Log in:  

Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Froome Talk Only

12 Jan 2018 15:10

Alpe73 wrote:
red_flanders wrote:
movingtarget wrote:
thehook wrote:Pretty interesting and enlightening comments. In an interview on this site. By Katie Compton. If you have followed her career. She has been an asthmatic. And has had many big races where she had sub par results due to it. She is arguably the greatest women CX rider ever. Definitely in the USA.

Really worth a read. Sheds a lot of light on what a TRUE asthmatic deals with as a PRO Rider.
IMHO


An asthmatic is an asthmatic but it's obvious her condition is more chronic than Froome's and probably not just exercise induced.


It’s not obvious to me that Froome even has asthma, let alone that I know how serious it is or isn’t. Not sure how the severity of his alleged condition could be obvious to anyone. I mean unless you take what Froome says at face value, which has been proven to be folly, so I assume no one would simply accept his story.


You’re a veritable Telepathology Clinic, R.F.

FFS ... :rolleyes:


If that's your best effort to respond to my comments, I'll suggest that I'm unswayed by your...argument.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,090
Joined: 03 Apr 2009 06:45

Re: Re:

12 Jan 2018 17:01

glassmoon wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Gazzetta is reporting that Froome just fell off his bike training in SA.
As http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/12-01-2018/froome-proprio-anno-nero-cade-allenamento-sudafrica-240856889029.shtml
(italiano)
Froome was heavily hit on the left side of the body, with obvious abrasions at the elbow and hip.
:(

How is it clinic related?
Unless he crashed while reaching for his inhaler ;)



Froome has racked up 2,000 kilometres since arriving in South Africa after Christmas. He has ridden every day so far in January, hitting 150km on all but two outings.

There was no sign of a hangover on New Year's Day as he covered 157km in an interval session. The following day he clocked 200km, switching between his road, time trial, and mountain bikes. There have been just two recovery rides out of the 11 days of riding this year, and he has made a habit of heading out early in the mornings.

His longest ride came on January 7 when he rode 224.5km at an average speed of a shade under 38km/h - in the region of the speed at which Tour de France stages of similar length could be expected to be completed.



Fact is that South Africa does not have a credited WADA lab to begin with, and yet, He's capable of putting such kilometers in his legs already? and BTW- Is Froome being "motopaced" or is the "motor" pacing his rides?
User avatar hfer07
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,692
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 15:43

Re: Re:

12 Jan 2018 17:13

hfer07 wrote:
glassmoon wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Gazzetta is reporting that Froome just fell off his bike training in SA.
As http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/12-01-2018/froome-proprio-anno-nero-cade-allenamento-sudafrica-240856889029.shtml
(italiano)
Froome was heavily hit on the left side of the body, with obvious abrasions at the elbow and hip.
:(

How is it clinic related?
Unless he crashed while reaching for his inhaler ;)



Froome has racked up 2,000 kilometres since arriving in South Africa after Christmas. He has ridden every day so far in January, hitting 150km on all but two outings.

There was no sign of a hangover on New Year's Day as he covered 157km in an interval session. The following day he clocked 200km, switching between his road, time trial, and mountain bikes. There have been just two recovery rides out of the 11 days of riding this year, and he has made a habit of heading out early in the mornings.

His longest ride came on January 7 when he rode 224.5km at an average speed of a shade under 38km/h - in the region of the speed at which Tour de France stages of similar length could be expected to be completed.



Fact is that South Africa does not have a credited WADA lab to begin with, and yet, He's capable of putting such kilometers in his legs already? and BTW- Is Froome being "motopaced" or is the "motor" pacing his rides?


he lived, studied, began racing and raced there. his wife has relatives there, he often travelled there in the past. he´s been winter training in South-Africa for the 4th year running, the first 2 years south africa had a working lab. from last year not anymore. every pro-rider fills his whereabouts in the ADAMS system. they know he´s there.
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,331
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Re:

12 Jan 2018 18:29

hfer07 wrote:
glassmoon wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Gazzetta is reporting that Froome just fell off his bike training in SA.
As http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/12-01-2018/froome-proprio-anno-nero-cade-allenamento-sudafrica-240856889029.shtml
(italiano)
Froome was heavily hit on the left side of the body, with obvious abrasions at the elbow and hip.
:(

How is it clinic related?
Unless he crashed while reaching for his inhaler ;)



Froome has racked up 2,000 kilometres since arriving in South Africa after Christmas. He has ridden every day so far in January, hitting 150km on all but two outings.

There was no sign of a hangover on New Year's Day as he covered 157km in an interval session. The following day he clocked 200km, switching between his road, time trial, and mountain bikes. There have been just two recovery rides out of the 11 days of riding this year, and he has made a habit of heading out early in the mornings.

His longest ride came on January 7 when he rode 224.5km at an average speed of a shade under 38km/h - in the region of the speed at which Tour de France stages of similar length could be expected to be completed.



Fact is that South Africa does not have a credited WADA lab to begin with, and yet, He's capable of putting such kilometers in his legs already? and BTW- Is Froome being "motopaced" or is the "motor" pacing his rides?

he's sure hiding from the anti doping guys by posting all his rides to Strava...not the hidden cyclist I've ever seen to be fair
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,418
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Re:

12 Jan 2018 18:32

rick james wrote:
hfer07 wrote:
glassmoon wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Gazzetta is reporting that Froome just fell off his bike training in SA.
As http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/12-01-2018/froome-proprio-anno-nero-cade-allenamento-sudafrica-240856889029.shtml
(italiano)
Froome was heavily hit on the left side of the body, with obvious abrasions at the elbow and hip.
:(

How is it clinic related?
Unless he crashed while reaching for his inhaler ;)



Froome has racked up 2,000 kilometres since arriving in South Africa after Christmas. He has ridden every day so far in January, hitting 150km on all but two outings.

There was no sign of a hangover on New Year's Day as he covered 157km in an interval session. The following day he clocked 200km, switching between his road, time trial, and mountain bikes. There have been just two recovery rides out of the 11 days of riding this year, and he has made a habit of heading out early in the mornings.

His longest ride came on January 7 when he rode 224.5km at an average speed of a shade under 38km/h - in the region of the speed at which Tour de France stages of similar length could be expected to be completed.



Fact is that South Africa does not have a credited WADA lab to begin with, and yet, He's capable of putting such kilometers in his legs already? and BTW- Is Froome being "motopaced" or is the "motor" pacing his rides?

he's sure hiding from the anti doping guys by posting all his rides to Strava...not the hidden cyclist I've ever seen to be fair


Yeah Strava that bastion of honesty. Easy to prove a rider is clean, just look at their strava! I mean all ADA's have to do see if someone is doping is to just look at his strava, it is genius. Rick you are a genius!!!
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,516
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

12 Jan 2018 18:52

Olaf Ludwig, former team boss of Jan Ullrich says:

"If cycling still wants to claim a bit of credibility, it has to be done and the decision must be made before the start of the season"

"I'm not a medical doctor, but I can not imagine how Froome wants to explain double the legal value, you can not suspend the Italian Ulissi years ago in a similar case and do nothing with Froome. Especially because he has always stood for transparency"

https://www.google.ro/amp/s/amp.volksstimme.de/radsport/news/ex-radprofi-ludwig-fordert-sanktionen-gegen-froome/1515760995000
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,530
Joined: 11 May 2013 10:59

12 Jan 2018 19:00

Another German, this time Jan Frodeno, big triathlete champion tweets:

With that being said, I‘m off to Europe for a couple of days. No giving birth without me @emmasnowsill - apparently Salbutamol helps relax contractions. Any word on that @chrisfroome ?
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,530
Joined: 11 May 2013 10:59

Re: Re:

12 Jan 2018 19:08

hfer07 wrote:
glassmoon wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Gazzetta is reporting that Froome just fell off his bike training in SA.
As http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/12-01-2018/froome-proprio-anno-nero-cade-allenamento-sudafrica-240856889029.shtml
(italiano)
Froome was heavily hit on the left side of the body, with obvious abrasions at the elbow and hip.
:(

How is it clinic related?
Unless he crashed while reaching for his inhaler ;)



Froome has racked up 2,000 kilometres since arriving in South Africa after Christmas. He has ridden every day so far in January, hitting 150km on all but two outings.

There was no sign of a hangover on New Year's Day as he covered 157km in an interval session. The following day he clocked 200km, switching between his road, time trial, and mountain bikes. There have been just two recovery rides out of the 11 days of riding this year, and he has made a habit of heading out early in the mornings.

His longest ride came on January 7 when he rode 224.5km at an average speed of a shade under 38km/h - in the region of the speed at which Tour de France stages of similar length could be expected to be completed.



Fact is that South Africa does not have a credited WADA lab to begin with, and yet, He's capable of putting such kilometers in his legs already? and BTW- Is Froome being "motopaced" or is the "motor" pacing his rides?


I'm getting confused now; what exactly are we supposed to be feigning surprise at/ being suspicious of......that a guy who grew up in South Africa is spending some time in South Africa to escape winter in the Northern hemisphere?

Or that a WT level pro cyclist is capable of doing long rides, on multiple back to back days in January?

I'm shocked :confused:
brownbobby
Member
 
Posts: 886
Joined: 27 Sep 2017 07:14

Re: Re:

12 Jan 2018 19:11

rick james wrote:
hfer07 wrote:
glassmoon wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Gazzetta is reporting that Froome just fell off his bike training in SA.
As http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/12-01-2018/froome-proprio-anno-nero-cade-allenamento-sudafrica-240856889029.shtml
(italiano)
Froome was heavily hit on the left side of the body, with obvious abrasions at the elbow and hip.
:(

How is it clinic related?
Unless he crashed while reaching for his inhaler ;)



Froome has racked up 2,000 kilometres since arriving in South Africa after Christmas. He has ridden every day so far in January, hitting 150km on all but two outings.

There was no sign of a hangover on New Year's Day as he covered 157km in an interval session. The following day he clocked 200km, switching between his road, time trial, and mountain bikes. There have been just two recovery rides out of the 11 days of riding this year, and he has made a habit of heading out early in the mornings.

His longest ride came on January 7 when he rode 224.5km at an average speed of a shade under 38km/h - in the region of the speed at which Tour de France stages of similar length could be expected to be completed.



Fact is that South Africa does not have a credited WADA lab to begin with, and yet, He's capable of putting such kilometers in his legs already? and BTW- Is Froome being "motopaced" or is the "motor" pacing his rides?

he's sure hiding from the anti doping guys by posting all his rides to Strava...not the hidden cyclist I've ever seen to be fair


Who said he's hiding? The obvious point here is that the way doping works is to dope during training, so you can train longer, harder. It's all about recovery.

The "Chris Froome trains harder than everyone" narrative is meant to give his fans something to hang on to which explains his ridiculous performances. To anyone who knows anything about doping it just puts out another red flag.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,090
Joined: 03 Apr 2009 06:45

Re: Re:

12 Jan 2018 19:36

Benotti69 wrote:
rick james wrote:
hfer07 wrote:
glassmoon wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Gazzetta is reporting that Froome just fell off his bike training in SA.
As http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/12-01-2018/froome-proprio-anno-nero-cade-allenamento-sudafrica-240856889029.shtml
(italiano)
Froome was heavily hit on the left side of the body, with obvious abrasions at the elbow and hip.
:(

How is it clinic related?
Unless he crashed while reaching for his inhaler ;)



Froome has racked up 2,000 kilometres since arriving in South Africa after Christmas. He has ridden every day so far in January, hitting 150km on all but two outings.

There was no sign of a hangover on New Year's Day as he covered 157km in an interval session. The following day he clocked 200km, switching between his road, time trial, and mountain bikes. There have been just two recovery rides out of the 11 days of riding this year, and he has made a habit of heading out early in the mornings.

His longest ride came on January 7 when he rode 224.5km at an average speed of a shade under 38km/h - in the region of the speed at which Tour de France stages of similar length could be expected to be completed.



Fact is that South Africa does not have a credited WADA lab to begin with, and yet, He's capable of putting such kilometers in his legs already? and BTW- Is Froome being "motopaced" or is the "motor" pacing his rides?

he's sure hiding from the anti doping guys by posting all his rides to Strava...not the hidden cyclist I've ever seen to be fair


Yeah Strava that bastion of honesty. Easy to prove a rider is clean, just look at their strava! I mean all ADA's have to do see if someone is doping is to just look at his strava, it is genius. Rick you are a genius!!!


Lol, Froome Dawg = Strava doper
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,418
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

12 Jan 2018 19:43

He's took quite a few KOM's this week. I'm surprised this hasn't caused outrage in some quarters :lol:
brownbobby
Member
 
Posts: 886
Joined: 27 Sep 2017 07:14

Re:

12 Jan 2018 20:32

brownbobby wrote:He's took quite a few KOM's this week. I'm surprised this hasn't caused outrage in some quarters :lol:

A few extra puff's and it will be gold trophies all day
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,418
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Froome Talk Only

12 Jan 2018 22:58

I think all the people who have come out saying the case needs to be resolved quickly have had an effect. In addition to riders, former riders, team directors, et al, there have been at least three major officials, Vegni, Prudhomme, and Di Rocco. Why has Froome decided to take a lab test he probably can’t pass, and if which he doesn’t pass, will almost certainly result in a suspension that sidelines him for the Giro if not the Tour? I think it’s because of the pressure, which has affected CADF, too. The WADA code does say that hearings should be held in a reasonable amount of time, and it wouldn’t surprise me if CADF said to Froome, you either have to have a hearing before the Giro, or take it to CAS. He would probably have a better chance at CAS, but then he would have to ride with the case unsettled, and face all that negative publicity.
Merckx index
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,757
Joined: 27 Jul 2010 19:19

Re: Re:

12 Jan 2018 23:24

Lol, Froome Dawg = Strava doper

Is the crash gonna be on Strava?
I don't do that competition website, but one of my own favorite TrainingPeaks data files is the one in which I go from speed of 29 MPH to zero MPH in two seconds. I still have scars on my forearm, elbow, and knee from that one
ClassicomanoLuigi
Member
 
Posts: 536
Joined: 06 Jul 2016 03:20

Re: Froome Talk Only

12 Jan 2018 23:36

Merckx index wrote:I think all the people who have come out saying the case needs to be resolved quickly have had an effect. In addition to riders, former riders, team directors, et al, there have been at least three major officials, Vegni, Prudhomme, and Di Rocco. Why has Froome decided to take a lab test he probably can’t pass, and if which he doesn’t pass, will almost certainly result in a suspension that sidelines him for the Giro if not the Tour? I think it’s because of the pressure, which has affected CADF, too. The WADA code does say that hearings should be held in a reasonable amount of time, and it wouldn’t surprise me if CADF said to Froome, you either have to have a hearing before the Giro, or take it to CAS. He would probably have a better chance at CAS, but then he would have to ride with the case unsettled, and face all that negative publicity.


I don't think he has a choice of not taking the test. From WADA prohibited list:

The presence in urine of salbutamol in excess of 1000 ng/mL or formoterol in excess of 40 ng/mL is not consistent with therapeutic use of the substance and will be considered as an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) unless the Athlete proves,
through a controlled pharmacokinetic study, that the
abnormal result was the consequence of a therapeutic dose (by inhalation) up to the maximum dose indicated above.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,530
Joined: 11 May 2013 10:59

Re: Froome Talk Only

13 Jan 2018 07:09

red_flanders wrote:
Alpe73 wrote:
red_flanders wrote:
movingtarget wrote:
thehook wrote:Pretty interesting and enlightening comments. In an interview on this site. By Katie Compton. If you have followed her career. She has been an asthmatic. And has had many big races where she had sub par results due to it. She is arguably the greatest women CX rider ever. Definitely in the USA.

Really worth a read. Sheds a lot of light on what a TRUE asthmatic deals with as a PRO Rider.
IMHO


An asthmatic is an asthmatic but it's obvious her condition is more chronic than Froome's and probably not just exercise induced.


It’s not obvious to me that Froome even has asthma, let alone that I know how serious it is or isn’t. Not sure how the severity of his alleged condition could be obvious to anyone. I mean unless you take what Froome says at face value, which has been proven to be folly, so I assume no one would simply accept his story.


You’re a veritable Telepathology Clinic, R.F.

FFS ... :rolleyes:


If that's your best effort to respond to my comments, I'll suggest that I'm unswayed by your...argument.


Oh ... the argument is there alright. Maybe when you have both barrels blasting ...you miss nuanced discourse.

Moreover ... not trying to ‘sway’ you; you’re seemingly unswayable on this issue.

I AM trying to discredit your opinion, your argument ... so that its silliness doesn’t spread to others. That’s fair, that’s on the ball in the spirit of ... argument.
Alpe73
Member
 
Posts: 694
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 01:23

Re: Re:

13 Jan 2018 07:53

Benotti69 wrote:
rick james wrote:
hfer07 wrote:
glassmoon wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Gazzetta is reporting that Froome just fell off his bike training in SA.
As http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/12-01-2018/froome-proprio-anno-nero-cade-allenamento-sudafrica-240856889029.shtml
(italiano)
Froome was heavily hit on the left side of the body, with obvious abrasions at the elbow and hip.
:(

How is it clinic related?
Unless he crashed while reaching for his inhaler ;)



Froome has racked up 2,000 kilometres since arriving in South Africa after Christmas. He has ridden every day so far in January, hitting 150km on all but two outings.

There was no sign of a hangover on New Year's Day as he covered 157km in an interval session. The following day he clocked 200km, switching between his road, time trial, and mountain bikes. There have been just two recovery rides out of the 11 days of riding this year, and he has made a habit of heading out early in the mornings.

His longest ride came on January 7 when he rode 224.5km at an average speed of a shade under 38km/h - in the region of the speed at which Tour de France stages of similar length could be expected to be completed.



Fact is that South Africa does not have a credited WADA lab to begin with, and yet, He's capable of putting such kilometers in his legs already? and BTW- Is Froome being "motopaced" or is the "motor" pacing his rides?

he's sure hiding from the anti doping guys by posting all his rides to Strava...not the hidden cyclist I've ever seen to be fair


Yeah Strava that bastion of honesty. Easy to prove a rider is clean, just look at their strava! I mean all ADA's have to do see if someone is doping is to just look at his strava, it is genius. Rick you are a genius!!!


Funny thing is, it seems certain people are ok posting up Strava files when they believe it provides further evidence that Froome's dishonest and cheating. But when it's used for the reverse, it gets the short shrift it deserves.

I don't know why this surprises me...
brownbobby
Member
 
Posts: 886
Joined: 27 Sep 2017 07:14

Re: Re:

13 Jan 2018 09:09

brownbobby wrote:
hfer07 wrote:
glassmoon wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Gazzetta is reporting that Froome just fell off his bike training in SA.
As http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/12-01-2018/froome-proprio-anno-nero-cade-allenamento-sudafrica-240856889029.shtml
(italiano)
Froome was heavily hit on the left side of the body, with obvious abrasions at the elbow and hip.
:(

How is it clinic related?
Unless he crashed while reaching for his inhaler ;)



Froome has racked up 2,000 kilometres since arriving in South Africa after Christmas. He has ridden every day so far in January, hitting 150km on all but two outings.

There was no sign of a hangover on New Year's Day as he covered 157km in an interval session. The following day he clocked 200km, switching between his road, time trial, and mountain bikes. There have been just two recovery rides out of the 11 days of riding this year, and he has made a habit of heading out early in the mornings.

His longest ride came on January 7 when he rode 224.5km at an average speed of a shade under 38km/h - in the region of the speed at which Tour de France stages of similar length could be expected to be completed.



Fact is that South Africa does not have a credited WADA lab to begin with, and yet, He's capable of putting such kilometers in his legs already? and BTW- Is Froome being "motopaced" or is the "motor" pacing his rides?


I'm getting confused now; what exactly are we supposed to be feigning surprise at/ being suspicious of......that a guy who grew up in South Africa is spending some time in South Africa to escape winter in the Northern hemisphere?

Or that a WT level pro cyclist is capable of doing long rides, on multiple back to back days in January?

I'm shocked :confused:

Hmm. Two 1000km weeks in a row, almost at PRO race pace. In January.

I hope for his sake it’s sitting on the wheel of a scooter...
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,901
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

Re: Froome Talk Only

13 Jan 2018 11:30

Merckx index wrote:I think all the people who have come out saying the case needs to be resolved quickly have had an effect. In addition to riders, former riders, team directors, et al, there have been at least three major officials, Vegni, Prudhomme, and Di Rocco. Why has Froome decided to take a lab test he probably can’t pass, and if which he doesn’t pass, will almost certainly result in a suspension that sidelines him for the Giro if not the Tour? I think it’s because of the pressure, which has affected CADF, too. The WADA code does say that hearings should be held in a reasonable amount of time, and it wouldn’t surprise me if CADF said to Froome, you either have to have a hearing before the Giro, or take it to CAS. He would probably have a better chance at CAS, but then he would have to ride with the case unsettled, and face all that negative publicity.



Is he definitely doing This test? Can't find anything on web.
User avatar Poursuivant
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,045
Joined: 07 Jun 2011 18:19

Re: Froome Talk Only

13 Jan 2018 12:06

Looks like he's as far as possible, simply recreating the TSS of riding the Vuelta again before his test. We'll assume following whatever potocol he claims to have been using for the previous 16 days in the actual race before his AAF. If his Strava rides end on day 16 or 17, that would be my guess. Saying that, if he's racing Giro he will be hitting the big miles now, not in 2 months time when it will be too late.
samhocking
Member
 
Posts: 1,863
Joined: 13 Mar 2013 22:44

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EdgarWinner, Google [Bot] and 13 guests

Back to top