Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

13 May 2018 07:28

wirral wrote:I don't know what to make of Froome's performance on stage 8, particularly his wobbling and bumping. (He was wobbling way before he crashed) My credulity is stretched beyond all limits. This is someone who has ridden professionally for years and is a multiple grand tour winner.

I think crashing, what is it, three times now, with a obviously dodgy right knee, a Sky train that for once, is not having it all their own way, and mostly, this enormous mental strain he's under.. I don't know what his caper is, but he looked truly cooked and stressed out at the end of yesterday's stage... no amount of tramadol can help that..
If he comes unstuck again on the Sasso today,and with the predicted rain and 2C temps, it might be enough to really knock him over if the other teams smell blood..
User avatar S2Sturges

13 May 2018 08:17

The utility of his low-fat approach is reduced
in the Giro when in May the mountains freeze your chest
Kinda:
(Tour) If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
(Giro) If you can't stand the cold get out of the chest freezer.
;)
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

13 May 2018 08:51

Froome will be rattling with all the pain-killers when he goes to sign on :D - expect extra many Sky helpers out on the course with bidons ...
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re: Re:

13 May 2018 09:21

spiritualride wrote:
Craigee wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
It's going to be a long, long Giro if every single crash merits a post. And I presume speculation as to what drugs caused it...

They'll all be on tramadol and all other legal pain killers known to man kind, which could lead to crashes. It's been confirmed that Sky and British Cycling use tramadol on all their athletes.

I'm surprised at the lack of outcry about the tramadol use by the team. It's a very serious drug. An opiate and an antidepressant. Daily use causes opioid dependence just like any other opioid such as oxycodone or heroin. Using tramadol regularly when it is not necessary, such as when you're feeling well enough to be an elite pro cyclist, is dangerous for long term health due to the risk of addiction.

It's not rare to go from tramadol to heroin... in fact most heroin addicts started with pills like tramadol. Tramadol addiction is really common in some parts of the world like the Gaza Strip and Egypt. Tramadol can affect personality too, because you're doped up on an opioid while also being influenced by the oddities of serotonin and nor-epinephrine changes. I say this from personal experience having formerly used tramadol. So if you or anyone you know uses tramadol, please consider the risks.

What ? So we now have to look for track lines on Sky riders arms ? :D
bigcog

Re:

13 May 2018 10:49

TourOfSardinia wrote:The utility of his low-fat approach is reduced
Kinda:
;)

Ryder also paid for it in 2013 when he showed up at around 68kg at the start of the Giro, he could now longer cope with the bad weather.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

Re: Froome Talk Only

13 May 2018 15:07

Dawg lost over a minute today. He will pull out now citing injuries sustained during the TT recon. But we all know its because he's riding pan y agua now uncle Cooky has gone.
User avatar MartinGT

13 May 2018 15:21

Barloworld Froome is back! He does not look even skeletal anymore
gmedina

13 May 2018 15:28

Nice to see the almost real froome for a change.

The sheeeet he mainlined was all he ever was as a rider. Some legacy. Good riddance.
User avatar meat puppet

13 May 2018 15:32

MartinGT wrote:Dawg lost over a minute today. He will pull out now citing injuries sustained during the TT recon. But we all know its because he's riding pan y agua now uncle Cooky has gone.

Yep, even his team mates left him for dead... My prediction, like yours might well be correct, he'd pull the plug on the rest day, after a crash in the first stage or two. Looking at him at the end of yesterday's stage, he looked really done over, paler than usual, sunken eyes and generally done like a dinner. You can pull off a feint of exhaustion by pulling on the bars and making your face red, but I think the mental strain he's under is too much for him, and today's stage just reinforced that, I don't think he can afford to wait until week three, he's going to be too far down on GC by then, even with the patented egg whisk churning away.. His team don't seem to be supporting him well either, maybe he can't follow the wheels, maybe the team moral is suffering.
OR, maybe SDB is pulling the wool over all of our eyes and the magic transformation will happen just the right time, anything's possible....
User avatar S2Sturges

13 May 2018 15:35

Cookson gone, in no time a positive surfaces then in his next GT, Froomey looks like an average top 20 rider. His fall will be quick and hard.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

Re:

13 May 2018 15:47

Rollthedice wrote:Cookson gone, in no time a positive surfaces then in his next GT, Froomey looks like an average top 20 rider. His fall will be quick and hard.

It appears the goose has indeed been cooked. No teammates pulling the train in the last kilometers of a decisive mountain stage. That's a big tell, I think.
User avatar JosephK

13 May 2018 16:46

MartinGT wrote:Dawg lost over a minute today. He will pull out now citing injuries sustained during the TT recon. But we all know its because he's riding pan y agua now uncle Cooky has gone.

You think Froome rode on only pan y agua at Barloworld? I don't.

I don't think he is riding on pan y agua now, but Cookson is no longer in charge and there may be a clause in his 1.4mill that he doesn't test positive or he loses the dosh so Sky who probably get 50% of the 1.4 are probably playing safe on the doping end of things. Just means no motor and no unlimited doping.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

13 May 2018 17:34

Benotti69 wrote:

I don't think he is riding on pan y agua now, but Cookson is no longer in charge and there may be a clause in his 1.4mill that he doesn't test positive or he loses the dosh so Sky who probably get 50% of the 1.4 are probably playing safe on the doping end of things. Just means no motor and no unlimited doping.

For starters no fat burners were used, he looks chubbier than grantour Froome.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

13 May 2018 17:42

Benotti69 wrote:

Target testing is a bitch and Lappys new Dawg Kennel motor checking device won’t be helping. I’d say Froome is back at 2010 doping a little bit phase. Good to see :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re: Re:

13 May 2018 17:52

Mayomaniac wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:The utility of his low-fat approach is reduced
Kinda:
;)

Ryder also paid for it in 2013 when he showed up at around 68kg at the start of the Giro, he could now longer cope with the bad weather.

Rasmussen never had any problems when he trained in the Dolomites though. But he was "An expert of his own body" of course!
User avatar staubsauger

13 May 2018 18:26

thehog wrote:Target testing is a bitch

I'd love to see what the current "index of suspicion" for target testing looks like, and I wonder how being repeatedly target-tested OOC changes riders' behaviour. Being able to execute a doping program while being under the microscope is may be a key factor in long-term GC success in many cases.
User avatar vedrafjord

13 May 2018 18:30

thehog wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
MartinGT wrote:
Target testing is a bitch and Lappys new Dawg Kennel motor checking device won’t be helping. I’d say Froome is back at 2010 doping a little bit phase. Good to see :cool:

Didn't Froome take a nature break right before the Etna climb? So much so that he missed his helicopter after the stage, as it took him hours to muster enough pee for the doping controls check. -- Hours for the body's metabolism to do its thing, maybe?
User avatar JosephK

13 May 2018 20:56

Dawg's teammates leaving him behind said a lot. Something is seriously wrong (yeah I know, has been since 2011 :))
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

14 May 2018 04:21

thehog wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

I’m sure a TUE for Froome’s next “ailment” is in the works.

With the way he’s riding it would need to be a TUE for anemia though...
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

14 May 2018 05:04

42x16ss wrote:With the way he’s riding it would need to be a TUE for anemia though...

Abandon - Froome should whip out a salbutamol inhaler, take a puff, then stop at the side of the road and lie down on the ground. Gasping for air. Until carried away on a stretcher. Or he could deliberately have a minor crash, then feign crippling injury, then same routine.

Or, Non partant - to not take the start in the morning, citing "severe kidney dysfunction", it was already shown he is unable to produce doping control samples, now he must be taken to hospital and put on renal dialysis immediately

Seriously, Froome should just drop out now, and let Henao try for a podium finish. Seems like Sky domestiques are getting bored anyway, of pulling wobbly Froome to barely-made-it results

The 1.4 million euros appearance fee was just for showing up in Israel, I think. That part is mission-accomplished, and so now, Froome might as well look for an excuse to quit, preferably the details of which would also support his claims in his doping case. And to announce he will be "focusing on the Tour" as if nothing has happened all along, and TdF is still on the schedule as planned
ClassicomanoLuigi

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic