how did this come to pass??? I feel nauseous!

Not many would have predicted that, certainly not many who watched the tour of Poland in 2011...
deeno1975

Re:

13 Jul 2017 10:15

deeno1975 wrote:Froome has now earned more yellow jerseys than Jacques Anquetil... words can't explain, how did this come to pass??? I feel nauseous!

Not many would have predicted that, certainly not many who watched the tour of Poland in 2011...

+1
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

13 Jul 2017 15:20

Time to break out the emergency supplies of BB's and batteries.... and I'll have whatever Landa is having...
deeno1975

Re: Froome Talk Only

13 Jul 2017 16:04

Explain that ? You can't can you :lol:
bigcog

13 Jul 2017 16:25

froome's prep has been influenced by the investigations, etc
User avatar meat puppet

Re: Froome Talk Only

13 Jul 2017 16:33

bigcog wrote:Explain that ? You can't can you :lol:

Looked like Froome was cruising with the bots and bang the battery ran out and we get the pre transformation Froome...
deeno1975

13 Jul 2017 16:46

Quick, he needs a recharge!
DanielSong39

13 Jul 2017 16:48

It's not so much that he was dropped by several riders and his own team mate but the extent of the amount of time that he lost in 300 metres (22 secs) and the zig zagging to the finish that is bizarre. Frooome has never made much sense though so it still wouldn't surprise me to see him reverse that form again before the end of the tour. He appeared to spend far more time out of the saddle than normal, I don't know what ever happened the marginal gain of climbing mountains in the saddle, it seems to have been ditched somewhat recently. The dynamic between landa and Froome will be interesting now, Landa looked as though he was out for a Sunday spin at the foot of the last climb it was like Froome and Wiggins in reverse from 5 years ago.
ontheroad

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic