Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

13 Jul 2017 16:50

If it was 2013 he would've won by 30 seconds with a 1000+ watt acceleration over the final 400m.
DanielSong39

Re:

13 Jul 2017 18:14

DanielSong39 wrote:If it was 2013 he would've won by 30 seconds with a 1000+ watt acceleration over the final 400m.

It's all about the bike swap
http://www.the42.ie/chris-froome-time-trial-tour-de-france-997493-Jul2013/
sniper
Veteran

13 Jul 2017 19:22

Froome did n't win, so Mods, you can close this thread! :)

Now where's the Landa thread ....
"Nuestra Pasión!" telenovela on Sept 21 - 09:00-13:00 Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Bergen.
User avatar Robert5091

13 Jul 2017 20:39

Interesting stage finish today.
May be all back to "normal" tomorrow, or we may see the final demise of the last 5 years strongest GT rider.
The team behind Froome definetely delivering as asked.
User avatar mrhender

14 Jul 2017 07:46

cyclisme-dopage.com‏ @cyclismedopage (Humour)

Le jury des commissaires se réunit. Froome pourrait être reclassé dans le même temps que Bardet.
(Cause panne moteur dans les 3 derniers km)

Tr: The Board of Commissioners meets. Froome could be reclassified at the same time as Bardet.
(Cause engine failure in the last 3 km)
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

Re:

14 Jul 2017 11:22

ontheroad wrote:It's not so much that he was dropped by several riders and his own team mate but the extent of the amount of time that he lost in 300 metres (22 secs) and the zig zagging to the finish that is bizarre. Frooome has never made much sense though so it still wouldn't surprise me to see him reverse that form again before the end of the tour. He appeared to spend far more time out of the saddle than normal, I don't know what ever happened the marginal gain of climbing mountains in the saddle, it seems to have been ditched somewhat recently. The dynamic between landa and Froome will be interesting now, Landa looked as though he was out for a Sunday spin at the foot of the last climb it was like Froome and Wiggins in reverse from 5 years ago.

Yeh - where was the ridiculous spinning cadence that we usually see....he was stomping on the pedals - totally different to usual.
User avatar Cycle Chic

Re: Re:

14 Jul 2017 11:43

Cycle Chic wrote:
ontheroad wrote:It's not so much that he was dropped by several riders and his own team mate but the extent of the amount of time that he lost in 300 metres (22 secs) and the zig zagging to the finish that is bizarre. Frooome has never made much sense though so it still wouldn't surprise me to see him reverse that form again before the end of the tour. He appeared to spend far more time out of the saddle than normal, I don't know what ever happened the marginal gain of climbing mountains in the saddle, it seems to have been ditched somewhat recently. The dynamic between landa and Froome will be interesting now, Landa looked as though he was out for a Sunday spin at the foot of the last climb it was like Froome and Wiggins in reverse from 5 years ago.

Yeh - where was the ridiculous spinning cadence that we usually see....he was stomping on the pedals - totally different to usual.

It looked really strange, like the battery or motor that power assists him went dead and he was left to his own devices... If he was physically blown you'd think he'd put it in a bigger dear and grind over the last few meters rather than zig zagging
deeno1975

14 Jul 2017 16:25

You got the unsettling feeling that it was - for a brief period - the real Froome we saw. If you are cracking you normally dont start to zig-zag like a madman, and you dont just simply crack straight out of the blue with 200 meters to go and finds out that you suddenly cant cope with the gradients.

Very uncomfortable.
User avatar No_Balls

14 Jul 2017 16:47

deeno1975 wrote:
Cycle Chic wrote:

It looked really strange, like the battery or motor that power assists him went dead and he was left to his own devices... If he was physically blown you'd think he'd put it in a bigger dear and grind over the last few meters rather than zig zagging

I must say, this was my first thought. It was as if something went 'pop'.
Maybe it was just him that went 'pop' :lol:
Electress

14 Jul 2017 19:20

Astana must have gotten hand of one of those "take out the motor"- thingies. Much like anti missile and what not works.
Maybe I'll get the Eurosport player after all.
Dr.Guess

Re:

14 Jul 2017 19:52

Dr.Guess wrote:Astana must have gotten hand of one of those "take out the motor"- thingies. Much like anti missile and what not works.

Astana sucks pretty bad apart from Aru, for sure worse than Sunweb at Giro.

Anyhow, its time for flushing a blood bag down the toilet on the rest day it seems. Landa is getting dangerous for Froome.
ppanther92

14 Jul 2017 20:58

ppanther92 wrote:
Dr.Guess wrote:Astana must have gotten hand of one of those "take out the motor"- thingies. Much like anti missile and what not works.

Anyhow, its time for flushing a blood bag down the toilet on the rest day it seems. Landa is getting dangerous for Froome.

Damn, just posted the same in the Landa thread without reading your comment... :D

great minds or fools........ :D
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

14 Jul 2017 21:15

Benotti69 wrote:
ppanther92 wrote:

Damn, just posted the same in the Landa thread without reading your comment... :D

great minds or fools........ :D

:D
ppanther92

Re: Froome Talk Only

15 Jul 2017 16:34

After today's stage 14, it looks like Sky and Froome have gotten the requisite sandbagging out of the way to keep the viewing audience engaged and will now lay down the stomp on the peloton from here on out, good and proper. :Neutral:
JosephK

15 Jul 2017 16:43

lol, good to see this bumped
rick james

15 Jul 2017 19:09

deeno1975 wrote:

It was a ridiculously steep climb. If it was a motor dying, then Froome apparently worried about it ahead of time, because the US commentators were saying that he predicted big losses if people lost it in the last 300 m. I think he even predicted that you'd have to ziz-zag in order to keep going.
Steve K
Newly Registered Member

15 Jul 2017 19:15

If he wins a 4th tour commentators will surely have to begin labelling him the great Christopher Froome. Could make a strong case forhim being the greatest clean cyclist of all time.
ontheroad

Re:

15 Jul 2017 21:55

<s>If he wins a 4th tour commentators will surely have to begin labelling him the great Christopher Froome. Could make a strong case forhim being the greatest clean cyclist of all time.</s>

Fixed.
Ironhead Slim

16 Jul 2017 15:03

I hope Froome loses more than two minutes on that puncture so he has to concoct the most potent elixir of EPO, peptides, blood bags and battery acid ever created for Izoard. A small time loss won't matter because of the TT, but a big time loss means he'll have to go full mutant on both stages.
User avatar Saint Unix

Re:

16 Jul 2017 15:26

Saint Unix wrote:I hope Froome loses more than two minutes on that puncture so he has to concoct the most potent elixir of EPO, peptides, blood bags and battery acid ever created for Izoard. A small time loss won't matter because of the TT, but a big time loss means he'll have to go full mutant on both stages.

I'm not watching, but reading the CyclingNews feed. Sounds bizarre. Ag2R goes full gas and Froome starts getting dropped. He's behind by 48 seconds and out of the yellow jersey. Takes a bike change. He's then able to close the gap on the climb.

In writing it sounds weird and suspicious. Anybody want to chime in on how it looked?

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic