Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Froome Talk Only

12 Mar 2018 12:30

Merckx index wrote:My original point stands, though. He hasn’t been riding that well. Now what that means can be debated, but it seems to me worthy of mention. If he isn't trying to be competitive, I'm not sure I see why he would feel entering the race was so necessary that it would be worth tolerating all the anger directed at him.

luckily the pro-cycling peloton is not twitter or the Clinic. a few riders and directeurs sportifs talked against Froome decision to ride, fair, I also would have preferred he trained at home.
but "all the anger" is on here, on the web, some fan on the road dressed as a ventolin puffer. and some strong newspapers articles.
pro-riders pedal and put their head down, and the peloton cant afford to be so vocal against one of its members. Fuglsang, as an example, explained he understood more about Froome´s situation after talking with him (people will say Fuglsang is a kunt or lying or whatever)
fans on the road luckily are the biggest part of people following. we on here and twitter are maybe the 1%, so our anger or support matters to us, not much out there.
pastronef

12 Mar 2018 12:54

pastronef wrote:
Merckx index wrote:My original point stands, though. He hasn’t been riding that well. Now what that means can be debated, but it seems to me worthy of mention. If he isn't trying to be competitive, I'm not sure I see why he would feel entering the race was so necessary that it would be worth tolerating all the anger directed at him.

luckily the pro-cycling peloton is not twitter or the Clinic. a few riders and directeurs sportifs talked against Froome decision to ride, fair, I also would have preferred he trained at home.
but "all the anger" is on here, on the web, some fan on the road dressed as a ventolin puffer. and some strong newspapers articles.
pro-riders pedal and put their head down, and the peloton cant afford to be so vocal against one of its members. Fuglsang, as an example, explained he understood more about Froome´s situation after talking with him (people will say Fuglsang is a kunt or lying or whatever)
fans on the road luckily are the biggest part of people following. we on here and twitter are maybe the 1%, so our anger or support matters to us, not much out there.

Training is training and racing is racing.....wether he's racing for the win or not, its still an important part of the build up towards the real goals being targeted later in the year. There's only so much race prep you can simulate training solo or in small groups.

And as i recall, by previous years standards, he had a pretty wretched early season last year to the point i thought he'd screwed something up in his prep...turned out he and the coaches knew better than me.
brownbobby

12 Mar 2018 13:09

pastronef wrote:

you got truth, P. :)
Alpe73

12 Mar 2018 13:14

brownbobby wrote:
pastronef wrote:

Training is training and racing is racing.....wether he's racing for the win or not, its still an important part of the build up towards the real goals being targeted later in the year. There's only so much race prep you can simulate training solo or in small groups.

And as i recall, by previous years standards, he had a pretty wretched early season last year to the point i thought he'd screwed something up in his prep...turned out he and the coaches knew better than me.
You can prove anything with stats. So let's look at his early season CQ points tally:

2018: 48
2017: 50
2016: 143
2015: 146
2014: 193
2013: 216

Conclusion? he's getting more rubbish each year...in a couple of years, he won't even register.
User avatar fmk_RoI

12 Mar 2018 13:23

pastronef wrote:

so Fuslang is given information (which he repeats selectively to journos) about Froome's defence which Froome (for reasons of confidentiality we assume) can't share with anyone else? Sounds legit.......
gillan1969

12 Mar 2018 13:52

fmk_RoI wrote:
brownbobby wrote:
pastronef wrote:

You can prove anything with stats. So let's look at his early season CQ points tally:

Conclusion? he's getting more rubbish each year...in a couple of years, he won't even register.

for context, lets have a week look at what he did early season, before the post-Poland transformation

2007: 7
2008: 43
2009: 36
2010: 39
2011: 0
gillan1969

12 Mar 2018 14:03

gillan1969 wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
brownbobby wrote:
pastronef wrote:

for context, lets have a week look at what he did early season, before the post-Poland transformation

2007: 7
2008: 43
2009: 36
2010: 39
2011: 0
As I thought. Proof that black is polka-dot orange with a twist of green.
Last edited by fmk_RoI on 12 Mar 2018 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar fmk_RoI

12 Mar 2018 15:19

fmk_RoI wrote:As I though. Proof that black is polka-dot orange with a twist of green.

Now plot that against number of days racing... Black and white all of a sudden become more recognizable.

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

12 Mar 2018 16:11

ScienceIsCool wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:As I though. Proof that black is polka-dot orange with a twist of green.

Now plot that against number of days racing... Black and white all of a sudden become more recognizable.

John Swanson

I thought it was perhaps the colours of a new leaders jersey.....Best performing rider with (serious) ailments :D
gillan1969

12 Mar 2018 16:13

gillan1969 wrote:
ScienceIsCool wrote:

John Swanson

I thought it was perhaps the colours of a new leaders jersey.....Best performing rider with (serious) ailments :D
Sponsored by Merck...
User avatar fmk_RoI

12 Mar 2018 19:08

This guy, always changing a wheel!?! :cool:

Is Froome being target tested?

User avatar thehog
Veteran

12 Mar 2018 19:19

What on earth is that even supposed to mean? How does a mechanical "hide how exposed he was"? What exposure? To what? From what?

Imagine this venerable journalist had actually watched the stage in question and seen Froome ride in with his buddy Bettiol: https://streamable.com/4lo92

Surely theres a headline in that? Froome looking for an "italian connection"?
hazaran

Re:

12 Mar 2018 20:33

hazaran wrote:What on earth is that even supposed to mean? How does a mechanical "hide how exposed he was"? What exposure? To what? From what?

Imagine this venerable journalist had actually watched the stage in question and seen Froome ride in with his buddy Bettiol: https://streamable.com/4lo92

Surely theres a headline in that? Froome looking for an "italian connection"?

and above all the climate and the anger towards him in the peloton has to be unbearable, look at how Bettiol refused to talk with him and R.Dennis didnt even joke ;)
pastronef

12 Mar 2018 20:49

He deffo had a Puncture.
User avatar MartinGT

12 Mar 2018 21:00

I for one am warming to this new Froome
more please.
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

Re:

12 Mar 2018 21:34

TourOfSardinia wrote:I for one am warming to this new Froome
more please.

Me as well I could get used to this new old Froome.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re:

12 Mar 2018 21:48

more please.

New Froome? It’s the old Froome, pre-Vuelta transformation Dawg :geek:

I like him too, hopefully we’ll get to see some zig zagging up climbs again. Perhaps riding his TT bike into an official off the ramp?
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re: Re:

12 Mar 2018 21:52

thehog wrote:
more please.

I like him too, hopefully we’ll get to see some zig zagging up climbs again. Perhaps riding his TT bike into an official off the ramp?

And hanging onto motorbikes.
User avatar ruamruam

12 Mar 2018 22:46

Why is Froome racing like a donkey from Barloworld
He's become a defiant anti-hero who is fighting an unfair system
Wrongly accused, Froome turned Lappartient into the bad guy and the WADA rules are simply a false accusation
He even followed those rules, is using due process
A substance that has no PE its the Code that needs changing because unfair
Great Hero is the victim of a hunt...
User avatar 70kmph

Re: Re:

12 Mar 2018 22:52

ruamruam wrote:
thehog wrote:
more please.

And hanging onto motorbikes.

Froome in sandshoes finishing 27th in a time trial, I’d pay to see that. He’d be my number one cycling hero :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic